NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dsrich said:

Yeah if I even saw anything like emergency, limited, whatever... would have benched. But we’ve seen players not practice during the week and then be fine on Sunday, so since he was active, most played him.

FF is a joke. Truly the luckiest of all fantasy sports.

Luck is a nice chunk of it but not everything. I had a note in my fantasy football notes on my phone, ‘don’t play game time decision players if you have a not far less option’ (I had obviously been burned before). I had Benny Snell who is definitely gonna play and get touches. I didn’t listen to my own advice, took that risk, and in the end it is on me. 

Edited by TennisDude

I’m never drafting a rookie in the first round of a redraft league ever again. I don’t care if Jesus Christ himself is reborn, grows up, goes to college and wins four straight Heisman trophies whilst breaking every NCAA rushing record and then goes #1 overall in the NFL Draft. Even rookie Jesus is on my DND list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

I’m never drafting a rookie in the first round of a redraft league ever again. I don’t care if Jesus Christ himself is reborn, grows up, goes to college and wins four straight Heisman trophies whilst breaking every NCAA rushing record and then goes #1 overall in the NFL Draft. Even rookie Jesus is on my DND list.

I drafted Him and I would draft someone with a huge upside like that again. But when you see its a bad decision you have to BAIL. There’s been multiple signs but the first one was bell signing. Sell while you can! The second one was where he had a good game against the raiders. Sell high! So many signals. I drafted barkley as a rookie and he helped me win the chip. Just like any player you have to follow the signals. It’s a long year.

Edited by StevenSC400
2 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Awesome post, but there are times where a first round pick can be justified on a rookie, but they have to be the physical freak/generational talent type, ap, zeke, saquon.  Ceh only had opportunity by being in reids system and his stock shot up when damien opted out

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dislimb said:

“I’m never drafting a rookie in the first round of a redraft league ever again...”

Here in the northeast we’re in the midst of outages & due to Helaire’s availability I was trying all day to access my team & get him out of my lineup, but to no avail. But all of us can identify with the misses, some perhaps more than others. Some can successfully draft just three or four RBs, but I’ve never been able to do that. I drafted Helaire in one of three leagues, but in that same league I also drafted other rookies (Jonathan Taylor, Antonio Gibson & Zack Moss) I perceived as breakout candidates. I agree with Steve’s response, some you hit, some you miss. 

Edited by markrc99
24 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

So what are we expecting this week...60-80 total yards and a chance of a TD? Crazy to think I might be benching my first round pick for the most important week of the season.

I think he'll get some run, but hard to tell. He should be back to full strength physically after a week to recover. Plus Bell and Williams looked bad last week, so he's not losing any touches for performance reasons. The big question is just whether they'll hand it off enough to get him some numbers or if they're just going to let Mahomes throw every play. Hard to answer that one. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The best RB on the best offense. If he practices fully I'm fully planning on starting him.

This is solid logic but they have been throwing so much.  Everywhere i look he is ranked as a low end rb2 or worse.   

• Like 1

Y! non-PPR projects him for 10.28 points this week - I think that's pretty reasonable against an average dun defense like MIA. Last week was obviously an anomaly. He's practicing in full - there's no reason to expect any more or less than an average performance at least - which right now is mid-RB3. 

Where MEH is concerned there is always the possibility to get a hell of a lot more than that depending on game script. I think he's a fine start this week. Le'Veon Bell utterly failed to make a case to steal any more PT than he already is.

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

This decision whether we Start/Sit is going to haunt 

I've spent more time this week deciding whether to start/sit him than all my other dilemmas this year combined.

The "8 rushes for 40 yards" possible stat line makes me really nervous. However I think he has a decent chance of getting a TD, but I just can't see a scenario of him topping 100 total yards anymore given how this offense is being run and with Bell taking some complete drives for himself. I hope I'm wrong though and CEH goes nuts on Sunday!

Edited by GoPackGo23
On 12/7/2020 at 7:37 AM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Awesome post, but there are times where a first round pick can be justified on a rookie, but they have to be the physical freak/generational talent type, ap, zeke, saquon.  Ceh only had opportunity by being in reids system and his stock shot up when damien opted out

I hear you on Barkley and Elliott. However, Peterson was going in the 4th-5th rounds of drafts in his rookie year. I’m an old guy, I remember. 🤣

Edited by Dislimb