Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Mattmac0912 said:

You gotta be having buyers remorse if you blew a high pick on ceh expecting a barkley type season 

I for one don't have any remorse about the pick. Everyone would love more production out of every single player. I'm very happy with the results so far and even more excited about the future. We could of drafted a bust like Drake. I rather have a good player all year than a dud. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Dalvin Cook the only Player in the 1st round I wish I would’ve drafted over this dude. He’s been solid AF without scoring touchdowns, the blow up games are on the horizon. What other Rb’s would’ve been a better pick? Henry who’s team isn’t playing currently? Mixon who just had his first good week? Sanders? Drake? Chubb? Ekeler? He’s been just fine. Y’all so reactionary it kills me. 

Thank you. The negative Nancy's are the worst

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Dalvin Cook the only Player in the 1st round I wish I would’ve drafted over this dude. He’s been solid AF without scoring touchdowns, the blow up games are on the horizon. What other Rb’s would’ve been a better pick? Henry who’s team isn’t playing currently? Mixon who just had his first good week? Sanders? Drake? Chubb? Ekeler? He’s been just fine. Y’all so reactionary it kills me. 

So you would’ve drafted CEH over A. Jones or A. Kamara?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kolp said:


He was hurt...

Yet he still played. Which made him useless.

And he was a first round pick. And it's hard to bench Alvin Kamara, as we've seen this season. He was on my DND list before the season because I was salty from last year. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Yet he still played. Which made him useless.

And he was a first round pick. And it's hard to bench Alvin Kamara, as we've seen this season. He was on my DND list before the season because I was salty from last year. 


In our 1/2 point PPR league Kamara finished as the #13 RB last year while playing hurt and missing multiple games. Statistically that puts him just outside of 1st round value. Given that he was able to put up more than decent stats/points playing injured, common sense should tell you that that a healthy Kamara should’ve gone top 5

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kolp said:


In our 1/2 point PPR league Kamara finished as the #13 RB last year while playing hurt and missing multiple games. Statistically that puts him just outside of 1st round value. Given that he was able to put up more than decent stats/points playing injured, common sense should tell you that that a healthy Kamara should’ve gone top 5

I don't play PPR. So he was useless. 

So yes, I would have taken CEH over Kamara. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kolp said:

So you would’ve drafted CEH over A. Jones or A. Kamara?

I meant relative to ADP, I guess I could’ve explained that better. I took him @ 5. Forgot about Aaron Jones as well, thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked him at 9 so I'm happy with his safe floor, and I think the boom games will come. Not really comparing the two as players but I had Zeke last year and it was about the same narrative through the first quarter of the season. He didn't win me any of those weeks, but he didn't lose me any either.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope the TD's start coming soon. It's tough to return first round value if you draft a RB that's on pace for 4 total TD's on the year. I agree that his floor has been good so far, but let's hope they start feeding him the ball inside the 10 yard line...we really only saw them try that in week 1.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kolp said:

So you would’ve drafted CEH over A. Jones or A. Kamara?

Definitely AJ, not kamara.  AJ was like the stock market last year, no way I was riding that this season.  I don’t care that he’s been great, and happy to see it, just didn’t want to deal w that.  I would have taken Kamara over Zeke but didn’t get the chance.  Idk how Zeke fell to me at 6 as I was prepared for Henry or CEH, but I gladly hit draft.  
 

So I took Zeke in the 1st and just traded Mixon for CEH, and I had Zeke last year as well.  What was said about Zeke 1st half of 2019 was exactly right, didn’t blow up but didn’t lose you any weeks either.  By the end of the season he was consistent af and balling. Everybody wanted him.  CEH seems the same this season, and hopefully CEH follows that same path.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This kind of feels like a big game for CEH and the Chiefs offense. He faced three great defenses in a row, my expectations were lowered. But with the schedule softening up, I think his best is yet to come.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people drafted him over Cook because Cook has a tendency to get injured, with the season only 4 games in lets give this some time. Still a very good chance CEH ends up being a top tier RB before the season is over. 

Did anyone really pick him over Kamara or Zek? I mean I thought I reached taking him at 5. I have not heard of anyone taking him at 3 or 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

This kind of feels like a big game for CEH and the Chiefs offense. He faced three great defenses in a row, my expectations were lowered. But with the schedule softening up, I think his best is yet to come.

 

Not only three great defenses in a row, and I know a lot of people say this and it's becoming a bit cliche, but we're just through the preseason in a way with teams getting in game action and building chemistry. 

I'm not ecstatic on my return drafting him at #6, but I'm not mad at it either. It could be MUCH worse with everything that has happened this year.

I think they haven't tapped his receiving potential yet. I was a little annoyed at the game the other night where he had like 3 for ~30 in the first quarter I believe, then they just weren't going back to him in the passing game but instead barreling him up the middle for 2. He's made some excellent catches in previous games and I think once that gets going we're going to see some of those monster games as he gets out into space.

And I think it's been pointed out here a few times but end of season the schedule looks really nice as well. Again, they have played some tough defenses and he's been getting great usage. It will come around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

A lot of people drafted him over Cook because Cook has a tendency to get injured, with the season only 4 games in lets give this some time. Still a very good chance CEH ends up being a top tier RB before the season is over. 

Did anyone really pick him over Kamara or Zek? I mean I thought I reached taking him at 5. I have not heard of anyone taking him at 3 or 4.

 

cook, kamara, zeke, cmc, henry were gone by the time i was able to make a pick but i had CEH high on the list to take around that time anyways. He's done well without TDs and heavy passing work. Happy with the pick so far. Hasn't busted once and he's a rookie. With the injuries, RRBCs, and covid cancelations he's been great

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clyde by the book ...

rushing yds:

o75.5  -150

u75.5  +110

receptions:

o3.5  -140

u3.5  +105

rec. yds:

o26.5 -120

u26.5 -110

to score TD: -200 (this is the fourth week in a row he is the favorite in the game, 'Reek next at -145).

 

most interesting prop is +1000 to have most rushing yds for week 5 ... last time they faced a weak run defense (week one) he did just that, with 138. 

for comparision sake, Zeke is favorite at +400. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly no one should be complaining. On draft day we all knew he was a pick loaded with risk. That risk was whether he'd have volume or not. Well, he's had the volume. Touchdowns are fluky - they may come and they may not. He's getting touches on the best offense in football; that's what we all wanted and we're getting it. 

Edited by JJ1223
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

High-end RB2 until further notice unfortunately. Team has too many weapons and he doesn't really need to be "featured" often. They are just as likely to run a reverse with Hill or a QB option with Mahomes in the redzone as they are to force it to CEH. The fact that they've scored 25+ the last 3 weeks and he has 0 TDs is fairly indicative. Seems just as likely he ends the year with 5-7 TDs as it does 10-12 TDs. Talented player, but not an elite fantasy option as of now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...