NBC Sports Edge Forums

It is what it is as they say.

The Ryan Clark tweet is funny. 

It's easy to question if the dolphins made the wrong decision or not when other guys are playing and Tua is stuck on the sidelines.

Lots of plays being made by other rookie QBs but not a lot of W's.

Quality analysis from Clark....

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I don't understand why they didn't put Tua in for a series or two at the end of the SF game. Why not let him get his feet wet? 

Meanwhile, Burrow has started since day one, and Herbert gets thrown in minutes before kickoff a few weeks ago and has since unseated the starter. 

Are the Dolphins afraid he's gonna get hurt? Do they feel he's not ready mentally? I don't get it. 

Sheesh, Tua has played as much as Mahomes at this point in their rookie seasons. The overreacting just reveals whose opinions are to be ignored.

Edited by joshua18
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Sheesh, Tua has played as much as Mahomes at this point in their rookie seasons. The overreacting just reveals who the morons are.

Was that all that necessary? Come on bruh, don’t get ur panties in a bunch,

Edited by Tomei7
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Sheesh, Tua has played as much as Mahomes at this point in their rookie seasons. The overreacting just reveals who the morons are.

I actually like Ryan Clark a lot. I think his tweet was more about what he thinks of Herbert and less about Tua, but it does come across as a bit of a troll move.

4 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Sheesh, Tua has played as much as Mahomes at this point in their rookie seasons. The overreacting just reveals whose opinions are to be ignored.

So, the 2020 Miami Dolphins are on an equal par with the 2017 KC Chiefs. Got it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I actually like Ryan Clark a lot. I think his tweet was more about what he thinks of Herbert and less about Tua, but it does come across as a bit of a troll move.

Sure does. What about the washington football team passing on tua and Herbert?

Did clark mention them? Or just Miami and tua?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Worst case scenario, they fumble the snap or something and the media overreacts to a small sample nothingburger. Best case scenario, Tua simply hands the ball to his RB, and the team still has a media circus to deal with all week. Good coaches don't put their teams in positions to become distracted.

Have heard the same from other Phins fans. All due respect, I disagree. 

Here's my logic. He is dressing and is the back up QB, right? What happens if he has to come in on a moments notice if Fitzy gets hurt or knocked out of a game? Wouldn't you rather get him some PT in a game that is either a lock to be won or a hopeless loss? Nothing to lose so to speak? 

To be clear, I'm not pushing for Tua to play. I just saw it as a missed opportunity. But, that's just one man's opinion. Don't even get me started on whether or not they should've drafted Herbert (yes, he was who I wanted them to draft!). 

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

I don't understand why they didn't put Tua in for a series or two at the end of the SF game. Why not let him get his feet wet? 

Meanwhile, Burrow has started since day one, and Herbert gets thrown in minutes before kickoff a few weeks ago and has since unseated the starter. 

Are the Dolphins afraid he's gonna get hurt? Do they feel he's not ready mentally? I don't get it. 

Sitting their young incumbent while getting quality play at QB was a luxury the Bengals and Chargers never had.

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

when/if they do go to Tua this season. would you guys be running to scoop him or wait and see approach. 

I play in a LOT of leagues...I'll more then likely scoop in 1 or 2 just to speculate at least. He's for sure owned in my 2QB leagues and my 16 man. I might go grab him in 14 kinda soon if he's not already owned. I'll have to get a share or two just in case.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

THE KID IS COMING OFF MAJOR HIP SURGERY, EVERYONE CALM DOWN AND LET HIM TAKE A YEAR TO RECOVER PROPERLY AND LEARN ON THE SIDELINES. U FANTASY ADDICTS ARE GREEDY AS HELL. 

This. I believe that he sits the entire year and starts in 2021 

Edited by Jordan Coppington

Fitzpatrick has been very solid but he is notorious for sucking when the games matter. Right now there are no expectations but when they win next week vs the Jets, they’ll be 3-3 and will be in the mix. Then the pressure will be on and we will see how it goes. It makes sense for Tua to sit and learn for the season but you never know, he could get the call if Fitzpatrick starts blowing it. 

Great seeing him on the field, even if it was in mop up duty.  His time will come.  I love watching a left handed quarterback, it's just a perspective we don't see that often.

Hoping he gets his chance soon.

Kid definitely have his head on straight. Easy to root for. But...Fitzmagic is beasting right now. Phins are learning how to win. 

The future is definitely bright in Miami. Reminds me of Brees and Russ. He will show all the people that are saying Miami should have went with Herbert wrong next season for sure. 

1 hour ago, dorwell said:

What do you think, will he be fantasy relevant this season outside of of garbage time?

I don’t see it. Fitz is playing so well, and the Dolphins are winning games, so why make a change? Unless Fitz gets hurt or the wheels totally fall off and force Flores’ hand, I expect that he’ll get a redshirt year just like Mahomes did.