NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

My problem is that I don't think the lack of TDs is a fluke. Mahomes loves keeping the ball in the red zone, that's not changing. So CEH loses a lot of prime opportunities that other, more run dominant teams would feed to their RB in traditional style. Then there's the fact that they have a million mouths to feed, and the chances of CEH being the one that gets targeted go down even further. Mahomes also loves looking downfield, and doesn't seem to be a big fan of dumping it off in the flat.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, atrium said:

Henry missed one game, which is being classified as a bye. If someone offers me Henry for CEH, I'm taking it every day of the week including Sunday. I'll even buy him dinner first.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he got open because of an illegal block by Kelce, which was flagged.

Well thats the problem, they keep having lunch with each other, thats why henrys games keep getting postponed haha

30 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... not losing gl touches yet 

and it was no bargain seeing effin' Darrell up in there for 2 minute and ketchup - those are spots we need Clyde to excel in to bolster the numbers due to TD deficiency.

few catches for 20-30 extra yds equal one TD in ppr. 

Raiders were the "smash" spot. 

i didn't pay for his floor, but it's keeping me afloat while he finds his legs. 

still optimistic 👍

I hear ya good buddy.

I think it's similar to Miles sanders as a rookie last year, I think CEH is still adjusting to the speed of the game, I think he really starts to take off in the 2nd half of the season like Miles Sanders did last year. A 16 game schedule on a rookie RB can be daunting, it's not ideal that he is sharing with Darrell but for a rookie it is somewhat necessary if you want him to be fresh for a heavier workload come fantasy playoff time. I understand the draft capital invested in CEH that's why the lack of tuddies from a first rounder is concerning but I am banking on the KC offense to be really clicking by week 9 or 10 and that's when I expect CEH to really start paying dividends. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I hear ya good buddy.

I think it's similar to Miles sanders as a rookie last year, I think CEH is still adjusting to the speed of the game, I think he really starts to take off in the 2nd half of the season like Miles Sanders did last year. A 16 game schedule on a rookie RB can be daunting, it's not ideal that he is sharing with Darrell but for a rookie it is somewhat necessary if you want him to be fresh for a heavier workload come fantasy playoff time. I understand the draft capital invested in CEH that's why the lack of tuddies from a first rounder is concerning but I am banking on the KC offense to be really clicking by week 9 or 10 and that's when I expect CEH to really start paying dividends. 

yep ... long haul here, Cleats 

thankfully my understudy crew is keeping my squads winning while i wait on Clyde.

Sanders is a good comp 👍

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

The Chiefs are as aware as anyone that they only run the ball to fill in the spaces between doing what they wish they could do every down, have Mahomes chuck it.

They aren’t signing Bell.

Concur - they have a plan and it doesn't really include RB.

3 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

The Chiefs are as aware as anyone that they only run the ball to fill in the spaces between doing what they wish they could do every down, have Mahomes chuck it.

They aren’t signing Bell.

Fingers crossed...Bell is going to upset somebody's fantasy team.

i posted this over in the Bell thread:

now, it is not exactly a well respected source, and i have not seen anyone else run with this, so ... take it fwiw. 

checking the Chiefs sub at teh Redditz, Chris Jones has come out actively lobbying for the Bell signing ... overwhelming majority of fans clamoring for it, begging the GM to make it happen. 

i still think the Bison need him more, especially given the knee jerk reaction of last night's azz kicking, but ... the Chiefs are a very serious player here, folks. 

we should know by 4 today. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

now, it is not exactly a well respected source, and i have not seen anyone else run with this, so ... take it fwiw. 

checking the Chiefs sub at teh Redditz, Chris Jones has come out actively lobbying for the Bell signing ... overwhelming majority of fans clamoring for it, begging the GM to make it happen. 

i still think the Bison need him more, especially given the knee jerk reaction of last night's azz kicking, but ... the Chiefs are a very serious player here, folks. 

Man o man does this make me wanna try to deal CEH ASAP

If Bell goes to KC, CEH goes from close to top 8 RB1 value to mid to maybe even low RB2 value fast. Ugh.

Edited by next big thing cp84
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

So do we panic sell CEH while he still has value? 

if Bell does wind up there we gotta hope Clyde just blows him out the water ... remains to be seen just how much Bell still has in the tank. 

most interesting aspect the Chief faithful were citing was not displeasure with CEH, but more needing playmakers with Sammy injured again ... talk of having both L'ev and Clyde on the field, with one split out in the slot, etc. 

it's a wrinkle we aren't discussing much, but i can see it - and KoolAid loves his toys.

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Might have to regardless of Bell...

Nah I’m okay with what I’ve gotten so far. RB1 volume with a safe floor. It’s not exciting, but he isn’t losing me weeks. If bell shows up though and starts snapping that volume, goodnight. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

let me guess how these talks went

jets: “hey chiefs, Jets here, y’all want to give us a 7th for bell?”

chiefs: “....no”

Jets: “ok bye...”

1 minute ago, cheezor42 said:

let me guess how these talks went

jets: “hey chiefs, Jets here, y’all want to give us a 7th for bell and be on the hook for this dogchit contract we gave him?”

chiefs: “....no”

Jets: “ok bye...”

fixed for accuracy sake. 

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Bell makes all the sense in the world for KC

He makes no sense at all. Please back up these statements with facts going forward. The running back position does not prevent them from losing to the Raiders this past weekend. 

9 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Everyone scared Bell will sign and ruin the FF player they have. Just remember what the reactions were when Fournette signed. 

now look at what he has done! Bell will be similar 

That’s a very...optimistic way of looking at it. It’s not like Clyde has been sensational. 

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He makes no sense at all. Please back up these statements with facts going forward. The running back position does not prevent them from losing to the Raiders this past weekend. 

He's had one good game running the ball all year. Since week 1 he has YPC at or below 4.0 every single game. Even journeyman Damien Williams averaged 4.5 YPC on this team. CEH has shown to be either too small or lackluster at the goalline. They have ZERO depth at RB. If CEH gets hurt, they are rolling out Darrel Williams, Darwin Thompson, or Dwayne Washington. For a team with Super Bowl aspirations, that's gross. They signed veteran Lesean McCoy last year and flirted with 4net this year. They will only pay league minimum and can easily cut him if he causes any problems. Take off your fantasy football rose colored glasses and realize KC needs him more than you think.

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 5