Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Awful quiet in here.

 

This little stud baby takes the field again tommorow.


Nothing to really talk about, as the season progresses I have a feeling the thread will fall farther and farther because he will absolutely put up 100+ total yards a game and at least 1td (And knowing A.R. He’ll get 1+ td a game 😉). MaMa

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strikeforce316 said:


Nothing to really talk about, as the season progresses I have a feeling the thread will fall farther and farther because he will absolutely put up 100+ total yards a game and at least 1td (And knowing A.R. He’ll get 1+ td a game 😉). MaMa

 

Hmmmm, that's great production. I was told I'm the Mark Ingram thread that we should expect 100 total TDs and a TD every game. I think that's a more appropriate prediction for CEH.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to check to see if this was posted here, but it looks like it wasn’t:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29907659/kansas-city-chiefs-see-goal-line-clyde-edwards-helaire-minus

not exactly the best news for those of us who took the “it wasn’t his fault he got blown up on the goalline narrative”.

still, he’s a rookie, and he’s a smart, hard worker, he’ll figure it out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Chargers D shut down Mixon... start w caution. Low end rb 2

 

How much of that was the chargers but run stoppers and how much of that was Cincy's o-line and offense being basura that game? Like you said still a good start. Should still give you RB1 production

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

He’s a good start. Just don’t expect what he did week 1 against 2 savages in Bosa n Ingram

Bosa and Ingram might be ballers, but so are Chris Harris and Casey Hayward. 

The Chiefs feel like a pick your poison situation. Defenses will have to choose who they try to stop, and Mahomes and Reid will take what the defense gives them. Or at least they did in week one. The matchup of Kenneth Murray or "insert Chargers linebacker here" on CEH coming out of the backfield is probably a better matchup than Kelce or any of the WRs against that secondary. 

We might see CEH start catching some passes this week. RB1 with upside. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

Bosa and Ingram might be ballers, but so are Chris Harris and Casey Hayward. 

The Chiefs feel like a pick your poison situation. Defenses will have to choose who they try to stop, and Mahomes and Reid will take what the defense gives them. Or at least they did in week one. The matchup of Kenneth Murray or "insert Chargers linebacker here" on CEH coming out of the backfield is probably a better matchup than Kelce or any of the WRs against that secondary. 

We might see CEH start catching some passes this week. RB1 with upside. 

you don't say 🤭

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

He’s a good start. Just don’t expect what he did week 1 against 2 savages in Bosa n Ingram

 

Bosa & Ingram are known for their pass rushing are they not ? I'm sure they're good in run stopping as well.

But they excel in the pass rush. 

2 hours ago, aapox said:

I forgot to check to see if this was posted here, but it looks like it wasn’t:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29907659/kansas-city-chiefs-see-goal-line-clyde-edwards-helaire-minus

not exactly the best news for those of us who took the “it wasn’t his fault he got blown up on the goalline narrative”.

still, he’s a rookie, and he’s a smart, hard worker, he’ll figure it out. 

 

Some of it was on him, but there were definitely times the line of scrimmage just got blown up.

Game tape showed it. But the running back coach and offensive coordinator did have some positives things to say in that article.

 

McCullough suggested Edwards-Helaire would remain as the goal-line back in Sunday's game against the Chargers in Los Angeles, saying if he had followed his keys, "We're having a different discussion about Clyde as a goal-line running back.''

Offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said: "Clyde's got to do a better job of making [the blockers] right. He understands that. He has to be disciplined and sound with his footwork, and he saw that. I know, if anything, he's probably the most critical person of his own performance

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sSektor said:

The Chiefs offense didn't look like itself today. His passing game usage was great especially towards the end which will make Reid more comfortable using him in the 2 minute drills going forward.

Players were getting gassed, and Bosa and that Chargers pass rush is incredible

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...