NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Honestly don't know what to make of this game...

KC Home vs Jets...The score could realistically be 30-0 by halftime.

If I have learned anything in all my years of fantasy, expect the unexpected. Buffalo could barely beat the Jets last week. I'm not saying Allen and the Bills are on KC's level. But we've seen some stupid **** happen before. 

• Thanks 2
Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

How much Williams puts 3 guys on Bell every time he touches the field so that he doesn’t do ****. Lol. I feel CEH has another 100 yard rushing day coming... be nice to design a screen for him that actually works.

fixed. 

the team may hate Gase, but their DC is one of the most notorious scumbags in recent leeg history ... that defense may be fired up for Bell, as per their coordinator 

• Like 1

I’m not buying the whole Bell revenge angle. Reid isn’t going to try to get stats for a guy who has been on the team for two weeks over guys who have been grinding for the team for months. Bell could have a good game, but it’s not like he is going to get extra work because he is playing his past team.

The league has changed. Chiefs, rams, pats, jets, lions, bills amongst other teams are just using a RB rotation throughout the whole game. Adding bell to this mix is just a nightmare. You can’t start any RB on the chiefs period. Worst part about this whole thing is it’s not like you can just drop him either. Nothing is worst than dead weight on a roster. Absolute worst case scenario.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 3

I somehow dodged this bullet and ended up with no shares of him but I thought he'd be a real asset with huge, league-winning upside.  If you told me that CEH was healthy the first eight weeks of the season and had done this little I could have only come up with one possible explanation: Mahomes had been injured in Week 1 and the whole offense just languished behind a terrible backup QB (you know, like Dallas w/o Dak).  KC scored 35 points today and led by two or more scores for like 35 minutes and the guy totaled 31 yards.  Unreal.

Yeah those who called RB3 were correct, for both Bell and CEH. This team doesn't run much to begin with and a 50/50 split just dooms this backfield for Fantasy. 6-10 touches for both Bell and Ceh, 2-4 targets. Not enough volume to reliably start a guy. Then you have the Chiefs leading in a lot of 4th quarters, so Williams comes in to ice the game.

• Thanks 1

page 100 to celebrate his fantasy demise. TD dependent RB who rarely scores TDs and doesn't get passing work. To the bench he goes. Thanks Andy Reid. THIS is why CEH owners weren't happy with bell. 

"b b but CEH will be fine" they said 🥴

Edited by Guwop
On 10/29/2020 at 5:17 PM, CORTEz said:

Honestly don't know what to make of this game...

KC Home vs Jets...The score could realistically be 30-0 by halftime.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, SuperJoint said:

Exactly this could be the 2nd week in a row of Twilight Zone Football where we have no true idea after the game is over how this is split is really going to go down.

I'm as pessimistic about MEH as anyone here - at least I thought I was. I use the poor form of quoting myself (in response to @CORTEz) to point out how this type of game from both Bell and MEH was foreseeable. All the Chiefs had to do was choose how they wanted to beat the Jets today and they could do so - they chose to have Mahomes throw the ball all day. 

All the gloom and doom in here is unwarranted imo - this was a very unusual set-up for a game between the worst team in the NFL and one of the best.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Hope you all listened and traded him when he had value. 

Lol. I packaged him probably 15 different ways and no one wanted him. But at least I tried. Most people saw this coming. Can’t say the same for everyone that owns him. It’s actually even worst than I thought. Not only are bell and him in a 50/50 split but Williams AND Thompson both got work too. But I’m sure there will be some optimists on here to see the positive. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I loved seeing Lev Bell fail to get the 4 and 1. I hope people will stop claiming this man is a bruiser and will pick up short yardage and goal line opportunities with more efficiency then CEH. I hope Lev Bell just takes all of D Wills snaps and everything else goes back to before.

• Like 2

KC is just so good on offense they really have no consistency when it comes to game plan. The only guy in this offense who has been consistently good outside of Mahomes is Kelce. Even Hill has been up and down. I’m hoping as the weather gets worst they will go to the ground more. But CEH is starting to look like one of those guys who could lose you weeks. The floor seems low and the ceiling isn’t all that high.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story