NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

Rushing performances from “starting” running backs vs. the Buccaneers defense this season:

Week 1: Alvin Kamara - 12 carries for 16 yards

Week 2: Christian McCaffrey - 18 carries for 59 yards

Week 3: Melvin Gordon III - 8 carries for 26 yards

Week 4: Joshua Kelley - 9 carries for 7 yards

Week 5: David Montgomery - 10 carries for 29 yards

Week 6: Aaron Jones - 10 carries for 15 yards

Week 7: Josh Jacobs - 10 carries for 17 yards

Week 8: Wayne Gallman - 12 carries for 44 yards

Week 9: Alvin Kamara - 9 carries for 40 yards

Week 10: Mike Davis - 7 carries for 32 yards

Week 11: Darrell Henderson Jr. - 8 carries for 5 yards

Week 12: Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 11 carries for 37 yards

As you can see, the Buccaneers defense hasn’t even allowed a SIXTY yard rusher this season, let alone a hundred yard rusher. The most rushing yards they’ve allowed to a single player this season was CMC’s 59 yard effort all the way back in week 2 while CMC was still healthy. There have been a couple of good fantasy outings from RBs against the Bucs defense, but those have strictly been from Kamara since he is so heavily involved in the passing game that he leads his team in targets. He also luckboxed into the end zone a couple of times vs. TB strictly due to being force fed so much volume.

From strictly a run defense standpoint, the 2020 Buccaneers are not only the best run defense in the entire NFL, they are also stopping the run at a historic rate. Starting any running back against them, with the exception of Kamara or healthy CMC, isn’t very wise at the moment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Pathetic. 1st/2nd rounders ordinarily do not cost owners wins. He is a "nice to have" kind of a toy for the Chiefs.

Damien Harris and MEH: 2 rookies whose careers have been stunted for the next few years because of where they were drafted.

10 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Rushing performances from “starting” running backs vs. the Buccaneers defense this season:

As you can see, the Buccaneers defense hasn’t even allowed a SIXTY yard rusher this season, let alone a hundred yard rusher. The most rushing yards they’ve allowed to a single player this season was CMC’s 59 yard effort all the way back in week 2 while CMC was still healthy. There have been a couple of good fantasy outings from RBs against the Bucs defense, but those have strictly been from Kamara since he is so heavily involved in the passing game that he leads his team in targets. He also luckboxed into the end zone a couple of times vs. TB strictly due to being force fed so much volume.

From strictly a run defense standpoint, the 2020 Buccaneers are not only the best run defense in the entire NFL, they are also stopping the run at a historic rate. Starting any running back against them, with the exception of Kamara or healthy CMC, isn’t very wise at the moment.

Yep, just a bad matchup against a good run D. Most teams play their safeties back against the Chiefs but Tampa didn't do that. I don't think they'll see too many more teams play that aggressive after what Tyreek did to them. Good news is Bell is no threat, other than taking like every third series. The floor is low for a 1st round pick but you have to start him most weeks for the upside, unless your team is just loaded. 

Edited by KCTD25
  • Like 2
52 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Yeah but you left out a couple of important details and that’s TDs and receiving yards. Everyone knows that Tampa is hard to run against. But the other running backs still scored TDs. Quite a few of them. The point here is that CEH is in big committee and he’s maybe the third option. The other problem is the chiefs pass pass pass at the goal line and they don’t use him often enough in passing situations. Hope you guys sold high last week like I said because that train has left the building. This is his floor. And it can happen any given week. As far as “needing” to start him every week. I would have had zero hesitation starting Gallman, Hines etc over him this week. That’s the reality. 

6 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Top 5 ROS

I assume this is sarcasm, but the schedule does look pretty good outside of week 15 vs. NO (and even that could be OK because it might be a high-scoring affair that should give him scoring opportunities). Surprised to see ATL (week 16 matchup) ranked so high in fantasy points against vs. RBs though - I think earlier in the year it was because it was so easy to throw on them, but I wonder how their D is looking after destroying LV yesterday and after seemingly winning more in general after Quinn got canned.

47 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Name the 1st rounders that went after him that have more points.

0 by default he was picked 10th in my 10 man league.

Honestly, I think most of us seen this coming this week. What I can't figure out is why some of these teams try so hard to stop the run against the Chiefs. The safeties weren't playing deep this game so Tyreek had one of the best WR games of all time. If I'm a defensive coordinator I would rather the chiefs run the ball and short passes for longer drives with a greater chance of them making a mistake. If they were to beat my team it wouldn't be by the deep ball, but I'm just some idiot in a holler so what do I know.

I do believe he won't score this low again for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Name the 1st rounders that went after him that have more points.

You are talking NFL draft 1st rounders right? There are zero since he was the last pick in the 1st round. 

There are plenty of FF 1st round picks that went after CEH that have scored more points. HIS ADP was higher then Cook, Henry, Jacobs and Adams. At least he beats out Mixon. 

1 minute ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

You are talking NFL draft 1st rounders right? There are zero since he was the last pick in the 1st round. 

There are plenty of FF 1st round picks that went after CEH that have scored more points. HIS ADP was higher then Cook, Henry, Jacobs and Adams. At least he beats out Mixon. 

Talking fantasy. It's a FFB forum.

So.....4? If you play in a 12-14 team league. Not bad if you are capable of realizing it.

5 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Talking fantasy. It's a FFB forum.

So.....4? If you play in a 12-14 team league. Not bad if you are capable of realizing it.

In 12-14 team leagues the names would continue to include Chubb, Jones and Ekeler. 

Let me ask you... Other then Saquan would you take Clyde for any of these guys ROS? CMC, Elliot, Kamara, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Adams, Thomas, Ekeler. Of the top 12 picks you would take CEH over two right? One is out for the season and Mixon has a million question marks. Elliot would be borderline but I personally would take Elliot. I hope that helps you understand some peoples frustrations. 

We know the Bucs run defense was the worst possible matchup but it's extremely obvious that the biggest thing holding CEH back this season is the Chiefs passing game being monstrously efficient. They can win against any team they want just by passing the ball 50+ times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully Clyde rewards owners next week.  Denver has given up some huge games to RBs recently.  45 pts to Josh Jacobs + Booker in Week 10. 30 pts to Lat Murray and Kamara in Week 12.  They've only given up three 100 yd games to WRs...Crowder (104), Zaccheaus (103) and Corey Davis (101).

Last time the played, CEH went 8-46-1 and Le'veon went 6 for 39. 

3 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

In 12-14 team leagues the names would continue to include Chubb, Jones and Ekeler. 

Let me ask you... Other then Saquan would you take Clyde for any of these guys ROS? CMC, Elliot, Kamara, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Adams, Thomas, Ekeler. Of the top 12 picks you would take CEH over two right? One is out for the season and Mixon has a million question marks. Elliot would be borderline but I personally would take Elliot. I hope that helps you understand some peoples frustrations. 

Lets make something clear. I passed on him and thought people were foolish for wanting him over any of those names.....BUT only half of the first round picks have more points than CEH to this point. He's currently RB12. Getting an RB1 (12 teams being an average size of league) is 1st round value. 

As far as rest of season. I'd be surprised if he is top 10 RB all said and done. The only players I would instantly take over him out of the other 1st rounders:

Henry, Cook, Chubb and Adams.

I own Zeke and Jacobs. I'd surprised if Zeke doesn't get "injured" and shut down. Jacobs is always nicked up. Coming to this week with another injury. He played through so far. Eventually he will miss a game or more.  Kamara's situation is concerning. 10 and 6 pts with Hill at QB.

On 11/30/2020 at 10:47 AM, Fried Pork Grind said:

This is a silly argument. You're saying in a vacuum drafting right now for the next 4 games (provided you make it to the playoffs/championship) would you take CEH over any of those guys, and using that as the basis for frustrations of CEH owners over the course of the fantasy season?

First of all, the next 4 games (in my league 1 if you didn't make the playoffs) have nothing to do with the first 11-12. Why aren't you taking into consideration the frustration of those other guys in the games that have actually happened? And I'm not just talking about Saquon here. 

Would you draft all those guys you mentioned over CEH if we are starting week 1 and you knew that:

CMC - Will miss 9+ games this season

Elliot - Dak goes down and you have Dalton at QB (Zeke is single digits in my 1pt ppr 4 of the last 5 games, or put another way 1/3 of the regular fantasy season)

Mixon - Will miss 6+ (roughly HALF the regular fantasy season) games this year

Chubb - Will miss 4 (5 if you count the game he got injured and that poor showing) games this season

Thomas - Will miss 6 (again half the regular fantasy season) games this year and has been poor in most he has played in.

Ekeler - Will miss 6 (7 if you count the game he got injured and that poor showing) games this season

CEH has contributed in EVERY game this year. Again in my full point ppr league (it does differ depending on rules) he has two games total not in double digits.

He hasn't blown up the world, but I'll take his consistent week to week points at the RB position over a couple good games mixed in with having to start waiver wire guys or RB3s for half the year. And he's still healthy and available right now.

There is nothing to be mad about drafting CEH in the first round this year, unless you won't accept anything but the #1 RB with your first round pick. In that case, statistically you're likely going to be disappointed literally every single year you play this game. 

Signed,

Guy who drafted CEH 6th in a 12 teamer and wasn't scrambling all year to fill a RB slot on my roster while holding my first round pick on the IR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

This is a silly argument. You're saying in a vacuum drafting right now for the next 4 games (provided you make it to the playoffs/championship) would you take CEH over any of those guys, and using that as the basis for frustrations of CEH owners over the course of the fantasy season?

First of all, the next 4 games (in my league 1 if you didn't make the playoffs) have nothing to do with the first 11-12. Why aren't you taking into consideration the frustration of those other guys in the games that have actually happened? And I'm not just talking about Saquon here. 

Would you draft all those guys you mentioned over CEH if we are starting week 1 and you knew that:

CMC - Will miss 9+ games this season

Elliot - Dak goes down and you have Dalton at QB (Zeke is single digits in my 1pt ppr 4 of the last 5 games, or put another way 1/3 of the regular fantasy season)

Mixon - Will miss 6+ (roughly HALF the regular fantasy season) games this year

Chubb - Will miss 4 (5 if you count the game he got injured and that poor showing) games this season

Thomas - Will miss 6 (again half the regular fantasy season) games this year and has been poor in most he has played in.

Ekeler - Will miss 6 (7 if you count the game he got injured and that poor showing) games this season

CEH has contributed in EVERY game this year. Again in my full point ppr league (it does differ depending on rules) he has two games total not in double digits.

He hasn't blown up the world, but I'll take his consistent week to week points at the RB position over a couple good games mixed in with having to start waiver wire guys or RB3s for half the year. And he's still healthy and available right now.

There is nothing to be mad about drafting CEH in the first round this year, unless you won't accept anything but the #1 RB with your first round pick. In that case, statistically you're likely going to be disappointed literally every single year you play this game. 

Signed,

Guy who drafted CEH 6th in a 12 teamer and wasn't scrambling all year to fill a RB slot on my roster while holding my first round pick on the IR.

Excellent post.

1 hour ago, tschwicht said:

Consistent? He has put up two absolute duds in the past four weeks. If those happen in fantasy playoffs, good luck winning your leagues. 

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Consistent? He has put up two absolute duds in the past four weeks. If those happen in fantasy playoffs, good luck winning your leagues. 

Agreed. His biggest problem is that he's extremely inconsistent and largely TD dependent at this point (makes sense given the limited usage).

He has pretty high upside every week because he plays on the best offense in football. But the floor is basically non-existent. 

4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Just now, MingusDew said:

Agreed. His biggest problem is that he's extremely inconsistent and largely TD dependent at this point (makes sense given the limited usage).

He has pretty high upside every week because he plays on the best offense in football. But the floor is basically non-existent. 

Double digit points in PPR in every week except last week (TB run D so a dud isn't really surprising) and the Jets which is inexcusable no doubt hah

Other than that he actually has been consistent so far this season, there's no arguing that really (not producing what drafters expected but see other 1st round busts so count ya blessings)

Moving forward is another story, week 13 is going to be big for us to evaluate if we should put him in our lineups round 1, if i see some goal line carries it'll ease my worry so fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Double digit points in PPR in every week except last week (TB run D so a dud isn't really surprising) and the Jets which is inexcusable no doubt hah

Other than that he actually has been consistent so far this season, there's no arguing that really (not producing what drafters expected but see other 1st round busts so count ya blessings)

Moving forward is another story, week 13 is going to be big for us to evaluate if we should put him in our lineups round 1, if i see some goal line carries it'll ease my worry so fingers crossed!

It's a good point. Although those double-digit performances are mostly in the 10-13 points range. There's definitely some "what have you done for me lately" syndrome, I'll admit that.

I actually think CEH is going to finish strong. Hopefully I'm right.

• Like 1