NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

thebadferret

12 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

CEH is not a top 12 option bruh...

Lol except he is though my dude. Still rather own him on this offense over some of the other volatile options like JT, Melvin, Monty, DJ, Drake, any of the Rams RB etc. Everybody acting like Bell still the elite RB he was 3-4 years ago. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Edited by mikepferrara
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

sorry boys, i feel bad for the guy in my league who named himself fresh prince of helaire, that was his only RB, told him week in and week out to trade his RB and now hes stuck with ceh and cam akers ..... ouch

end of the road, dont expect much with Bell in town

• Haha 5

I've been criticizing MEH plenty in here but now of course he's going to be beaten like a pinata - that's going too far and is foolhardy imho. He is not lacking in skills or talent. Watch some of his college film. There is a place for this guy even with the Bell acquisition. 2017 was 3 years ago.

10 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I've been criticizing MEH plenty in here but now of course he's going to be beaten like a pinata - that's going too far and is foolhardy imho. He is not lacking in skills or talent. Watch some of his college film. There is a place for this guy even with the Bell acquisition. 2017 was 3 years ago.

That’s what I’m saying. I’ve seen nothing from Bell for a long while, and I realize everyone wants to blame Gase, but they went out and got 2 solid lineman in free agency and drafted the biggest lineman freak in years in Becton, and Bell did absolutely nothing in two games. I don’t see how he just suddenly becomes 23 again just because Maholmes is his QB. The KC offensive line is built for protecting the franchise not for opening up running lanes, hence why CEH struggled in the first place. Shrug whatevs

Edited by MrPositive

KC traded up to get this kid, this isn’t the same as say Bell replacing Gaskin in Miami. CEH is a big part of their future. My guess is they want to add a veteran guy who can spell him. My guess is this will be a pretty close split, but got to think Bell gets first crack at goal line work. My guess is they will both be flex plays. But I wouldn’t expect much from Bell until week 8.

My hope is CEH pops off next two weeks and then I can sell high.

44 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

I picture a Gordon/Ekeler 2019 type or possibly a Chubb/Hunt split.

Totally agree with this. Both CEH & Bell will be at minimum flex-worthy, usable as RB2 if you really need it. Neither becomes an RB1 without an injury to the other

21 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

Lol except he is though my dude. Still rather own him on this offense over some of the other volatile options like JT, Melvin, Monty, DJ, Drake, any of the Rams RB etc. Everybody acting like Bell still the elite RB he was 3-4 years ago. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Says who?? Says you, a dude who drafted him and is incredibly biased?

7 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

KC traded up to get this kid, this isn’t the same as say Bell replacing Gaskin in Miami. CEH is a big part of their future. My guess is they want to add a veteran guy who can spell him. My guess is this will be a pretty close split, but got to think Bell gets first crack at goal line work. My guess is they will both be flex plays. But I wouldn’t expect much from Bell until week 8.

My hope is CEH pops off next two weeks and then I can sell high.

Guesses and hope is all CEH owners have left.

Edited by Jetdog16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Totally agree with this. Both CEH & Bell will be at minimum flex-worthy, usable as RB2 if you really need it. Neither becomes an RB1 without an injury to the other

I'm pretty happy I drafted a flex option with my 7th overall pick, team is shaping up nicely now! 

• Haha 4

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Good thing you’re not a coach, he must see something in Bell you don’t. 

Well to be fair, Reid could see Bell for a lot of different roles actually: a goal line back, a change of pace, a starter after losing hope in CEH....Hell we have no idea at this point honestly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Well to be fair, Reid could see Bell for a lot of different roles actually: a goal line back, a change of pace, a starter after losing hope in CEH....Hell we have no idea at this point honestly. 

If he wanted a goal line back he would have signed one. Bell has been a do-it-all playmaker for most of his career and proved last year he's at least still a very good pass catcher. It's up to him to prove he's not washed up but Reid sees the potential and has done well with less. Damien Williams was not a good football player before coming to KC

At this point I don’t even care.

Not like CEH was killing it for us ...

Outside of Week 1, it’s been basically Flex numbers since then.

Not happy about it, but what can you do.

We should still get our skimpy 10 pts a week from Clyde, as were all so accustomed to. 

Edited by RunCMC

Read this from a KC Chiefs forum. They know the team better than a bunch of guys on a fantasy football forum.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=cb5e3c409b824c33b39b0a4e9ffdaf07&t=334343

To summarize, they don’t think Bell will hurt CEH’s value much. CEH was already losing snaps to Williams and Thompson, Bell will basically take their snaps. They make it very clear that this is still CEH’s backfield. He probably won’t cut into CEH’s workload much. The one place where he may lose carries is at the goal line, but he wasn’t scoring from there anyways.

I trust what they say. They are very high on CEH. You don’t draft a guy in the first round to throws the towel in on him after a few games. Most of them even say CEH is much better than Bell at pretty much everything. 

After reading their forum, I feel better. My guess is CEH’s workload is similar. He may lose out on some goal line scores to Bell, but he should still be a RB2. I’d be more frustrated as a Bell owner. You likely can’t start him until week 8 at the earliest. Even then, he likely takes over the Williams and Thompson roles. If I’m a bell owner, I think I’d prefer him as a workhorse on the Jets than second fiddle to CEH.

Edited by LionKid90

4 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

If he wanted a goal line back he would have signed one. Bell has been a do-it-all playmaker for most of his career and proved last year he's at least still a very good pass catcher. It's up to him to prove he's not washed up but Reid sees the potential and has done well with less. Damien Williams was not a good football player before coming to KC

All I know is Bell said he was going to destroy the league while flexing in a video before the season. Then he went out there against Buffalo had a few terrible carries and went straight to the IR by halftime. I want to see it first. Haha

Edited by MrPositive
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrPositive said:

All I know is Bell said he was going to destroy the league while flexing in a video before the season. Then he went out there against Buffalo had a few carries and went straight to the IR. I want to see it first. Haha

Dude is definitely bit of a knuckle head but plenty of those in the NFL and I'm not the smartest bulb of the bunch either.  Andy Reid is the 2nd best coach in the NFL and his scouting ability is much better than the average rotoworlder's. Again, up to Bell to prove he's still got it. 

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Read this from a KC Chiefs forum. They know the team better than a bunch of guys on a fantasy football forum.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=cb5e3c409b824c33b39b0a4e9ffdaf07&t=334343

To summarize, they don’t think Bell will hurt CEH’s value much. CEH was already losing snaps to Williams and Thompson, Bell will basically take their snaps. They make it very clear that this is still CEH’s backfield. He probably won’t fit into CEH’s workload much. The one place where he may lose carries is at the goal line, but he wasn’t scoring from there anyways.

I trust what they say. They are very high on CEH. You don’t draft a guy in the first round to throws the towel in on him after a few games. Most of them even say CEH is much better than Bell at pretty much everything. 

After reading their forum, I feel better. My guess is CEH’s workload is similar. He may lose out on some goal line scores to Bell, but he should still be a RB2. I’d be more frustrated as a Bell owner. You likely can’t start him until week 8 at the earliest. Even then, he likely takes over the Williams and Thompson roles. If I’m a bell owner, I think I’d prefer him as a workhorse on the Jets than second fiddle to CEH.

So if I make a chiefs forum do I know a lot as well? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

Dude is definitely bit of a knuckle head but plenty of those in the NFL and I'm not the smartest bulb of the bunch either.  Andy Reid is the 2nd best coach in the NFL and his scouting ability is much better than the average rotoworlder's. Again, up to Bell to prove he's still got it. 

Bell will get his chance to prove it. 

About 30-40% of the snaps 👍

1 minute ago, cookiemonster said:

Bell will get his chance to prove it. 

About 30-40% of the snaps 👍

CEH was already losing about 30-40% of snaps to Williams and Thompson. Bell is taking their workload, not CEH’s. 

Let’s not overhype Bell, the guy has been nothing more than a name for a few years now. It’s funny because people are complaining about CEH’s lack of production but ignore the fact that lack of production has explained Bell’s career for the last few years. Bell is also an older RB, it’s a young mans position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

CEH was already losing about 30-40% of snaps to Williams and Thompson. Bell is taking their workload, not CEH’s. 

Let’s not overhype Bell, the guy has been nothing more than a name for a few years now. It’s funny because people are complaining about CEH’s lack of production but ignore the fact that lack of production has explained Bell’s career for the last few years. Bell is also an older RB, it’s a young mans position.

Yeah.

That's what I was implying.