NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

Ah yes, the weather overreaction angle of these forums...usually we have to wait until late fall for that, but hey 2020 huh?!

Every year I feel like I say it, but weather has almost no impact on these games--except for high wind gusts, that's it. That's the post.📢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ah yes, the weather overreaction angle of these forums...usually we have to wait until late fall for that, but hey 2020 huh?!

Every year I feel like I say it, but weather has almost no impact on these games--except for high wind gusts, that's it. That's the post.📢

Almost as bad as the "Thursday night curse" but at least there are more anecdotes to go around for the thursday night bust fears lol

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Almost as bad as the "Thursday night curse" but at least there are more anecdotes to go around for the thursday night bust fears lol

this is not the usual turn around after 4 days from playing their last game ... they've had all summer to prepare. 

it is always the anomaly in that respect ... no curse on these Thursday openers, as the teams are always high caliber playoff squads from the season prior. 

it's a T.I.N.O.  

Thursday IName Only

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

I’m facing him today. How do you guys feel about his touches? I can see 12-15 touches, considering they wanted to ease him in w/o preseason and all.

Due to you facing him, I predict 25 rushes for 140 yards, 2 touchdowns, 5 receptions, 60 yards, 1 touchdown. 

Thank you for being the sacrificial goat for CEH

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Due to you facing him, I predict 25 rushes for 140 yards, 2 touchdowns, 5 receptions, 60 yards, 1 touchdown. 

I'm facing him in both my leagues, so double that prediction. 

1 hour ago, leesanity7 said:

I’m facing him today. How do you guys feel about his touches? I can see 12-15 touches, considering they wanted to ease him in w/o preseason and all.

I don't buy the "easing him in".  That's just some reporter speculating.  Reid has not said that at all.  When the lights are on and they need to win a ball game, that's thrown out the window.  They play the best players. 

Last rookie to start the season for KC was Kareem Hunt, and we saw what he did that game.

I'd expect him to get a full time starter's touches.  That doesn't mean Darrel Williams won't surprise us and they go to some sort of split.  But I'd brace for the worst.  Outside of that one reporter speculating, all signs point to a full load for CEH.  He ran exclusively with the 1's all preseason.

57 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I was also on the other side of Hunt’s explosion, so you might be right here. 

23 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I don't buy the "easing him in".  That's just some reporter speculating.  Reid has not said that at all.  When the lights are on and they need to win a ball game, that's thrown out the window.  They play the best players. 

Last rookie to start the season for KC was Kareem Hunt, and we saw what he did that game.

I'd expect him to get a full time starter's touches.  That doesn't mean Darrel Williams won't surprise us and they go to some sort of split.  But I'd brace for the worst.  Outside of that one reporter speculating, all signs point to a full load for CEH.  He ran exclusively with the 1's all preseason.

I get that, but with no preseason, I really don’t know if they’d put him out there getting mid season snaps.

19 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

I get that, but with no preseason, I really don’t know if they’d put him out there getting mid season snaps.

We'll see.  I'm expecting them to play him as much as they would in a midseason game. 

IMO, the lack of the preseason is being overblown.  What is the concern? 

You don't need a preseason to learn the playbook or be conditioned.  He has been running plays with the offense.  The only thing he might be lacking is experience against an opposing NFL team in a preseason game, but the starters only play like a few series in the preseason anyway.  They use it to see who they are going to cut.  He is getting plenty of experience going up against his own defense in practice.

So I really think that's all overblown.  If he's the best RB, they're going to play him a lot.

7 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Looking at a betting site and his over/under for scrimmage yards is at 72.5, over at 1.74 seems like a lock.

... you would think, amirite?

i won't fade it, i'll just abstain. 

on second thought, he's startin' for me in one leeg - double down and plunk the over. 

i think he hits fiddy on receiving yds alone - ride it.