NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

On 11/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, StevenSC400 said:

You bench him lol. I mean he got so lucky to save everyone with that TD. That’s not going to happen every week. Without it you would be looking at a horrible week. Unless your in deep leagues I don’t see how you cant find a better option to start. His floor now is like 2-3 points. His ceiling isn’t very high. Going to guess maybe 15 points max unless he gets extremely lucky. So where is the upside?

pretty much

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ergogh said:

is this guy worth anything anymore smh

To me he’s worth holding on to in case something changes (injury or dramatic usage change). Plus in a keeper league he’s worth hanging on to because he very well may project as a top 5 pick next season, depending on offseason roster changes. But if you’re fighting for your season right now, there may be better immediate options on the wire.  I am assuming I won’t be able to start him again this season unless I am desperate.  But it’s also possible the chiefs realize they need to be more balanced (run the ball more), and if that happens and CEH gets back into double digit touches, he’s viable again.

After watching last nights Colts game, I feel a whole lot better about CEH. Obviously CEH was taken much earlier in drafts than Taylor, but Taylor is basically droppable in most leagues. CEH still have FLEX value and I think his arrow is pointing up more than down. Meaning, I think the situation has already hit rock bottom. Chances are KC will run the ball more than 10 times. 

Bye weeks are used to work on fixing issues. I fully expect KC to establish the run coming out of the bye. They are succeeding, but throwing 80% of the time isn't sustainable, at least not for long stretches of the season.

Edited by LionKid90
1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

After watching last nights Colts game, I feel a whole lot better about CEH. Obviously CEH was taken much earlier in drafts than Taylor, but Taylor is basically droppable in most leagues. CEH still have FLEX value and I think his arrow is pointing up more than down. Meaning, I think the situation has already hit rock bottom. Chances are KC will run the ball more than 10 times. 

Bye weeks are used to work on fixing issues. I fully expect KC to establish the run coming out of the bye. They are succeeding, but throwing 80% of the time isn't sustainable, at least not for long stretches of the season.

For literally any other team, I agree with you.

Unfortunately, with this team; Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Hardman, and on and on, I fear that throwing 80% of the time might actually be sustainable.  I guess we'll see.  I'm not panicking as much as others, but my concern is for sure on the rise.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

For literally any other team, I agree with you.

Unfortunately, with this team; Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Hardman, and on and on, I fear that throwing 80% of the time might actually be sustainable.  I guess we'll see.  I'm not panicking as much as others, but my concern is for sure on the rise.

Agreed with what you said. If any team can break the narrative and go pass heavy upwards of 80% of the time, it would be KC.

I expect them to try to get a bit more balanced. Might be more like a 65% pass rate which is still really high. 

What I’m trying to say is that we hit rock bottom. KC can’t abandon the run anymore than they already have. At worst, CEH remains what he’s been the last few weeks. But most likely he gets upwards of 12-15 touches.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

Is anyone contemplating benching this week? Maybe KC will decide to start running ball again after the bye week or maybe he'll get 6 carries again. I'm thinking about benching until KC proves they are willing to run the ball.

[..] I have no confidence in firing up CEH right now with the touches he got over the three weeks leading into the bye.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

Is anyone contemplating benching this week? Maybe KC will decide to start running ball again after the bye week or maybe he'll get 6 carries again. I'm thinking about benching until KC proves they are willing to run the ball.

Benching for Gibson. I'll play him again once I see a game or two of improved usage. But the risk of a dud is way too high right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Chiefs lost to the Raiders last time after only running the ball 10 times with CEH. Gotta think they switch the gameplan up a bit this time around.

Hopefully that's the case, and the bigger hope for ROS is that they see that maybe the Jets weren't entirely wrong about Bell and used the bye to shift things back to how they were before acquiring him (i.e., ~20+ touches for CEH). They could then slot Bell in the old Darrell Williams role and phase Williams out (or split that work between those two).

• Like 2

[...] Hard for me to imagine his crappy usage continuing. Kid was off to a solid start. Now that they see Leveon Bell is spent, they can divvy up the carries accordingly. 

CEH 70% share

Bell 15% share

The other guy 15% share

CEH will go over 100 yards and score a receiving and rushing touchdown. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Putting my balls on the table. Starting CEH with the playoffs on the line. Hard for me to imagine his crappy usage continuing. Kid was off to a solid start. Now that they see Leveon Bell is spent, they can divvy up the carries accordingly. 

CEH 70% share

Bell 15% share

The other guy 15% share

Big balls dragging on the floor, baby, I love it.  I'm firing him up as well.  Let's ******** go.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Probably nothing but worth keeping an eye on.... would be weird to be a rest day coming out of a bye.

was he at practice yesterday?  and what does "early part" actually mean?

29 minutes ago, Panthor said:

was he at practice yesterday?  and what does "early part" actually mean?

Chiefs practiced yesterday and he wasn't on the injury report.  I believe reporters are only allowed to view the start of practice - the "early part" so he wouldn't know if he joined after that portion.

3 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

[...] Hard for me to imagine his crappy usage continuing. Kid was off to a solid start. Now that they see Leveon Bell is spent, they can divvy up the carries accordingly. 

CEH 70% share

Bell 15% share

The other guy 15% share

I like your enthusiasm and I don't think it's overly pollyannish. Firing him up as well. See you on the other side to commiserate or celebrate!

51 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Hopefully its not COVID.

I highly doubt it. It doesn't take long to find out if it is, and in that case he'd have to be immediately quarantined and the news would be out right quick. 

"Normal" illnesses are going to happen still - Duke Johnson is the latest example before MEH. 

I have to decide tonight because the only decent replacements I have go tonight - I feel pretty comfortable leaving him in at this point.