NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Didn’t get to watch the game. He had 8 targets but only 3 receptions. Were they drops, uncatchable balls, or what?

I’m not satisfied with the return but I’m not looking to sell either. In the last 4 games he has had 25 targets.  The Chiefs ran the ball less than normal and got upset for their first loss dating back to last season.  I think this is the low water mark for this offense this season and I’m starting with confidence, if buffalo doesn’t screw that game up with COVID.

Many uncatchable dumpoffs from Mahomes or bad looks tossed his way. Between that and the TD callback plus the goal line vultures this was the most frustrating performance ever.

1 hour ago, cheezor42 said:

Many uncatchable dumpoffs from Mahomes or bad looks tossed his way. Between that and the TD callback plus the goal line vultures this was the most frustrating performance ever.

If there is one thing Mahomes doesn't excel at, it's the dump offs.  He badly missed on a few of them yesterday.  There was one to Darryl that was comically bad.  

Hopefully this was a wake up call for the Chiefs and they re-commit to the run game. Oakland came in there and beat them up.  That game was won in the trenches.  KC will be looking at the 10 rushing attempts for 40 yards and hopefully realize they aren't going to repeat as SB Champs by finessing their way to a Title.  They are going to need to get a whole lot tougher than they were yesterday.  

I would hope to see a new attitude come week 6.  

3 minutes ago, atrium said:

Most disappointing 1st rd pick that isn’t injury related.

Yah, he's up there.  

Drake (if you consider him a 1st) and I would have included Miles Sanders but he had a nice game yesterday (and more or a 2nd round pick).  

Hard to argue at this point.  Hope it turns around.  

9 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

A stat showcasing his inability and inefficiency in the red zone, or a sign that there are brighter days and he is a good buy low target?

I still like him as a buy-low, though I thought that too before I traded for him before yesterday's game in what now looks like an overpay. You might be able to get him for a particularly reasonable price now if the owner thinks he's settled in as a mid-to-high RB2. Try to convince the owner you're basically trying to buy a name-brand Myles Gaskin or something (even if that's actually within the range of potential outcomes).

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, atrium said:

Most disappointing 1st rd pick that isn’t injury related.

Guess im not following, double digits ppr points each game

edit:  t rich to the  colts, eddie lacy 3rd or so year just off the top of my head...list can go on

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
19 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Guess im not following, double digits ppr points each game

edit:  t rich to the  colts, eddie lacy 3rd or so year just off the top of my head...list can go on

Hes just talking about this year dude

• Like 2
6 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Is reincarnation of maurice jones-drew.  Be patient TDs will come.

We'll keep saying this every week, and eventually realize it not to be true. He's on pace for 3 TDs on the year, so eventually he might score again in the next few weeks! I don't mind his floor with the yardage but I just am baffled that he's not scoring more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

We'll keep saying this every week, and eventually realize it not to be true. He's on pace for 3 TDs on the year, so eventually he might score again in the next few weeks! I don't mind his floor with the yardage but I just am baffled that he's not scoring more.

Hill isnt going to score every week. He's due for positive regression.

16 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

this right here. 

we keep moving the goal posts every week ... dunno. 

lots to love, but, let's face it fellas - Watt blew KoolAid's confidence up in relying on this kid down close on opening night... 4 straight games with no totes around the stripe is no longer a coincidence - it's by design. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Hill isnt going to score every week. He's due for positive regression.

But if youre positively regressing, doesnt that mean you go backwards?  Ive seen this term on the site quite a bit, but still dont understand completely what positive regression means

Didn't he have a TD erased by a penalty yesterday?

Patience, game 5 with no preseason is like Game 1 of a regular season.

CEH isn't losing goal line touches to another RB until that happens I'm not worried. The floor he is providing is sufficient until he finally explodes on all of us 

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Why baffled? They want the stats to go to the $500m man. Simple as that imo. Run game will never be featured with Mahomes back there. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Patience, game 5 with no preseason is like Game 1 of a regular season.

CEH isn't losing goal line touches to another RB until that happens I'm not worried. The floor he is providing is sufficient until he finally explodes on all of us 

... not losing gl touches yet 

and it was no bargain seeing effin' Darrell up in there for 2 minute and ketchup - those are spots we need Clyde to excel in to bolster the numbers due to TD deficiency.

few catches for 20-30 extra yds equal one TD in ppr. 

Raiders were the "smash" spot. 

i didn't pay for his floor, but it's keeping me afloat while he finds his legs. 

still optimistic 👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Still double digit ppr per game, what about henry and the covids “dude”

Henry missed one game, which is being classified as a bye. If someone offers me Henry for CEH, I'm taking it every day of the week including Sunday. I'll even buy him dinner first.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he got open because of an illegal block by Kelce, which was flagged.

You can't call him a bust when he's putting up RB2 numbers every week. I would be surprised if he ends the season with less than RB1 numbers. This team will start leaning on him to keep their defense off the field.

• Like 2

He’s getting big volume in a perfect offense and there’s nothing special going on.  No spectacular plays, no ability to power through defenders for those td’s.  Hill and Hardman being used as runners takes away opportunities.  Damien always made big plays because of the offense.  The chiefs probably regret spending a first round pick when most rb’s could do the same or better.  

3 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

He’s getting big volume in a perfect offense and there’s nothing special going on.  No spectacular plays, no ability to power through defenders for those td’s.  Hill and Hardman being used as runners takes away opportunities.  Damien always made big plays because of the offense.  The chiefs probably regret spending a first round pick when most rb’s could do the same or better.  

While I do agree that spending a 1st round pick in the NFL Draft on a RB that isn’t a generational talent is almost never a good idea, I disagree with that second half of your last sentence. This kid has some serious moves. He can spin, juke and get yards after contact. While he’s not a generational talent, he’s definitely not a JAG by any stretch of the imagination. He’s never going to be Marshall Faulk, but he possesses the physical tools to be a solid weapon for several years on a team like KC.

• Like 2