NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

How are there so many CEH haters accumulating in here? 

People are in disbelief at the numbers he's putting/not putting up..

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

How are there so many CEH haters accumulating in here? 

Guy was drafted in the top half of the first round in most leagues.  In my standard league, he is the 17th overall running back, nestled right behind the Rams third string running back, and he's been fully healthy.  I don't own him myself, but no way he isn't a huge disappointment to those who burned a high draft pick on him.  It's not hate to point that out-- it's just stating facts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, tschwicht said:

I think the redzone stuff is a little overplayed. Week 1 he couldn't get in on a few tries and everyone started panicking. But after 5 games, this line is playing horribly. Knew that going into the season with a few opt outs but the tackles, even Schwartz have been playing really badly and they have no one inside. It's not really that much of a surprise and can't completely be attributed to him. Oh, and they just stopped using him in the red zone completely it seems. It's not that he's not converting, he's not getting the chances. Pat has taken a ton. The screens to WR take a ton. We just had a left tackle catch a touchdown. 

He's bouncing right off guys and making moves. He just has no room to run. They do these screens/fakes for guys like Tyreek or Hardman to get them into space, but keep jamming CEH up holes that are NEVER going to appear for any back, no matter their vision or size. This just isn't a good situation for any RB this year.

But watching the games, he's made some excellent catches and he has made a lot of people miss at the first level. I think the big/explosive plays will come if they get him out in space, which they don't seem to want to do right now for some reason. 

I've actually watched Pat make some pretty bad decisions this year. I'm as big of fan of him as anyone, but he's actually not great at dump off passes. He's routinely missed them this year and I'm not talking about "back should have caught that" misses. Like at guys feet and over their heads misses. He can drop it on a dime 75 yards away but a 6 yard pass he's actually had some struggles.

What's worse though is I've seen him look CEH's way and it's an easy 6-10 yard gain, maybe more because he'd actually be in space and have a chance to work, and he passes him up for the 20 yard play. Some hit, quite a few haven't. They need to work on that as a whole. I have faith Andy and Pat have to recognize this.

And for whatever reason, they start the game out running and it works, then CEH gets to 30-40 yards and they abandon completely. It's reminiscent of a few years ago when Andy was getting killed for calling screen after screen. It was just too obvious. With the decimated line and time to study Pat and this offense's tendencies, I think defenses are catching up. As a Chiefs fan that's tough to swallow.

CEH will be fine. He's going to break some this year. And for those talking about his size and stats, you're clearly not watching him play. Saying he's not a 3 down back is ridiculous. That's what he was drafted for. That's what he DID at LSU. 

He's not going to be RB1. But with everything that has happened this year, and the fact that you took a chance drafting a rookie RB at the very top of the draft, a low end RB1/high end RB2 is NOT a bad result.

Appreciate the depth of your post. Especially agree with your Mahomes assessment. I just want to say, I fully expect him to finish as an RB1. Was just trying to objectively talk about his negatives thus far.

To be fair, CEH hasn’t looked all that great. At times he has, but he’s had a lot of runs that have gotten stuffed. Not sure if it is him or the line, but he isn’t having the same explosion that Hunt has his rookie season.

The KC offense is too talented to keep him down. I think any back who can get 15+ touches for KC should at worst be a high end RB2. KC just hasn’t played that good. They’ve had five game’s, and two they played poorly. If it weren’t for Bell I’d say buy on him, but if Bell comes in it really lowers his value. You don’t sign a guy like Bell to hold a water bottle, he would probably join CEH in a committee and likely get the TD’s.

Got to hope Bell goes elsewhere.

I was so so so tempted to make a rookie mistake and respond in the Bell thread to someone making the "TRADE MEH NOW" argument; instead I'll properly reply in MEH's thread like a good RW citizen.

What does "Trading MEH Now" accomplish? Unless you play in a league that does not allow use of computers and other modern communication technology they're going to know why you are trying to do this. If I was a non-MEH owner receiving a trade offer right now I'd be irritated to say the least - "JUST SAYING".

I guess it's possible that Bell eats into CEH's workload significantly, but I don't really expect that if he signs. I think he would be taking Darrell Williams' role, who comes in on a lot of 3rd downs. I do think there's a good chance Bell would have goalline/short yardage duties though. 

6 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

I guess it's possible that Bell eats into CEH's workload significantly, but I don't really expect that if he signs. I think he would be taking Darrell Williams' role, who comes in on a lot of 3rd downs. I do think there's a good chance Bell would have goalline/short yardage duties though. 

Bell won’t sign there if a third down role is all they offer.   If he’s in KC...your CEH shares are certainly taking a hit. 

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Bell won’t sign there if a third down role is all they offer.   If he’s in KC...your CEH shares are certainly taking a hit. 

I would guess Bell wants to win at this point. He got his contract and had to endure a Gase led Jets team for a couple years. I can see him taking on a more limited role for a chance to win again, and he isn't what he used to be. He is a huge upgrade over Williams and Darwin Thompson though. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, aapox said:

Appreciate the depth of your post. Especially agree with your Mahomes assessment. I just want to say, I fully expect him to finish as an RB1. Was just trying to objectively talk about his negatives thus far.

Thanks. I quoted you initially, but the whole post wasn't geared towards you or your thoughts. More of an entire response to what I see in the thread. I'm hopeful on RB1 but not expecting it. I think the best of him is yet to come and he's going to be a very good back for KC. I just don't know that it's going to be this year, with this line. Still, high end RB1/low end RB2 in this crazy year I'm not going to complain.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Yikes. The hits keep coming for people who drafted him in the top half of the first round. Granted, with injuries to so many elite players it probably doesn’t feel as bad as it should. 

I'd be a lot more upset if I wasn't already 1-4 and convinced that my team is going nowhere this season. I'm not sold on CEH as some elite talents either, have they even given him a goal line carry since the week 1 debacle?

Mahomes makes a better QB than scout

Edited by atrium
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

How low are we selling him? I feel like waiting this out to see, but it not like CEH has been spectacular in any sort. If you could trade for Jonathan Taylor or Robinson now I would consider

Not sure why anyone would do that... yes I’d take it if I were you. 

This probably makes CEH a low end RB2 going forward.