NBC Sports Edge Forums

Henry Ruggs III 2020 Outlook

17 minutes ago, affliction said:

Waller is the number one receiver. Ruggs is Ted Ginn

Did they pass to Waller because Carr only wants to pass to him or did they pass to Waller because that’s what the Saints D gave him?   I’m still not sure the answer to that question.  If it’s the first one it’s going to be a tough year for Ruggs.  If it’s the second there’s hope.  

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

accident prone and injury prone are two different animals... though both keep you off the field.  

He was tending to HR Sr.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, aapox said:

It's one bad game. He's a rookie, he's banged up. Give him some time. I won't be starting him or really figuring out what to do for at least a couple more weeks. Most rookies don't show their full hand until weeks 6-8 range. Not everyone is gonna be McLaurin. 

I totally agree, but in my 10-teamer I'm cutting bait. Would be perfectly happy to hold, but there are just so many good options out there that are scoring right now. Just posted something similar in the Preston Williams thread. We're getting to the point where you have to choose your stashes, and Ruggs still feels like one, sadly. Can see him exploding, of course, and in tougher leagues I'd hang on.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I totally agree, but in my 10-teamer I'm cutting bait. Would be perfectly happy to hold, but there are just so many good options out there that are scoring right now. Just posted something similar in the Preston Williams thread. We're getting to the point where you have to choose your stashes, and Ruggs still feels like one, sadly. Can see him exploding, of course, and in tougher leagues I'd hang on.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Rookie WR stashes are super tough in 10 teamers or leagues with shallow benches.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When he's healthy, he's probably the raiders WR1. Need to see him healthy though, he looked really hampered by his knee injury earlier in the season. Raiders badly need the deep threat he presents to open the game for Jacobs and Waller.

Edited by harck

I just traded for him in a dynasty league so hoping to see something before the end of the year.  My biggest concern about him is the QB situation.  I think he could be very similar to Tyreek Hill, but he doesn't have Patrick Mahomes throwing him the ball. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I just traded for him in a dynasty league so hoping to see something before the end of the year.  My biggest concern about him is the QB situation.  I think he could be very similar to Tyreek Hill, but he doesn't have Patrick Mahomes throwing him the ball. 

Or Andy Reid...

4 minutes ago, Tenner said:

What do you think his upside is this season? I moved on after week 1.

Great question... Ruggs hit the wire in one of my leagues and I really want to grab him to just sit on the lottery ticket.

Being a rookie with no OTAs and an early season injury the guy can really only get better.

Vegas fans have been calling for Marcus Mariota.  Not sure if that would help him or not but with where his production has been so far I don't think it could hurt him.

1 hour ago, Rotocious said:

Great question... Ruggs hit the wire in one of my leagues and I really want to grab him to just sit on the lottery ticket.

Being a rookie with no OTAs and an early season injury the guy can really only get better.

Vegas fans have been calling for Marcus Mariota.  Not sure if that would help him or not but with where his production has been so far I don't think it could hurt him.

I have seen more Raiders fans calling for patience with Carr as he is the least of the Raiders current troubles.

1 minute ago, pdizzle710 said:

I have seen more Raiders fans calling for patience with Carr as he is the least of the Raiders current troubles.

I think I read a stat about him having the most turnovers in the 2nd half of games?  Something along those lines.

Just now, Rotocious said:

I think I read a stat about him having the most turnovers in the 2nd half of games?  Something along those lines.

I think it can partially be attributed to the position the atrocious defense has put him in where he feels the need to take more risks. As a Raiders fan, our defense totally blows.

• Like 1