NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

Can't say I'm sorry to he see him be droppable. It will be cathartic. I started him all year but when the playoffs came I couldn't in good conscience start him - not in that matchup. Predictably that was a good decision. He's useless, as it turns out.

If he comes back during the NFL playoffs and has a great game or two I feel as if his ADP will once again be too high. I think he would have to drop to the late 4th or early 5th for me to consider drafting him again next year.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, sSektor said:

If he comes back during the NFL playoffs and has a great game or two I feel as if his ADP will once again be too high. I think he would have to drop to the late 4th or early 5th for me to consider drafting him again next year.

That seems like an overreaction, just like drafting him in the first wasn't warranted either.

12 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

That seems like an overreaction, just like drafting him in the first wasn't warranted either.

It definitely might be on my part because the sting of drafting him this year is still fresh. But I just don't see enough changing for KC next season that would make me feel truly comfortable taking him in the first 3 rounds again.

His year was a disappointment but opportunity still great in KC.  He was never going to be a bell-cow.  Reid's offense rarely work like that when they have a dynamic QB.  

That being said, if you drafted him hoping for Brian Westbrook'esqe career, you'll probably be very happy.  

I own him in a dynasty league so I'll be pulling for him again next season.  

Better real life player than fantasy player.  KC's offense looked a lot different without him on the field.  I'd feel comfortable selecting him as my RB2, probably in the 3rd round is where i'd bite.  In round 2 i'd look elsewhere, a top WR or TE.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He won't make it out of the 2nd round next year not in competitive leagues.

Lol, that's what people argued towards drafting him in the 1st round this year.  How did that work out again?  He got drafted before I got Kamara and he scored 200 points less.

52 minutes ago, kdko said:

Lol, that's what people argued towards drafting him in the 1st round this year.  How did that work out again?  He got drafted before I got Kamara and he scored 200 points less.

Congratulations on your success.

I'm just telling you that a starting RB for KC won't slip past the 2nd round in competitive leagues.

• Haha 2

Congratulations on your success.

I'm just telling you that a starting RB for KC won't slip past the 2nd round in competitive leagues.

And I welcome those that buy into him again at that price.  He'll have good weeks, but this offense isn't funneled through the run game, nor is it their the key to their red zone success.  I think it's ill advised for anyone reading these threads.  Out of 15 weeks, he only carried the ball over 15 times 5 times.  And if you raise that to 16 attempts, only 3 times.  He also only had 54 targets on the season, meaning he's the 5th (almost 6th) target option on this offense.  For what you're paying for a 2nd round pick he's not getting anywhere near the volume as other options in that range.  This team is 15-1 after just coming off a Superbowl season in which they didn't have a true fantasy RB1.  This team isn't going to change what's not broken heading into next season.  This is a pass 1st team.  In the second round i'd try to get Hill or Kelce if they're still possible there (which they wont be).  Not the 3rd piece of this offense over the 1st piece of most other teams offenses.

tl/dr:   in the 2nd round, get the 1st offensive option from a team, not the 3rd.

Edited by kdko
7 minutes ago, kdko said:

And I welcome those that buy into him again at that price.  He'll have good weeks, but this offense isn't funneled through the run game, nor is it their the key to their red zone success.  I think it's ill advised for anyone reading these threads.  Out of 15 weeks, he only carried the ball over 15 times 5 times.  And if you raise that to 16 attempts, only 3 times.  He also only had 54 targets on the season, meaning he's the 5th (almost 6th) target option on this offense.  For what you're paying for a 2nd round pick he's not getting anywhere near the volume as other options in that range.  This team is 15-1 after just coming off a Superbowl season in which they didn't have a true fantasy RB1.  This team isn't going to change what's not broken heading into next season.  This is a pass 1st team.  In the second round i'd try to get Hill or Kelce if they're still possible there.  Not the 3rd piece of this offense over the 1st piece of most other teams offenses.

I have to agree with this having owned MEH. At his best he was a RB2 this year. He was explosive at times - but volume (lack thereof) always limited him. With Mahomes in his prime for a few years I don't see that changing. As it turns out Le'Veon Bell was one of the least of his problems.

Even if Le'Veon leaves - Williams was a certified PIA all season long with his Government-Mandated-Usage on 3rd and more than 2. This is a bit of a mess I'd rather not experience again actually.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I have to agree with this having owned MEH. At his best he was a RB2 this year. He was explosive at times - but volume (lack thereof) always limited him. With Mahomes in his prime for a few years I don't see that changing. As it turns out Le'Veon Bell was one of the least of his problems.

Even if Le'Veon leaves - Williams was a certified PIA all season long with his Government-Mandated-Usage on 3rd and more than 2. This is a bit of a mess I'd rather not experience again actually.

Luckily most RBs don't peak in their rookie seasons.

35 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sure no doubt but you I imagine have to agree that with Mahomes healthy MEH is - at best - the #4 option in his own offense (Mahomes/Kelce/Hill/MEH).

This is not a typical situation. If Mahomes has some type of major injury in 2021 MEH would get more run - in a cruel irony, since his ceiling would come down in that scenario. Volume problem would likely be resolved but then you have some scout-team-hero running the offense. 

• Like 1

Be rational here.  Do you honestly think he'll ever nudge out Hill or Kelce's spot in this offense?  If not, then he's the 3rd option on this team, and that doesn't constitute a 2nd round pick.  Unless you can name another player in fantasy history that has been a 3rd option on an offense and worthy of a 2nd rounder.  Not gonna hold my breath.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, kdko said:

Be rational here.  Do you honestly think he'll ever nudge out Hill or Kelce's spot in this offense?  If not, then he's the 3rd option on this team, and that doesn't constitute a 2nd round pick.  Unless you can name another player in fantasy history that has been a 3rd option on an offense and worthy of a 2nd rounder.  Not gonna hold my breath.

Kareem Hunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Sure no doubt but you I imagine have to agree that with Mahomes healthy MEH is - at best - the #4 option in his own offense (Mahomes/Kelce/Hill/MEH).

This is not a typical situation. If Mahomes has some type of major injury in 2021 MEH would get more run - in a cruel irony, since his ceiling would come down in that scenario. Volume problem would likely be resolved but then you have some scout-team-hero running the offense. 

I tend to disagree. I think if you drafted him 1st round expectations were very high. Hoping he would immediately be Kareem Hunt but not everyone is going to have those kind of results.

The same things that made CEH appealing this past off-season will be the same things that make him more appealing this coming up year but with a year of experience under his belt (starting RB on a high power offense). I believe in CEH's talent, I believe in Andy Reid's offense and his use of previous RBs in his system.

I don't believe that Maholmes greatness nullifies CEH as a relevant fantasy RB. With a full post season and off-season to be with the team I expect CEH to take a step forward next year not a step back. If CEH burned you this year maybe you are hesitant to want to draft him next year but many players, myself included will have no problem taking CEH in the 2nd round of 2021, a nice discounted value for a starting RB on the best offense in football.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

Kareem Hunt.

So you're comparing their 2017 offense to their current offense?  Not a very good argument.  Hills and Kelce's targets have gone up considerable if you check the game logs from the last 3 years.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, kdko said:

So you're comparing their 2017 offense to their current offense?  Not a very good argument.  Hills and Kelce's targets have gone up considerable if you check the game logs from the last 3 years.

Hunt is not a bad comp really.  He's 3rd fiddle in the offense at best.

28 minutes ago, kdko said:

No, was looking at 2018, first year Mahomes was the QB:

2018, 137 targets for Hill, 150 for Kelce

2020, 135 targets for Hill, 145 for Kelce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

CEH is someone I won’t touch next year if Damien Williams comes back for KC.  

Assuming he will?  I listen to Sirius a lot for fantasy and when talking about CEH they never mention Williams.  I don't get it.  He's clearly better than CEH. 

44 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

No, was looking at 2018, first year Mahomes was the QB:

2018, 137 targets for Hill, 150 for Kelce

2020, 135 targets for Hill, 145 for Kelce.

Hunts season that he actually returned on his draft value was 2017, not 2018 😆

• Haha 1