NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

Hindsight is 20/20. CEH was always a risky 1st round pick but the potential upside was huge. Anyone saying he shouldn't have gone in the 1st round is out to lunch.

No, he's not a generational talent. But he's still an above average back that was presented with immense opportunity in the best offense in football. If you gambled on him in the 1st round you're probably disappointed (I certainly am). But other first round picks include Mixon, Sanders, Drake, and Thomas. Not to mention Saquon and CMC. Could have been worse.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 6

Not sure? I am in a ppr and can see a similar stat sheet as last week. He got me 14.4 points and only went 16 carries for 33 yards. 5 catches for 60+ yards made his output acceptable. I anticipate something similar this week. He’ll need those receptions though. Just not sure yet🤷🏻‍♂️

Crazy but I'm legit thinking about dropping him.  He's my #5 at this point and probably ~5% chance I actually start him either of the next two weeks.  Only real concern would be if he somehow blows up this week then gets used against me week 16.

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Crazy but I'm legit thinking about dropping him.  He's my #5 at this point and probably ~5% chance I actually start him either of the next two weeks.  Only real concern would be if he somehow blows up this week then gets used against me week 16.

He would be a landmine on the waiver wire, hopefully you would play against him. 

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

I'm not touching a Chiefs RB with a 10 foot pole next year. Absolutely ruined my season and it isn't even his fault, their passing offense is just too good for the run to even matter.

Agreed. I bought into the hype and drafted him with my mid-first round pick in both my leagues this year. At the time the logic was there to see why he could be an elite fantasy RB, but this offense clearly is not supportive of that to happen.

It also seems like Andy Reid does not want to support a workhorse RB role as much as he did in his past years of coaching. I also bought into the Damien Williams hype last year and drafted him in the early third round, only to get burned when the signed Shady McCoy. Same exact thing happened this year with the Bell signing...shame on me for being fooled a second time, I won't fall for it a third time next season.

1 hour ago, ILuvABGs said:

What round does he go next year?

Too early to tell, gonna depend on what the team does in the offseason with the RB position.

Now to more pressing issues, if Yahoo would let me drop him, that would be greeeeeeeat.

We've all seen the "he walked off under his own power" turn into a blown ACL.

Given the amount of help he needed off the field I was genuinely concerned about his career...patellar tendon, multiple ligaments blown, whatever.

So glad I was wrong.

I bet people are grabbing him just within the top 50 picks next year, and that's probably as early I would consider him. If it's richer than that, no thanks.