Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Okkkkay big Clyde. Painfully obvious Bell has lost a step or two. 

They basically gifted him that touchdown, should've gone to Helaire.

Big second half ? Sign me up ! 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

This is obvious, but exercise a bit of caution next week at least. TB's run D isn't a joke, even with Vea out for the year.

Also, KC's D couldn't get off of the field yesterday... it made me wonder if these seemingly longer KC drives with lots of short passes may have been part of a plan to keep their D off of the field. 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

In the broadcast last night, the announcers mentioned that Gruden is giving jacobs every third series off.

 

I wonder if andy has something similar planned for CEH.

That’s what happened in the first half; CEH started the second half too, but he asked to be subbed out during the first drive I believe, a drive in which he eventually returned and I think scored. I thought it was Bell a lot of the time after that though, so maybe the plan changes in the second half and/or they were being cautious with CEH after he got a little banged up in the first drive of the second half and/or Bell complained (???).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, griffin727 said:

Anyone else have the Mahomes-CEH weekly stack? CEH production has been all over the place but it's nice to have basically 40 points wrapped up from the two spots.

Yes - it's a nice hedge now that it looks like CEH might rack up some rushing TDs. You basically just have to worry about rushing TDs from Bell/Williams (as was the case yesterday) and GL trickery with WRs/Kelce.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CEH was highly productive despite "sharing the load" with what looked like a Bell shell. CEH owners have absolutely NOTHING to worry about going forward and can look forward to many more games like this one. There really is nothing left for Bell owners at this point except for a few table scraps and the pleasure of trolling and instilling doubt in insecure CEH owners. It is clear that the Chiefs have no intention of turning this thing over to Bell. Any hiccups will come from game script because you have the Quarter Billi King chucking the rock, not because of a threat from Bell. CEH belongs in starting lineups each and every week. Let the trolls troll. AFter all, they need something else to do besides watching their "league winner" stand on the sidelines sulking with his helmet on backwards. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's sitting at #9 in total points, #15 in pts/game in half PPR after yesterday's game - not bad at all. He's only had 1 dud (ironically vs. the Jets when Mahomes wouldn't stop throwing) on the season despite the disruptive Bell signing, and I don't see why he can't finish as at least a high-end RB2 ROS, especially after yesterday's encouraging performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

CEH was highly productive despite "sharing the load" with what looked like a Bell shell. CEH owners have absolutely NOTHING to worry about going forward and can look forward to many more games like this one. There really is nothing left for Bell owners at this point except for a few table scraps and the pleasure of trolling and instilling doubt in insecure CEH owners. It is clear that the Chiefs have no intention of turning this thing over to Bell. Any hiccups will come from game script because you have the Quarter Billi King chucking the rock, not because of a threat from Bell. CEH belongs in starting lineups each and every week. Let the trolls troll. AFter all, they need something else to do besides watching their "league winner" stand on the sidelines sulking with his helmet on backwards. 

No one was every really worried about bell taking over. The problem here is the table scraps your talking about aren’t only going to bell. There also going to Williams. Which is all eating into the production of CEH. This is the first time he’s got over 10 carries the past 4 games. Bell and Williams aren’t going anywhere. There going to be sticking around all year annoying CEH. There may be more games like this one but you’ll never know when they will come. Unless CEH takes firm control of this backfield nothing has really changed. Next week there’s a chance he gets 6-8 carries again with no TDs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

He's sitting at #9 in total points, #15 in pts/game in half PPR after yesterday's game - not bad at all. He's only had 1 dud (ironically vs. the Jets when Mahomes wouldn't stop throwing) on the season despite the disruptive Bell signing, and I don't see why he can't finish as at least a high-end RB2 ROS, especially after yesterday's encouraging performance.

i mean if he's top 10 in total pts in ppr, 1/2 ppr and standard...safe to just call him an RB1. I mean he's not a flashy RB1, but considering the train wreck of a position rb is this year with injuries...getting bell actually makes me feel better about CEH because even though his true potential gets limited, the risk of injury also drops which can just CRUSH you on any given week. I'd happily take his high floor and chance of a blow up game like we had on MNF. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

No one was every really worried about bell taking over. The problem here is the table scraps your talking about aren’t only going to bell. There also going to Williams. Which is all eating into the production of CEH. This is the first time he’s got over 10 carries the past 4 games. Bell and Williams aren’t going anywhere. There going to be sticking around all year annoying CEH. There may be more games like this one but you’ll never know when they will come. Unless CEH takes firm control of this backfield nothing has really changed. Next week there’s a chance he gets 6-8 carries again with no TDs. 

Bell taking over was within the range of outcomes being considered (perhaps disproportionately by Bell owners hoping they hit big on their lotto ticket).

To your other point though, yesterday's higher workload could have been due to attacking an opponent's weakness (LV's run D) plus a design to keep KC's apparently crappy D off of the field; I don't imagine the same game plan will be in place next week's vs. TB's stout run D. What I'm hoping for vs. TB is more play-action and targets to offset what might be more like 8-10 carries.

Regarding roles, they potentially look relatively defined at this point: CEH and Bell have about a 2:1 split on touches, and Williams is the hurry-up guy. That might result in ~15 touches vs. teams weaker to the run, which is plenty to do well in this offense; against a tough run D, you might get ~10 looks (+/-2 or so), at which point he becomes a bit more TD-dependent as he isn't really the type to break for really long runs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Bell taking over was within the range of outcomes being considered (perhaps disproportionately by Bell owners hoping they hit big on their lotto ticket).

To your other point though, yesterday's higher workload could have been due to attacking an opponent's weakness (LV's run D) plus a design to keep KC's apparently crappy D off of the field; I don't imagine the same game plan will be in place next week's vs. TB's stout run D. What I'm hoping for vs. TB is more play-action and targets to offset what might be more like 8-10 carries.

Regarding roles, they potentially look relatively defined at this point: CEH and Bell have about a 2:1 split on touches, and Williams is the hurry-up guy. That might result in ~15 touches vs. teams weaker to the run, which is plenty to do well in this offense; against a tough run D, you might get ~10 looks (+/-2 or so), at which point he becomes a bit more TD-dependent as he isn't really the type to break for really long runs.

I see what your saying but anyone rational wasn’t scared of bell taking over. My biggest fear was exactly what happened. Him crowding this backfield. But yeah that’s a fairly good break down of touches. Definitely agree this was game plan for the raiders. How many of those do you think he has left this year?  He’s just going to be unpredictable at times. If your ok with that then by all means keep him start him etc. I just think after this bell trade right now his value is probably the highest it’s going to be. I’m not advocating for selling him for peanuts but if you can move him for someone safer and more predictable I would without thinking twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I just think after this bell trade right now his value is probably the highest it’s going to be. I’m not advocating for selling him for peanuts but if you can move him for someone safer and more predictable I would without thinking twice.

 

Curious if you could throw out some names, RB landscape is scary out there

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

Curious if you could throw out some names, RB landscape is scary out there

One that immediately comes to mind where people may be willing to trade is James Robinson. He’s a waiver pickup been as solid as ever no matter what matchup. He’s very obtainable. Some other targets that are realistic are Conner, Zeke, gurley. Then maybe even someone like Jacobs. Some of these trades may obviously have to be 2 for one. CEH and a WR etc. But in my opinion I would move him if I could. All of these options are realistic targets except maybe for Jacobs.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

One that immediately comes to mind that 

One that immediately comes to mind where people may be willing to trade is James Robinson. He’s a waiver pickup been as solid as ever no matter what matchup. He’s very obtainable. Some other targets that are realistic are Conner, Zeke, gurley. Then maybe even someone like Jacobs. Some of these trades may obviously have to be 2 for one. CEH and a WR etc. But in my opinion I would move him if I could. 

no one is trading james robinson for ceh, robinson is the no.4 rb in many formats and just had a pretty decent game without any tds vs pittsburgh where his qb couldn't do anything. 

people are trading jacobs for ceh? really?

james conner you trust? a guy losing goal line carries to benny snell? gurley who has proven to be horrid and does nothing if he doesn't fall into the end zone which is a complete fluke. And zeke with a competent qb has a lot of value, why would be people trading zeke after last game?

 

fails across the board. 

 

CEH is a low end rb1. that's his tier. you hold and take his high floor. 

Edited by TroutFister
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TroutFister said:

no one is trading james robinson for ceh, robinson is the no.4 rb in many formats and just had a pretty decent game without any tds vs pittsburgh where his qb couldn't do anything. 

people are trading jacobs for ceh? really?

james conner you trust? a guy losing goal line carries to benny snell? gurley who has proven to be horrid and does nothing if he doesn't fall into the end zone which is a complete fluke. And zeke with a competent qb has a lot of value, why would be people trading zeke after last game?

 

fails across the board. 

Every single one of your takes is a fail across the board. Do what you want. It’s your team. Someone asked for my opinion and I gave it. I also said to package him. CEH plus another player. People have been screaming all year to move Robinson before he flops. Every league is different and everyone’s perceptions of players is different. I’d rather take my chances on gurley falling into the end zone like he has been doing vs take my chances with CEH getting 10 touches which can happen any given week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Every single one of your takes is a fail across the board. Do what you want. It’s your team. Someone asked for my opinion and I gave it. I also said to package him. CEH plus another player. People have been screaming all year to move Robinson before he flops. Every league is different and everyone’s perceptions of players is different. I’d rather take my chances on gurley falling into the end zone like he has been doing vs take my chances with CEH getting 10 touches which can happen any given week.

sureeee, takee gurley. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, due to injury and the playoffs being right around the corner, who in their right mind is going to move off a guy like Conner or Jacobs? No way! I own both Robinson and CEH. Now, before this gets unfairly labeled as self promotion, I say that to say this.. I would NOT trade Robinson for CEH. Although I think they are both good backs, Robinson has a MONSTER carry share. WIth hope that they may turn back to Minshew, his value is even greater with the potential for more receptions. Those backs are out of your price range. Now, I can't help but feel Elliot owners would gladly trade him away. But why step from one "unknown" to another? We know the Chiefs will always have redzone opportunities. The Cowboys, not so much without Dak. Trading is already difficult. This time of year is even tougher unless you can convince cousin Mo to give you gold for garbage. Most people are happy with the production and potential CEH brings and aren't looking to make downgrades or lateral jumps. I have to agree with Trout here. You strap yourself in and ride the CEH train til the end. You are unlikely to get anything without blowing up your team. Either that or you play in a friends and family league where you can move Sony Michel for Christian McCaffery because "the other guy is a Patriots fan and Christian is hurt...."

 

 

PS. Own Gurley and would absolutely NOT move CEH for him. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

 

One that immediately comes to mind where people may be willing to trade is James Robinson. He’s a waiver pickup been as solid as ever no matter what matchup. He’s very obtainable. Some other targets that are realistic are Conner, Zeke, gurley. Then maybe even someone like Jacobs. Some of these trades may obviously have to be 2 for one. CEH and a WR etc. But in my opinion I would move him if I could. All of these options are realistic targets except maybe for Jacobs.

 

JRob would take an extra player to get. I rather have CEH than Zeke personally but its probably a wash. Outside of Week 14 vs Cincy, Zeke's schedule is pretty brutal. Conner is basically CEH but on much worse offense. Gurley is the guy you should have sold weeks ago. He might be one of the worst 2nd half RBs with the inevitable TD regression.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't trade CEH for Robinson at this point in the season. Give me the historically explosive offense vs touches all day. We just got a taste of the workload CEH is about to see for the rest of the year. Chiefs likely used the bye to work out some running game issues. CEH will be a huge focal point of this offense for the remainder of the year. As an aside, because of his low center of gravity, he is really tough to bring down. His legs just keep driving.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

 

JRob would take an extra player to get. I rather have CEH than Zeke personally but its probably a wash. Outside of Week 14 vs Cincy, Zeke's schedule is pretty brutal. Conner is basically CEH but on much worse offense. Gurley is the guy you should have sold weeks ago. He might be one of the worst 2nd half RBs with the inevitable TD regression.

 

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Look, due to injury and the playoffs being right around the corner, who in their right mind is going to move off a guy like Conner or Jacobs? No way! I own both Robinson and CEH. Now, before this gets unfairly labeled as self promotion, I say that to say this.. I would NOT trade Robinson for CEH. Although I think they are both good backs, Robinson has a MONSTER carry share. WIth hope that they may turn back to Minshew, his value is even greater with the potential for more receptions. Those backs are out of your price range. Now, I can't help but feel Elliot owners would gladly trade him away. But why step from one "unknown" to another? We know the Chiefs will always have redzone opportunities. The Cowboys, not so much wihout Dak. Trading is already difficult. This time of year is even tougher unless you can convince cousin Mo to give you gold for garbage. Most people are happy with the production and potential CEH brings and aren't looking to make downgrades or lateral jumps. I have to agree with Trout here. You strap yourself in and ride the CEH train til the end. You are unlikely to get anything without blowing up your team. Either that or you play in a friends and family league where you can move Sony Michel for Christian McCaffery because "the other guy is a Patriots fan and Christian is hurt...."

 

 

PS. Own Gurley and would absolutely NOT move CEH for him. 

So did you guys read my whole post? I said it would likely take a 2 for 1. CEH and another WR let’s say to a team that can use both players. Another thing. No one is saying anyone will trade you. But I wouldn’t be sitting there doing nothing and not trying to sell high after this week. Then next week if he puts up a dud say oh man I wish I would have tried to move him last week. Someone asked my opinion and I gave it. My number one target I mentioned was Robinson. The other players are some that you can say are in his range. But personally I don’t trust CEHs usage. Go send packages to the Robinson and Jacobs owners etc. they may have a change of mind after CEHs big week. That’s why it’s called a “sell high” go package him and woods or Kupp or Godwin etc. go try to do something instead of sitting there with your fingers crossed is what I’m saying. And I would personally rather have gurley and zeke over him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...