NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

This is the way it should be, but the Chiefs RBs were not good last year. Maybe that was a combination of health and age, but there were numerous games where they were fairly ineffective running the ball in the regular season. Even so, Chiefs RB have the highest share of receiving TDs in the league out of the backfield, which could make up for less rushing yardage if the rushing trend from 2019 carries over. 

This is important to note. I'm not expecting more than a couple huge yardage games, but I'm expecting more game with at least 1 TD than not, with the hopeful assumption they don't decide to use Darrell on the some heavy formation stuff at the goalline..but seems unlikely.

20 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about what he got right.  You don't get to have it both ways.  If you want to brag about about your 'RB track record' you don't only get to use your best example and sweep all of the other calls under the rug.

Having said that, if you don't want to be trolled for years on this forum, then don't spend 6 months repeatedly trashing 1 player, and get it wrong.
It would be completely forgotten had you just said 'I think CMC sucks and won't transition to the NFL' before seeing him in action.  Everyone gets things wrong before we ever see them touch the field.  However, if you watch CMC score as a top 10 fantasy RB for almost an entire season and then in November still have the audacity to say things like:

Then, I'm sorry... that's not something you live down very easily.

It kind of reminds me of 2015 when @Joshua18 said, "I just think that [C.J.] Anderson is a special talent -- just like Arian Foster or Terrell Davis..." and repeated to everyone that if they didn't draft CJA in the first round they were an idiot.  Meanwhile I told everyone not to fall for a Denver back, because it will be the 5th time that the starting back at the beginning of the year, loses their job to the backup.  Low and behold, CJA loses his job to Ronnie Hillman, CJA plays 15 games and ends the season ranked 48th among RBs on a per game basis, averaging 9.7 PPG in full PPR.

Anyone who has been around these forums long enough, has made a complete *** of themselves on multiple occasions, myself included, I promise.  That's the nature of the game we play.

My only advice, is to never trust someone who brags about their track record.  Those people only remember their best calls and conveniently forget their worst mistakes.

I must be the only masochist on this forum; I remember very few of the calls I got right, but nearly all of the ones I got wrong.  In fantasy though, the calls you get right, usually don't alter your season too much.  It's the ones you get wrong that destroy seasons.

Good luck.

You deserve an award or a holiday for this kinda effort. 👏🏿 👏🏿 

28 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about what he got right.  You don't get to have it both ways.  If you want to brag about about your 'RB track record' you don't only get to use your best example and sweep all of the other calls under the rug.

Having said that, if you don't want to be trolled for years on this forum, then don't spend 6 months repeatedly trashing 1 player, and get it wrong.
It would be completely forgotten had you just said 'I think CMC sucks and won't transition to the NFL' before seeing him in action.  Everyone gets things wrong before we ever see them touch the field.  However, if you watch CMC score as a top 10 fantasy RB for almost an entire season and then in November still have the audacity to say things like:

It kind of reminds me of 2015 when @Joshua18 said, "I just think that [C.J.] Anderson is a special talent -- just like Arian Foster or Terrell Davis..." and repeated to everyone that if they didn't draft CJA in the first round they were an idiot.  Meanwhile I told everyone not to fall for a Denver back, because it will be the 5th time that the starting back at the beginning of the year, loses their job to the backup.  Low and behold, CJA loses his job to Ronnie Hillman, CJA plays 15 games and ends the season ranked 48th among RBs on a per game basis, averaging 9.7 PPG in full PPR.

Anyone who has been around these forums long enough, has made a complete *** of themselves on multiple occasions, myself included, I promise.  That's the nature of the game we play.

My only advice, is to never trust someone who brags about their track record.  Those people only remember their best calls and conveniently forget their worst mistakes.

I must be the only masochist on this forum; I remember very few of the calls I got right, but nearly all of the ones I got wrong.  In fantasy though, the calls you get right, usually don't alter your season too much.  It's the ones you get wrong that destroy seasons.

Good luck.

I mean I’ve stated multiple times over the time I’ve been on this forum that I’m not a fan of unproven players at the position in most cases.

I was wrong about CMC for sure. I was also wrong about DJ in his second year and a few others. However, I also avoided CJA like the plague. Along with Houston L. Miller, D. Williams, Crowell, Ajayi and a bunch of others. Fantasy football isn’t always about being right. You’ll never be 100% right. It’s about putting the odds in your favor however that may be. As you mention, be on this forum long enough and you’ll make some wrong predictions.

As for that particular CMC quote I honestly don’t see anything wrong with it. I questioned CMCs ability to handle a large workload. Also, at that point in time I played standard only so I highly doubt he was a top 10 back there. Again, 100% wrong on him but there’s that.

I believe Guice would've been great if he'd avoided the injury bug and not beat up his gf. I have a hard time trusting guys I know nothing about and I saw CEH play very very little in college but I have a hard time seeing how he'll fail if he stays healthy and gets lots of touches in that offense. I do think Reid likes some of the other backs though, in particular Darrel Williams and he's going to get a good amount of touches too.

8 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

Good luck.

Absolutely fantastic post.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I believe Guice would've been great if he'd avoided the injury bug and not beat up his gf. I have a hard time trusting guys I know nothing about and I saw CEH play very very little in college but I have a hard time seeing how he'll fail if he stays healthy and gets lots of touches in that offense. I do think Reid likes some of the other backs though, in particular Darrel Williams and he's going to get a good amount of touches too.

Don't forget last year's rookie golden boy, David Montgomery.  Many of us fell for that trap.  He looked awesome in preseason and was getting tons of praise for his tackle breaking.

Bottom line is that a rookie has risks inherent to being a rookie.  Never played an NFL game, doesn't yet know how to handle himself, etc.  Just read Montgomery's quote about how he didn't take care of his body last year, ate a bunch of junk food, etc.  You're not gonna read about that in a Rotoworld blurb, but it happens. 

I mean, do we even know if CEH can pass block at the NFL level?  They have a pretty good QB in KC....I don't think they're gonna let him get killed.  CEH is gonna have to be EXCELLENT in that area or they're going to play a vet who knows how to read blitzes better.  You guys all remember what happened with Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball.

3 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Don't forget last year's rookie golden boy, David Montgomery.  Many of us fell for that trap.  He looked awesome in preseason and was getting tons of praise for his tackle breaking.

Bottom line is that a rookie has risks inherent to being a rookie.  Never played an NFL game, doesn't yet know how to handle himself, etc.  Just read Montgomery's quote about how he didn't take care of his body last year, ate a bunch of junk food, etc.  You're not gonna read about that in a Rotoworld blurb, but it happens. 

I mean, do we even know if CEH can pass block at the NFL level?  They have a pretty good QB in KC....I don't think they're gonna let him get killed.  CEH is gonna have to be EXCELLENT in that area or they're going to play a vet who knows how to read blitzes better.  You guys all remember what happened with Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball.

It's a slight concern because he wasn't asked to do it much at LSU, but it was because he couldn't do it. They didn't need him to and in watching all of the games Burrow worked from a clean pocket often. CEH is in the perfect situation, so I have zero concern. He will do what they ask him to do. If that means protecting Mahomes, he will do it.

• Like 1
Just now, FitzMagic said:

It's a slight concern because he wasn't asked to do it much at LSU, but it was because he couldn't do it. They didn't need him to and in watching all of the games Burrow worked from a clean pocket often. CEH is in the perfect situation, so I have zero concern. He will do what they ask him to do. If that means protecting Mahomes, he will do it.

You should have a concern until you see him actually do it in an NFL game.  The KC coaches are going to talk him up.  You can't go by that.  You can say it is a small concern, but to say you have zero concern is not reasonable.  Nobody has seen him read complex NFL blitzes consistently throughout a game and be able to block an NFL linebacker. 

And if you recall, Montee Ball was a 2nd round draft pick and he didn't see the field because the Den coaches trusted Knowshon to protect Peyton, despite Montee having the draft pedigree and being the better runner.

8 minutes ago, kp96 said:

You should have a concern until you see him actually do it in an NFL game.  The KC coaches are going to talk him up.  You can't go by that.  You can say it is a small concern, but to say you have zero concern is not reasonable.  Nobody has seen him read complex NFL blitzes consistently throughout a game and be able to block an NFL linebacker. 

And if you recall, Montee Ball was a 2nd round draft pick and he didn't see the field because the Den coaches trusted Knowshon to protect Peyton, despite Montee having the draft pedigree and being the better runner.

Knowshon Moreno was a 1st round draft pick.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Knowshon Moreno was a 1st round draft pick.

Ha.  I didn't know that, good catch.  Still, if you recall that season, Montee Ball was going in the 2nd or 3rd round of fantasy drafts.  I remember this because I got Knowshon in like the 10th in my draft.  But...you got me.

• Like 1

Here's a look at every lead RB Andy Reid has had since becoming a head coach. Andy Reid has helped produce some big RB seasons. That doesn't mean CEH is guaranteed to produce, as no two situations are exactly the same. With that said, feel free to factor this history into your CEH outlook, or feel free to ignore it if you'd like...

Part I (Philly years):
image.png.e0d84f8c6616165c332dc6f7dad9d35d.png

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Part II (KC years):
image.png.e97b5f278fcf89efa6bf6809908edbc4.png

I don't know if I even care about the stats.   His only risk is being a rookie.   Compare that to Kamara (injury and contract), Cook (injury and contract)....it's really easy to pick him at the #4.

11 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

He's climbing up draft boards. And quick.

He's gone from around a 55-60 overall ADP two weeks ago... to about 35-40th overall now.

I don't know what thread you think you're in, but you're wrong.

13 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

He's climbing up draft boards. And quick.

He's gone from around a 55-60 overall ADP two weeks ago... to about 35-40th overall now.

are you in the right thread?