Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook


thebadferret
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

Bunch of overreacting cry babies in this thread. Chill out, we haven't even seen 1 game with these two playing together. This could be a good thing for CEH. Everyone forget about the Chubb/Hunt combo we witnessed for a couple week? Chubb was just fine. 

 

Run first team, great OL, bad QB vs Pass first team, mediocre OL, Best QB. Apples and oranges comparison.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

His team sucked but still not an excuse. Even his last year in PIT he only averaged 4ypc but he was also a target monster in the passing game.

Bell just hasn’t even shown any signs of elite production at all in that time and yet there’s other RB that people would consider not as talented as Bell playing on some pretty bad teams who can still manage to produce RB1 fantasy numbers. 

PIT had an elite line but Bell has vision. Thats something you cant teach, and Mahomes has a tendency to make the others around him play better when he can force them open in the middle of the field. They didnt make this hire if they thought he wasnt going to be a big piece

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The week 6 against the Bills for CEH will define his career. He either goes out and smashes it and makes Bell a change of pace or falls flat on his face completely and becomes Rashard Penny. I own him so I'm guessing the latter.

Edited by MrPositive
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MrPositive said:

The is week 6 against the Bills for CEH will define his career. He either goes out and smashes it and makes Bell a change of pace or falls flat on his face completely and becomes Rashard Penny. I own him so I'm guessing the latter.

 

Even if he does well bell is still taking that starting job most likely 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

CEH is definitely going to have his best game of the year this week to make it really awkward and confusing the following week. 

 

I can imagine Reid planning on feeding him HEAVY this upcoming game to make him okay with the upcoming split with Bell. I agree with the Chubb/Hunt sediment going on. I think both of these guys will make this offense really hum and give us all solid flex players. Mahomes was trying to get too goofy lately anyway; an established run game is good for this offense to move quicker down the field instead of waiting for 3 and out Mahome trick plays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

Bunch of overreacting cry babies in this thread. Chill out, we haven't even seen 1 game with these two playing together. This could be a good thing for CEH. Everyone forget about the Chubb/Hunt combo we witnessed for a couple week? Chubb was just fine. 

Are we supposed to wait until week 7 to offer opinions? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BeastOfTheLeast said:

 

Even if he does well bell is still taking that starting job most likely 

I don't know about that. If CEH drops 150 total yards on the Bills and Bell comes in and does his usual 3.3ypc........regardless, I doubt it happens.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People trying to convince themselves it's going to be fine is exactly what a lot of people in the Damien Williams thread were posting last year when McCoy signed...the sad reality is it's not fine. I hate to say it but the hype train has officially come to a screeching hault...it was a fun ride boys. As someone who drafted CEH in the first round in 100% of my leagues this year, I'm going to sit back and have a cold one tonight thinking about what could have been if I drafted someone else with those first round picks. It was nice knowing all you other CEH believers...cheers! 🍻

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

PIT had an elite line but Bell has vision. Thats something you cant teach, and Mahomes has a tendency to make the others around him play better when he can force them open in the middle of the field. They didnt make this hire if they thought he wasnt going to be a big piece

But they also wouldn’t have invested in CEH early if they didn’t think he was going to be a big factor on their team, and now we already have ppl calling him a bust and It’s only been 5 weeks into his career lmao. Maybe KC simply doesn’t view him as a bellcow as he’s not really built for that, or maybe in their mind this RB duo is going to be absolutely unstoppable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

I don't know about that. If CEH drops 150 total yards on the Bills and Bell comes in and does his usual 3.3ypc........regardless, I doubt it happens.....

Yeah Bell is going to cut into CEH work regardless if he has 200 yards or 20. Bell will become a locker room issue if he isn’t getting touches. This is most likely the best case scenario for CEH owners. He gets cut or banged up lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

His team sucked but still not an excuse. Even his last year in PIT he only averaged 4ypc but he was also a target monster in the passing game.

Bell just hasn’t even shown any signs of elite production at all in that time and yet there’s other RB that people would consider not as talented as Bell playing on some pretty bad teams who can still manage to produce RB1 fantasy numbers. 

 

It's only been one season and two games though, on a team where opposing defenses could stack 8, and sometimes even 9 in the box because no one is afraid of an Adam Gase led Sam Darnold passing attack. 

No one is going to load the box against KC and Mahomes, so LeVeon will have some open running lanes to move through, and he has elite vision when he's got time to find and let a lane develop. Is he going to be a stud on KC or even become the lead dog ahead of CEH? No one can say that for sure, but it's definitely a risk and there's no way Bell doesn't make this at least a Chubb/Hunt split of carries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mikepferrara said:

But they also wouldn’t have invested in CEH early if they didn’t think he was going to be a big factor on their team, and now we already have ppl calling him a bust and It’s only been 5 weeks into his career lmao. Maybe KC simply doesn’t view him as a bellcow as he’s not really built for that, or maybe in their mind this RB duo is going to be absolutely unstoppable.

The team is 4-1. I dont think theyll have an issue with getting guys involved but this is the same thing we saw with Damien Williams and Shady. Reid knows his players better than anyone. You think Hill stops getting those jet sweeps? Or read option plays? I wouldnt feel confident starting anyone outside of Hill, Kelce, and Mahomes until we know what this offense is going to do with these guys

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, affliction said:

Yeah Bell is going to cut into CEH work regardless if he has 200 yards or 20. Bell will become a locker room issue if he isn’t getting touches. This is most likely the best case scenario for CEH owners. He gets cut or banged up lol

We shall see I guess. This is a guy that's produced almost nothing on the field for 2.5 solid years. Yes. over 3 years ago, Bell was the best in the business. But he's become a weird dude since then. People acting like he's an RB1 in the Leveon Bell thread have me raising eyebrows I didn't even know I had. He's one stupid comment away from being cut lol I'm taking the over.

Edited by MrPositive
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...