Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Henry Ruggs III 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Per Rapsheet, "Tyrell Williams has a torn labrum in his shoulder, sources say. He's going to try to play through it after rehabbing for a few weeks." Who do you think benefits most here?  Henry Ruggs III or Bryan Edwards ?

Edited by FMIII
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

accident prone and injury prone are two different animals... though both keep you off the field.  

He was tending to HR Sr.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

I think him and Jeudy are in great spots to challenge that top receiver as a rookie role with Ruggs having a slight edge since Sutton is no slouch.

 

Sutton is the bonafide WR1 on his respective team, the Raiders .. there's a vacancy. I highly doubt Jeudy usurps Courtland his rookie year. Next year maybe 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

Sutton is the bonafide WR1 on his respective team, the Raiders .. there's a vacancy. I highly doubt Jeudy usurps Courtland his rookie year. Next year maybe 


yeah you’re probably right, which is why I backed off and said he will challenge for that top spot and not definitively overtake Sutton. Personally I think Jeudy is the best WR talent in this draft class but yeah Ruggs’ situation is too good to pass up with that 4.27 speed

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Las-Vegas-Raiders-expected-to-work-playbook-around-Henry-Ruggs-Jon-Gruden-Alabama-football-150871859/Amp/
 

“Gruden had designed a whole playbook for Antonio Brown, told me that every play was designed to go to 84,” David said on the NFL Network on Saturday. “You go from that to not having him and having to revamp that entire offense to try to figure it out. Now they’re in a situation where they want Henry Ruggs to be that guy. Based on what I’ve seen, I’m not saying he’s Antonio Brown yet, but he has the potential and he has the work ethic and he has the skill set. It pops on film, and Derek already has a great relationship and a feel for him.”

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, FMIII said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Las-Vegas-Raiders-expected-to-work-playbook-around-Henry-Ruggs-Jon-Gruden-Alabama-football-150871859/Amp/
 

“Gruden had designed a whole playbook for Antonio Brown, told me that every play was designed to go to 84,” David said on the NFL Network on Saturday. “You go from that to not having him and having to revamp that entire offense to try to figure it out. Now they’re in a situation where they want Henry Ruggs to be that guy. Based on what I’ve seen, I’m not saying he’s Antonio Brown yet, but he has the potential and he has the work ethic and he has the skill set. It pops on film, and Derek already has a great relationship and a feel for him.”

Ruggs is more athletic than Brown. It's exciting to see what shakes out there by the end of the season. Outside of Jeudy and Lamb, I don't think anyone is more equipped to deliver immediate impact and no one as far as I can tell has a better situation. He has TWO check down QBs needing someone who can create YAC. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FMIII said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Las-Vegas-Raiders-expected-to-work-playbook-around-Henry-Ruggs-Jon-Gruden-Alabama-football-150871859/Amp/
 

“Gruden had designed a whole playbook for Antonio Brown, told me that every play was designed to go to 84,” David said on the NFL Network on Saturday. “You go from that to not having him and having to revamp that entire offense to try to figure it out. Now they’re in a situation where they want Henry Ruggs to be that guy. Based on what I’ve seen, I’m not saying he’s Antonio Brown yet, but he has the potential and he has the work ethic and he has the skill set. It pops on film, and Derek already has a great relationship and a feel for him.”

Every play was designed to go to Brown? And the great mastermind of Gruden had zero contingency plans? Does this guy exaggerate much? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Every play was designed to go to Brown? And the great mastermind of Gruden had zero contingency plans? Does this guy exaggerate much? 

If all those plays he drew up for AB are now Ruggs to run, then I believe the rookie will be fun to watch -- probably giving him the start Week 1.

Interested in seeing how he, Bryan Edwards and Waller look together (have all three 😵📌).

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Spina said:

If all those plays he drew up for AB are now Ruggs to run, then I believe the rookie will be fun to watch -- probably giving him the start Week 1.

Interested in seeing how he, Bryan Edwards and Waller look together (have all three 😵📌).

Between those 3, Renfroe, & Jacobs, could the target share be spread too thin? Just curious to hear thoughts? Missed out on Ruggs in the draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Between those 3, Renfroe, & Jacobs, could the target share be spread too thin? Just curious to hear thoughts? Missed out on Ruggs in the draft. 

Neither one of them is established. Ruggs went 12th overall. I'm betting on Ruggs and its not even a big bet. He's cheap and if he bombs big whoop.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Think his rookie teammate is going to out score him. Edwards mold is the type that gets Carr off. 

If that’s the case then that little bitch QB will get benched. Apologies for the language. 

I think Gruden and Mayock want this offense opened up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruggs too fast 💨 and if the raiders burned a 12th overall pick on him ya best believe he’s going to be featured with Jacobs 110% , Ruggs going to get a lot of bubble screens, and reverse runs this year watch

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

Between those 3, Renfroe, & Jacobs, could the target share be spread too thin? Just curious to hear thoughts? Missed out on Ruggs in the draft. 

They talk a big game in terms of targeting Jacobs, but Jacobs was targeted 27 times last season. And DeAndre Washington was targeted 41 times (gone), and most importantly, Williams was targeted 64 times in 14 games and Renfroe was targeted 71 times in 13 games.  
 

With more than 500 attempts by Carr last season (between 69-70% completion rate over past two seasons), even if you assume 100 targets to RBs (Jacobs, Richard, Riddick, Bowden), that leaves 400+ targets to spread between Waller, Ruggs, Renfroe, Edwards and the other TEs (Moreau/Witten’s corpse).  It’s not difficult to see 80+ targets for Ruggs as a modest estimate.  Given where Gruden is, he’s got every incentive to go all in with “his” guys.  In PPR I’m buying Waller Ruggs, and Edwards, and the price is right even if one doesn’t pan out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tenner said:

He is being drafted right in that zone where you are drafting your bye-week play ins. Definitely worth the risk and there is a nice reward if he shines. 

I’ll take him on every team if he is my wr4

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Think his rookie teammate is going to out score him. Edwards mold is the type that gets Carr off. 

I’m really familiar with Gruden’s approach and I know he has a big role in mind for Ruggs. Part of why they got him is because he’ll mesh so well with Carr. Ruggs will be moved around a lot and run quick routes, allowing Carr to utilize his accuracy within 15 yards. Ruggs will make life easier for Carr. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Think his rookie teammate is going to out score him. Edwards mold is the type that gets Carr off. 

I think it’s very possible that Edwards has more receptions & is more targeted in the red zone, but Ruggs will have more yards & get his TD’s from YAC. I read somewhere (apologies for forgetting where) that Carr’s best accuracy is on drags, slants, & crossing routes. Both Ruggs & Edwards are very good at catching on the run so I don’t know if we’ll see either dominate targets

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...