NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

Just now, Dislimb said:

A quarter of the way through the season, CEH is averaging 21.25 touches per game. Over the course of a full season, that equates to 340 touches. Three. Hundred. And. Forty. Touches. On the best offense in the NFL with the best QB in the world under center. He’s on pace for 56 receptions (to go with 284 carries) despite not catching a pass in week one. Rookie RB who had no preseason games and an abbreviated training camp due to the pandemic and is still on pace for 340 touches. He’s only going to get better and more familiar with this offense as the year goes on. That can only make the rest of those 340 touches he’s on pace for even more valuable and efficient further down the road.

Did I mention that he’s on pace for 340 touches this year? Just checking.

This past week was really encouraging. They will feature him more as the year goes on and the touchdowns will undoubtedly come. Has everyone forgot about his long touchdown week 1? That won’t be the last time he rips one off like that. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

10 hours ago, griffin727 said:

The touchdowns will come, I don't understand what people are complaining about. He's on pace for 1,732 yards from scrimmage, which would have been 5th in the league last year. 

People are frustrated because he’s been a middling RB2 type and they drafted him with much bigger aspirations. 

It may only be 4 games but almost 1/3 of the fantasy season is complete and he’s yet to put a complete game together and be a week winner like we’d hoped. 

And since he’s a rookie and never shown he can do it, people are on edge. If you have him it’s very likely the long term success of that team has a lot to do with him producing some bigger weeks. 

• Like 3

[ Posts removed.  To the extent that there's going to be any debate about how the NFL should be handling COVID, that debate needs to happen over here, not in the thread for every player who is or might have been exposed.  However, that discussion needs to be confined to the impact on football, not political / ideological bickering. ]

38 minutes ago, NeverEnough- said:

What if one got a huge haul for him? Too many variables to say no no matter what

Exactly. Not even sure he’s worth a huge haul tbh. Based on what? Through 4 games he looks like a volume dependent RB2 who’s going to struggle scoring TDs. RBs that struggle around the goal line have very limited ceilings. He can catch well which helps in ppr, but a lack of ability/usage inside the 5 is a huge negative, as are the multitude of offensive weapons on KC that he’s competing with for fantasy purposes. CEH will continue to benefit from being part of a great offense, but he doesn’t seem like an incredible talent.  If someone in your league still thinks he’s going to be elite I’d sell. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

He's still a rookie, and they're not exactly force feeding him.  I have him in dynasty and would need a large haul to sell.  

And they’re probably never going to force feed him. No reason to with all those weapons. He’ll continue to be one of many weapons on a great offense, but not necessarily a great weapon himself.

If Mahomes gets hurt, CEH’s value would tank. That’s the difference between guys like him and great RBs. He’s an ancillary piece, not a centerpiece.

I just got quite the haul for him, there's definitely owners out there that will pay big and he also has a very good looking playoff schedule. Might even be able to play up the fact that hes playing the raiders this week and they have that shiny number 1 worst defense against RBs this season 

Guys too small to handle a full lose in the nfl. He's a great playmaker but so is jerick McKinnon. One was drafted in the top six and one was had on waivers. Clyde looks overdrafted based on the success the other rookie rbs have had recent seasons 

Edited by Mattmac0912
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Guys too small to handle a full lose in the nfl. He's a great playmaker but so is jerick McKinnon. One was drafted in the top six and one was had on waivers. Clyde looks overdrafted based on the success the other rookie rbs have had recent seasons 

Lol

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

He weighs more than Christian McCaffrey...

35 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

How much have you watched him play? He's seriously a bowling ball. Reminds me a little of MJD. Single tacklers rarely bring him down.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

CEH: 5’7, 207

Maurice Jones-Drew: 5’7, 210

Brian Westbrook: 5’10, 203

Lesean McCoy: 5’11, 210

Marshall Faulk: 5’10, 211

Obviously Based on this CEH will be better than those other dudes.

• Like 2

@Mattmac0912 I agree with you. Fortunately, I expected about what he's doing, to be honest. I got him in the 2nd. Still, as a late 1st, you look around and have to feel pretty good considering some of the (potentially just early season for some) land mines. I really do think there's going to be games where he's features more and some 100 yard 2 TD games.

5 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Yeah except he's not any of those guys. Mahomes runs the show

Have you watched the dude play?  I’m not trying to be too extreme but CEH averages 2.3 yards after contact, which is the same as Derrick Henry this season. And he’s on his 4th game in with no preseason.  I think he’s looked pretty good, and Reid is only working him into the passing game now. I don’t know who he is other than him, but he’s shown promise to me.  The size thing is irrelevant.

Edited by FeastMode
  • Like 1

Im happy about the touches, disappointed with his production to date, but optimistic about the rest of the season.  In a prolific offense where he is not the focus of the defense I’d have expected better efficiency and more TDs.  This could be due to the play calling, the defenses they have played against, a learning curve...we will see.  I’d like to see him punch in a goal line opportunity in the next week or two!

• Like 1

Dalvin Cook the only Player in the 1st round I wish I would’ve drafted over this dude. He’s been solid AF without scoring touchdowns, the blow up games are on the horizon. What other Rb’s would’ve been a better pick? Henry who’s team isn’t playing currently? Mixon who just had his first good week? Sanders? Drake? Chubb? Ekeler? He’s been just fine. Y’all so reactionary it kills me. 

• Like 4