NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Consistent? He has put up two absolute duds in the past four weeks. If those happen in fantasy playoffs, good luck winning your leagues. 

How many RBs do you think have less than three games with less than double digits that have played every game this year?

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Consistent? He has put up two absolute duds in the past four weeks. If those happen in fantasy playoffs, good luck winning your leagues. 

I've unfortunately lowered expectations on him quite a bit. I've currently started treating him as an above average flex player who I'm not relying on each week, but if he shows up it's just an added bonus for my team. This week just solidified my fear of realizing the only Chiefs that you can trust for the upcoming fantasy playoffs are Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce. As CEH owners we just have to hope they leave some scraps on the plate for us to eat as well.

• Like 5
On 12/2/2020 at 2:53 AM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Denver is far more susceptible to ground attacks than air. I think we see a decent amount of CEH this week. 

The idea of a "bad" passing matchup doesn't apply to KC. If they want to pass all game they'll do so and they'll be successful doing it.

• Like 4

Well, Bell looks terrible out there. If we see it then Andy sees it.

I'm fairly confident that CEH will maintain 12-15 touches per game and I'm ok with that. 

He is not Kareem Hunt in his rookie season but I think he will be effective during the playoffs. His talent is still prime Brian westbrook level so his prospects for next year are still very high to take on more touches per game for all you dynasty guys and I'd expect Bell will be replaced with DWilli

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

What really burns me is the lack of receiving work, I figured there would be plenty of receptions for CEH but he's not getting any action through the air.

It is really surprising - especially when considering:

1. CEH is an excellent receiver

2. Kareem Hunt and Damien Williams both were used effectively in the passing game.

3. Defenses can’t afford to pay much attention to CEH coming out of the backfield with so many weapons in KC.  

Who knows.  Damian Williams exploded just in time for the 2018 playoffs.  Maybe CEH will as well.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

What really burns me is the lack of receiving work, I figured there would be plenty of receptions for CEH but he's not getting any action through the air.

Defenses are keying on it for some reason. Every time I see him run a route to the flat a defender is right there. I think KC is using that as a decoy essentially. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Defenses are keying on it for some reason. Every time I see him run a route to the flat a defender is right there. I think KC is using that as a decoy essentially. 

I think I've seen a mix where he does seem covered and other times where he seems open and Mahomes just doesn't look his way. I don't blame Mahomes - why settle for the unsexy 5-10 yarder when he has a high probability of connecting on a 15+ yarder to Hill or Kelce?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Hope so.  I’m really thin at RB this week.  I think in a COVID year if you so much as have the sniffles you don’t come to practice 

Same thing happened last week. Agreed that there's heightened caution this year.

Just now, Bluetaco88 said:

Sat out again...we officially worried about his status for Sunday?

Just slightly as Reid is optimistic he'll be available. It being the SNF game makes it a little more difficult to navigate, and I guess you also have to worry about him having an even smaller workload in a game they'll win easily with or without him.

2 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Just slightly as Reid is optimistic he'll be available. It being the SNF game makes it a little more difficult to navigate, and I guess you also have to worry about him having an even smaller workload in a game they'll win easily with or without him.

true...i have no other options with byes.. hope he goes!

i picked up darrell williams (lol) as a desperation play if CEH misses..

Edited by Bluetaco88
On 12/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, Vendetta said:

I think I've seen a mix where he does seem covered and other times where he seems open and Mahomes just doesn't look his way. I don't blame Mahomes - why settle for the unsexy 5-10 yarder when he has a high probability of connecting on a 15+ yarder to Hill or Kelce?

Yeah I've seen a lot of that too. It's the same thing as the run game...they could do it but they just don't need to anymore.

• Like 1

Hopefully he is just out and the missery to decide if starting him or not is over. Booker and Gallman are ready LOL

What a rollercoaster this season is with him. I am sure that he is good enough to be a low RB1 but this whole situation sucks.

Sundays they sling the ball 50 times and they win their matchup with this way of doing, so no adjustment necessary. Plus there is Bell...