Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Henry Ruggs III 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Every play was designed to go to Brown? And the great mastermind of Gruden had zero contingency plans? Does this guy exaggerate much? 

 

Fair point but if I got AB on my team I'm designing the offense around him too..lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

accident prone and injury prone are two different animals... though both keep you off the field.  

He was tending to HR Sr.

Posted Images

The Vegas Raida's literally have no WR to block Ruggs at all.

Williams is done for the season, zay Jones and agholor are JAGs. Edwards is legit but is also a rookie. Renfrow is serviceable.

 

When looking at most offensive rookies I look at potential useage. Ruggs has stepped into an offense that is dying for playmakers and opportunities should be plentiful.

 

This is why I like Ruggs to potentially break 1,000 yards as a rookie. If he stays healthy he should be on the field as much as he can handle and his YAC will be crazy with the 4.2 speed. 

 

I've been drafting Ruggs as my WR2 and I think it's a sneaky good play given he has no veteran competition for target share amongst the wideouts. My leagues reward big play bonuses and so rugs ability after the catch gave him the nod for me over others.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe Ruggs was drafted by LV with Kansas City, Tyreek Hill, and the AFC West in mind -- they needed their own fun, explosive toy to keep up.

 

Henry Ruggs=Tryeek-Lite

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Spina said:

Believe Ruggs was drafted by LV with Kansas City, Tyreek Hill, and the AFC West in mind -- they needed their own fun, explosive toy to keep up.

 

Henry Ruggs=Tryeek-Lite

KC wanted Ruggs. They couldn't get into position.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always pump the brakes on rookie receivers, even more so this year without real training camps.  However, it's rare for a rookie to have his opportunity.  He steps in as the go to guy on a decent team that fits him perfectly.  I expect they will feed him often on slants and screens, like Tyreek.  Decent running game means middle defenders can't cheat to him or they get gashed by Jacobs.  Play action could be huge.  Expect a couple of end arounds every week too.  I envision 5-10 targets per game, at least one being deep, and 2-3 carries.  I see his floor, like most elite rookie receivers, as a solid fantasy starter, with significant upside higher than anyone in his draft range.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of teams wanted this guy. If he slips I am pretty sure the Niners take him over Kinslaw.

 

My thought on his value is around the 100 draft position. I am not sure I would take him much higher then that unless you are in a keeper league of some sorts. It's true the Raiders don't have a lot of competition around him. He is also small and was never a workhorse type WR at Bama. Because the Raiders have me, Spyplane and Spina to share the field with Ruggs that also means he will be getting a lot of attention and defensive script. 

I don't think he is a 90+ reception guy and if he is getting 8 or so targets a game that's what he should be assuming a decent reception rate. Tyreek Hills is an alien built like a wood stump so don't compare him to Tyreek. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Named a starter opposite Edwards. I feel like a lot of people are overlooking him because the speed and Raiders. Everyone remembers Darius Hayward-Bey. No rookie will have a better target share at least to start the season. I love Ruggs on the season and love the match up vs Carolina week one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Goblue356 said:

Named a starter opposite Edwards. I feel like a lot of people are overlooking him because the speed and Raiders. Everyone remembers Darius Hayward-Bey. No rookie will have a better target share at least to start the season. I love Ruggs on the season and love the match up vs Carolina week one. 

 

A rookie WR with a shell of an offseason and no preseason games and you guys are ready to run him out there? You dudes have some big cajones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

 

A rookie WR with a shell of an offseason and no preseason games and you guys are ready to run him out there? You dudes have some big cajones. 

Expect them to keep it simple week 1. Couple of easy screens, maybe play action over the middle, an end around or two.  He's their most dangerous playmaker.  Make one guy miss and they have a nice gain.  They absolutely will get the ball to him.  Expect around 5 touches week 1.  He could turn that into 30 yards, or 100.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

The biggest.

 

Confidently starting him week 1. 

 

Maybe you have never seen him play?

 

 

 

Maybe you've never seen rookie WRs with full fledged off season programs be complete bums? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

The biggest.

 

Confidently starting him week 1. 

 

Maybe you have never seen him play?

 

 

One takeaway from that video - Usain Bolt sprinting on residential streets could net himself a speeding ticket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

 

A rookie WR with a shell of an offseason and no preseason games and you guys are ready to run him out there? You dudes have some big cajones. 

The Raiders are starting TWO rookie WRs. Gruden's are supersized but oh wait, he has like 8 more years fully guaranteed? He could run the whole field naked live on Monday night football without professional consequences. 🤣 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play if you're running him out there in week 1, but I presume you're in a deeper league. I have him in my 10-teamer, and there's just no way. It would be him or Fuller. I'll happily sit on him for a week to see what we have...hype or not, we really don't know how this will work out.

I will say, there aren't many other rookies I'd play in front of him. CEH of course, and Taylor. Probably Akers and Dobbins. And Lamb. Most of us will have enough other players to allow us to wait and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I’m Gruden, I throw a play-action bomb to him on the 1st play of the year. Defenses know about Jacobs so they’ll probably bite, then Ruggs flies past them. Completion or not, the threat is established & the safeties won’t be creeping up anymore 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

If I’m Gruden, I throw a play-action bomb to him on the 1st play of the year. Defenses know about Jacobs so they’ll probably bite, then Ruggs flies past them. Completion or not, the threat is established & the safeties won’t be creeping up anymore 

I love this.  I can see Matt Rhule after the game when asked bout being down 6-0 14 seconds into the game "I had no idea who that Gary Huggs guy is, apparently he was the first WR drafted and rand a 4.27 forty."  If fantasy dorks like us know what Ruggs and the Raiders offense brings to the table you can bet Rhule the Carolina staff and DBs know what thay're facing.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Goblue356 said:

I love this.  I can see Matt Rhule after the game when asked bout being down 6-0 14 seconds into the game "I had no idea who that Gary Huggs guy is, apparently he was the first WR drafted and rand a 4.27 forty."  If fantasy dorks like us know what Ruggs and the Raiders offense brings to the table you can bet Rhule the Carolina staff and DBs know what thay're facing.  

 

... or it could be 6-0 after only 14 seconds 'cuz Carr was strip sacked, and it was housed 😁

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...