NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

thebadferret

2 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

What are you doing here then??? Very questionable choice of use of time, since this forum gives little insight compared to the venerable fanbois fora🤔

I like this forum, and there is good insight. But it’s smart to use other forums as tools. There is more to football than just fantasy. I trust KC fans as much if it more than CEH owners.

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

It’s all speculation by now. But logic tells me that a team who trades up for a first round pick isn’t going to give up on him. Also remember that Bell is here on a one year contract. They are way more tied to CEH than Bell.

Being tied to a player long term is better for the long term - not short term. Bell is guaranteed going to get the goal line looks. CEH will ride the bench and likely will be droppable in the near future. We have him this weekend and then it's probably RB3 territory.

The Chiefs did not need Bell. I truly hope they lose first playoff game and the defense continues to get trounced. Pointless signing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Being tied to a player long term is better for the long term - not short term. Bell is guaranteed going to get the goal line looks. CEH will ride the bench and likely will be droppable in the near future. We have him this weekend and then it's probably RB3 territory.

The Chiefs did not need Bell. I truly hope they lose first playoff game and the defense continues to get trounced. Pointless signing.

Lol okay. Permission to bump your post in week 10?

Just to put you on the record, you are saying CEH will be droppable and will be a RB3?

Just now, LionKid90 said:

Lol okay. Permission to bump your post in week 10?

Just to put you on the record, you are saying CEH will be droppable and will be a RB3?

Yes, that is what I believe. Even as a CEH owner, take a look at the backfield last year. Nobody was startable. I'm not saying Bell will have value, either. I am saying that nobody in this backfield will have value. You can put me on record, but give me an out if Bell gets injured and CEH just goes back to the lone back. 

I think CEH is a good looking back with all the tools. But it's the Mahomes show, another back in the mix, and he already wasn't getting goal-line duties. He had some semblance of volume prior to this signing, now it is a huge question mark. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Everyone assumes Bell is automatically GL back. 

He just left a team where they used a smaller, older guy as the GL back. 

CEH excelled at GL duties at LSU and was hardly given a fair shake to this point. It was all from the 5 attempts in week 1 when everyone knew the run was coming and Reid didn’t care because burning clock was just as good as a TD. 

1 minute ago, SpartanEric said:

Everyone assumes Bell is automatically GL back. 

CEH excelled at GL duties at LSU and was hardly given a fair shake to this point. It was all from the 5 attempts in week 1 when everyone knew the run was coming and Reid didn’t care because burning clock was just as good as a TD. 

So glad someone brought this up. Everyone talks about how ineffective CEH has been from the goal line. How many carries inside the five yard ljne has he had since week 1? Most of his goal line carries were week 1 when they were running clock and everyone knew they were going to run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

It's Gase, brah. Anything that Bell did on the Jets is easy to discredit. 

I'm a CEH believer. I'm just seeing the writing on the wall. We've seen multiple games where the Chiefs have been in the 5 and he didn't even get a look. So many gadget forward flips to Hardman and Hill and tosses to Kelce. It's disheartening. I really, really hope I'm proven wrong but come week 8-9, are you really going to be confident starting CEH with Bell taking every other drive?

• Thanks 1

My best advice for CEH is to hold. His value is at its lowest. He hasn’t played well, and perception is that Bell is going to share carries or take his job. My guess is you’d be lucky to get a middling RB2 like David Montgomery now. 

CEH will have the backfield to himself this week, and should at least have most of it for the following week. If Bell is active for week 7 and CEH does well, you can sell there. It will take a few weeks for Bell to get acclimated to the offense. If I’m a Bell owner, I probably can’t trust him until week 8 at the earliest, but could be much later than that.

On the other side, if I’m a Bell owner you may be able to sell high. People are just going to assume Bell plus KC equals RB1. If you can swing Bell for a RB2 or a WR2 you do it without question. There is only about 8 weeks left in the fantasy season. Bell still has his bye, can’t play this week, and will be very iffy for week 7. You basically have a guy who will only get about 4 or 5 weeks of full regular season fantasy run. He could be money in the playoffs, I’m not doubting that. But the guy is going to be on your bench a lot.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 1

This thread Is by far the most entertaining and funniest thread on this forum lol the people that Spent a pick on swear he’s Barry Sanders and standing by that pick .... then on the other side the ya have people who talk like he’s Kalen Ballage Or Paul Perkins 😂😂 

Edited by jharv2k1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

You've already made up your mind that Bell will be limited to 30-40 percent of the snaps and have tried to convey strong confidence regarding that. Nobody has any idea how the work load gets split up. There's your bias and it's a dead give away that you're feeling emotional about CEH who was your 1st or 2nd round pick. 

You're right, I have made up my mind. Based on the rational thought that I just typed out for you, which you have refused to acknowledge.

Clearly you have made up yours. Based on what? A one year contract paid for by the Jets? The Chiefs are taking a flier on a guy that hasn't played like an elite running back in years. They just invested a first round pick on a running back that they believe will be their guy for years, and he's playing quite well actually (yards after contact, yards from scrimmage, broken tackle %) Are they protecting their investment by bringing in a guy to spell him? Are they concerned about their depth because of the number of injuries around the league and players missing games due to covid? Or are they giving Bell all of the work after his impressive resume over the past few years?

I have made up my mind. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not emotional. I simply haven't heard any compelling thoughts as to why Bell is the new number 1 in KC other than "cuz CEH isn't playing like a top 5 fantasy pick and they signed Bell and he used to be good once"

I hope that your fantasy season goes well for you whether you believe CEH is done or not. Sell him for peanuts. Avoid him altogether. I don't care. I just don't see any reason to panic. I guess in a few weeks we'll know. Until then I'm going to roll the dice and try to buy low where I can. Best of luck, everyone. 

2 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

You're right, I have made up my mind. Based on the rational thought that I just typed out for you, which you have refused to acknowledge.

Clearly you have made up yours. Based on what? A one year contract paid for by the Jets? The Chiefs are taking a flier on a guy that hasn't played like an elite running back in years. They just invested a first round pick on a running back that they believe will be their guy for years, and he's playing quite well actually (yards after contact, yards from scrimmage, broken tackle %) Are they protecting their investment by bringing in a guy to spell him? Are they concerned about their depth because of the number of injuries around the league and players missing games due to covid? Or are they giving Bell all of the work after his impressive resume over the past few years?

I have made up my mind. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not emotional. I simply haven't heard any compelling thoughts as to why Bell is the new number 1 in KC other than "cuz CEH isn't playing like a top 5 fantasy pick and they signed Bell and he used to be good once"

I hope that your fantasy season goes well for you whether you believe CEH is done or not. Sell him for peanuts. Avoid him altogether. I don't care. I just don't see any reason to panic. I guess in a few weeks we'll know. Until then I'm going to roll the dice and try to buy low where I can. Best of luck, everyone. 

This guy gets it.

Im a CEH owner and of course I’m disappointed with the Bell news. But it’s not as doom and gloom as people are making it out to be. Remember when everyone thought Hyde would cut into Carson’s work? Bell is nothing more than name recognition. He’s a good back, but Andy Reid has been around long enough, he isn’t going to just bring in some vet who was successful five years ago to overtake his prized first round pick. 

I don’t know why people can’t comprehend that CEH was already losing carries to the other backs. Bell is likely taking their workload.

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2020 at 2:57 PM, PisEdiRin said:

CEH is a no-brainer pick over Cook and Henry.

Drafting Cook and Henry over CEH is just silly.

On 8/31/2020 at 4:10 PM, PisEdiRin said:

In a full PPR league - Drafting Derrick Henry over CEH is pure silliness.

#agedlikemilk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

You're wrong. I haven't made up my mind or made any declarative statements regarding usage or the future, unlike you. You just keep arguing with me trying to "get" me. All I've said is that neither of us know the future and that I believe you to be seriously biased due to your investment in CEH. You're protesting a lot and not doing much to change my mind on that. 

• Like 1

As a CEH owner i can appreciate the optimism but there is NO WAY that this helps CEH. Now Bell could flop, or get hurt, or get into trouble and get kicked off but until then you just witnessed CEH's ceiling drop dramatically. We have to hope for CEH to outplay bell, who specializes in pass catching, on an offense with andy reid and mahomes. So far in 0.5ppr CEH scored:

in the first five weeks. Now you add Bell on top of mahones, kelce, hill and think this wont drop him to RB3/flex range? This doesn't look like Chubb and Hunt or Kamara/Ingram. Now mahones can just pass even more in the redzone which was an issue for CEH in the first place as he wasn't get good GL usage. Gotta hold and hope Bell flops, gets hurt, or gets released by the chiefs. It doesn't look good right now

Just now, Guwop said:

As a CEH owner i can appreciate the optimism but there is NO WAY that this helps CEH. Now Bell could flop, or get hurt, or get into trouble and get kicked off but until then you just witnessed CEH's ceiling drop dramatically. We have to hope for CEH to outplay bell, who specializes in pass catching, on an offense with andy reid and mahomes. So far in 0.5ppr CEH scored:

in the first five weeks. Now you add Bell on top of mahones, kelce, hill and think this wont drop him to RB3/flex range? This doesn't look like Chubb and Hunt or Kamara/Ingram. Now mahones can just pass even more in the redzone which was an issue for CEH in the first place as he wasn't get good GL usage. Gotta hold and hope Bell flops, gets hurt, or gets released by the chiefs. It doesn't look good right now

He faced some really tough defenses in that stretch. Bell won’t help him, but I think with an easier schedule, we could see him put up similar numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

You're wrong. I haven't made up my mind or made any declarative statements regarding usage or the future, unlike you. You just keep arguing with me trying to "get" me. All I've said is that neither of us know the future and that I believe you to be seriously biased due to your investment in CEH. You're protesting a lot and not doing much to change my mind on that. 

Change your mind? 

But you haven't made up your mind? How can I change it? 

I'm not trying to "get" a guy who doesn't have an opinion, and your lack of opinion certainly isn't going to change mine. 

I can agree with you that neither of us, nor anyone else, can know the future. You "got" me there. 

We've seen this before. Just last season actually. CEH is more talented then Williams but Bell is also more talented then Mccoy was at the point in his career that he came to KC. Bell has been bad for the Jets but its the Jets hes going to look way better in this offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoVols98 said:

Bunch of overreacting cry babies in this thread. Chill out, we haven't even seen 1 game with these two playing together. This could be a good thing for CEH. Everyone forget about the Chubb/Hunt combo we witnessed for a couple week? Chubb was just fine. 

Thats a running team

Bell isnt coming in to ride the bench.  The Chiefs have no doubt made playing time assurances to him.  This is going to be a souped up version of Williams and mccoy from last year.  Still useful, but nowhere near 1st round pick value.

Edited by ccimore
  • Like 2