NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

thebadferret

1 minute ago, vercrazy said:

It's only been one season and two games though, on a team where opposing defenses could stack 8, and sometimes even 9 in the box because no one is afraid of an Adam Gase led Sam Darnold passing attack. 

No one is going to load the box against KC and Mahomes, so LeVeon will have some open running lanes to move through, and he has elite vision when he's got time to find and let a lane develop. Is he going to be a stud on KC or even become the lead dog ahead of CEH? No one can say that for sure, but it's definitely a risk and there's no way Bell doesn't make this at least a Chubb/Hunt split of carries.

I picture a Gordon/Ekeler 2019 type or possibly a Chubb/Hunt split. I’m sure he is still a great RB but he’s done nothing since his last season in Pittsburgh which was 2017. Maybe he’s just simply not the same player he once was. There’s multiple RB who face stacked boxes on bad term with bad QBs, but they still manage to be elite producers. Bell and David Johnson are both shells of their former self. If Bell balls out I will stand corrected. Until then I don’t imagine him coming in and lighting it up.

34 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

For me, the lesson is don't draft a 5'7, 207lb rookie RB in the first round. "Never again"

You should have taken Barkley or Michael Thomas

Hindsight is always 20/20 but you never know how the season will finish. CEH won't be phased out.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mikepferrara said:

I picture a Gordon/Ekeler 2019 type or possibly a Chubb/Hunt split. I’m sure he is still a great RB but he’s done nothing since his last season in Pittsburgh which was 2017. Maybe he’s just simply not the same player he once was. There’s multiple RB who face stacked boxes on bad term with bad QBs, but they still manage to be elite producers. Bell and David Johnson are both shells of their former self. If Bell balls out I will stand corrected. Until then I don’t imagine him coming in and lighting it up.

There isn’t enough carries in this offense to support a split like that. I suspect Bell takes third downs and goal line almost immediately. Then after 3-4 weeks he’s taking 60-75% of the carries unless CEH balls out. 

• Like 1

i think both are on the field at the same time and both will produce.  the only question is who gets the goal line chances and right now it looks to be Bell given how ineffective CEH has been so far in that area of the field.  make no mistake though Bell is going to be playing a lot of receiver too.  this signing has a lot to do with Watkins being hurt all the time too.  

6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

The team is 4-1. I dont think theyll have an issue with getting guys involved but this is the same thing we saw with Damien Williams and Shady. Reid knows his players better than anyone. You think Hill stops getting those jet sweeps? Or read option plays? I wouldnt feel confident starting anyone outside of Hill, Kelce, and Mahomes until we know what this offense is going to do with these guys

Well I don’t see Bell coming in and automatically producing elite RB1 numbers and getting majority of touches or snaps. CEH is still a top 12 option at the position until some how Bell becomes an elite bellcow putting up big numbers which I don’t see happening regardless of how much ability his fantasy owners think he still has. Time will tell 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Klientel said:

I was offered Aaron Jones for CEH after week 1.....I declined

HAHAHA KILL ME 

If it makes you feel better I had the chance to trade either Monty or Hendo after week 3 for Thielen and turned it down. No matter how much trade regret you have there’s always a moron with more.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Klientel said:

There isn’t enough carries in this offense to support a split like that. I suspect Bell takes third downs and goal line almost immediately. Then after 3-4 weeks he’s taking 60-75% of the carries unless CEH balls out. 

I honestly think it’ll be a solid 1-2 punch. CEH is very shifty and smooth between the tackles, he’s just not a built workhorse and there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s only played 5 games in the NFL I think having Bell around will only help him and motivate him to step his game up and and progresses. Maybe it gives the offense better options at play calling and keeps the defenders on their toes. It might give CEH opportunities to make bigger plays.

12 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

Well I don’t see Bell coming in and automatically producing elite RB1 numbers and getting majority of touches or snaps. CEH is still a top 12 option at the position until some how Bell becomes an elite bellcow putting up big numbers which I don’t see happening regardless of how much ability his fantasy owners think he still has. Time will tell 

CEH is not a top 12 option bruh...

I'm willing to have an open mind. I bailed out on Bell in a Dynasty after last year - owned him since his rookie year, so have seen a lot of his career. Sitting out for a year really hurt him from an explosiveness standpoint, as in - he now doesn't have any. So many factors can explain that of course: QB, line, overall threat of other weapons on the team etc. But there were many "experts" including those on this board who predicted sitting out would hurt his game. 

Since we're all in the "imaginary zone" right now as to how this will play out I do see @MasterofPuppets' (and others here since) theory as entirely reasonable: Shift the Williams duties to MEH and let Le'Veon do the banging up the middle. There is no doubt now (I think we can all agree here) that GL opportunities are strictly out. There is a possibility though Bell 's arrival could shift the scheme more toward MEH's strengths. I'm holding and waiting. 

7 minutes ago, brosephd said:

at least you guys get one more week of prodution. CEH might try to blow up to force their hand. 

He can try all he wants -- CEH has been miscast as a workhorse back and it hasn't been working out. This dude hasn't topped 64 rushing yards or 4.0 YPC in over a month on the best offense in the NFL. This week is unlikely to be a breakout but anything is possible 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

sorry boys, i feel bad for the guy in my league who named himself fresh prince of helaire, that was his only RB, told him week in and week out to trade his RB and now hes stuck with ceh and cam akers ..... ouch

end of the road, dont expect much with Bell in town

• Haha 1