NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

thebadferret

4 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

Change your mind? 

But you haven't made up your mind? How can I change it? 

I'm not trying to "get" a guy who doesn't have an opinion, and your lack of opinion certainly isn't going to change mine. 

I can agree with you that neither of us, nor anyone else, can know the future. You "got" me there. 

I stated my opinion dude. It's that Andy Reid likes what he sees in Bell. These are all terrible signs for CEH's fantasy outlook. What I'm not going to do, is pretend to be confident like you and assert that I know what the Chiefs will do with their usage. That's really naive and biased. Anything can happen. My money is on Bell damaging CEH's fantasy value considerably.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, buzzkilloton said:

We've seen this before. Just last season actually. CEH is more talented then Williams but Bell is also more talented then Mccoy was at the point in his career that he came to KC. Bell has been bad for the Jets but its the Jets hes going to look way better in this offense.

"bell has been bad for the Jets"

I think it's the opposite.. I think the Jets have been bad for Bell actually.......

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I don’t know why people can’t comprehend that CEH was already losing carries to the other backs. Bell is likely taking their workload.

The problem here is that at the very least Bell is taking the snaps from the other backs AND goal line packages. I know that CEH wasn't scoring much to begin with, but the scoring upside is now completely gone...unless he gets lucky and breaks some 20+ yard TDs.

Edited by GoPackGo23

7 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

"bell has been bad for the Jets"

I think it's the opposite.. I think the Jets have been bad for Bell actually.......

Yeah thats a fair way to say it. Bell was in the top tier of RBs and elite pre Jets. Nobody is going to be good playing on that team. That said Bell is older now so he has clearly lost a step. Hes still a better RB at this point then Mccoy was when he joined KC last season. 

As a CEH owner I'm not moving him or anything as I just dont expect to get much. I do expect this to kill his value though. I'm not going to be surprised to see Bell have a mini comeback as he has alot to prove right now. Bell at one time was like a WR out of the backfield hes a great fit in KC.

Edited by buzzkilloton

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

I stated my opinion dude. It's that Andy Reid likes what he sees in Bell. These are all terrible signs for CEH's fantasy outlook. What I'm not going to do, is pretend to be confident like you and assert that I know what the Chiefs will do with their usage. That's really naive and biased. Anything can happen. My money is on Bell damaging CEH's fantasy value considerably.

Your opinion is that Andy Reid likes what he sees in Bell. 

My opinion is that Andy Reid likes what he sees in CEH. 

Your opinion is that Bell damages CEH's value "considerably". 

My opinion is that Bell does not damage CEH's value "considerably". 

Your outlook is that the sky is falling. 

My outlook is that it's not. 

We'll see how it goes. Best of luck. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

The problem here is that at the very least Bell is taking the snaps from the other backs AND goal line packages. I know that CEH wasn't scoring much to begin with, but the scoring upside is now completely gone...unless he gets lucky and breaks some 20+ yards TDs.

Agreed. The upside and hope of him being a RB1 is likely all but fine. However, the idea that he becomes a flex play seems like a reach. He likely keeps a similar workload but loses some carries near the goal line. Teams don’t really use a goal line back like they used to. They interchange. People are acting like CEH won’t ever see a carry inside the five yard line again.

CEH likely stays in the 10-15 pts per game range. But yea, we can let go of the hope of him being a RB1.

Edited by LionKid90

11 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

He faced some really tough defenses in that stretch. Bell won’t help him, but I think with an easier schedule, we could see him put up similar numbers.

could but much less likely unless bell truly flops. At least without bell CEH would get the opportunity. They were already not giving him a fair shot in the redzone due to poor ol play at the goalline and JJ watt being JJ watt. IF they are unreasonable with RZ chances it's hard to see them stick with him elsewhere after paying for a player they didn't need. I don't believe Bell will be like he was with the steelers but his presence and the fact that after a few weeks Reid will try to get him involved is not ideal. Without him CEH had a better opportunity to turn it around. I think a lot of the "doom and gloom" is disappointment as one of the few RBs that was healthy, gave you low end RB1 numbers and was not involved in an rbbc, is now in a timeshare. I'm rolling him out regardless because gaskin is my 2nd best RB but the outlook is bad. Here's hoping to bell being washed and flopping like fournette has so far

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Says who?? Says you, a dude who drafted him and is incredibly biased?

Guesses and hope is all CEH owners have left.

Says his production thus far. He’s literally at RB12 right now in PPR. Ahead of Henry(bye), Conner(bye), JT, Sanders, Monty, Drake, Gordon, DJ etc. That’s not bias, that’s a fact, playa.

My prediction(which means absolutely nothing) going forward is....

KC goes slightly more run heavy now and Bell and CEH split touches almost 50/50. That means 12-15 touches out of the backfield per RB, but 100% GL goes to Bell. The major difference is Bell will also spend a lot of time in the slot while CEH is on the field.

Bell - mid RB1

CEH - low RB2

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOL Rotoworld's comments on Bell's transaction sh*tting all over CEH! Tell me what you really think, guy? Pretty harsh and unfair assessment of CEH.  Alot of owners gonna freak when they open those yahoo notes. lol  

Edited by mikeflavaz

Everybody acting like Bell is the same elite RB he was 3-4 years ago. Not saying he  doesn’t have the talent still  but there’s a chance he’s just simply not at the level he once was. Garbage team or not, he hasn’t showed any signs of elite production since he’s played there. Time will tell if this dude still has it from all those years ago. I know David Johnson doesn’t, but Bell gets a pass playing on the Jets... It’ll be interesting to watch either way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

Your opinion is that Andy Reid likes what he sees in Bell. 

My opinion is that Andy Reid likes what he sees in CEH. 

Your opinion is that Bell damages CEH's value "considerably". 

My opinion is that Bell does not damage CEH's value "considerably". 

Your outlook is that the sky is falling. 

My outlook is that it's not. 

We'll see how it goes. Best of luck. 

Again, no. You're making assertive positions on their usage. With percentages and everything. It's really cute that you would think you could know that. 

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Through week 5 he's 12th in PPR. 

That's top 12.

7th in carries. 4th in RB targets. On one of, if not THE best, offenses in the league.

You can't expect people to believe your idea of reality when mathematical fact easily prove it to be wrong.

I was referring to standard leagues not PPR

4 minutes ago, alexander1231 said:

Best case scenario this becomes a Chubb/Hunt situation.

Hope Clyde shows up this Monday

I think it will look something similar, but where Chubb is a RB1 and Hung is a RB2, I think it will be more like CEH as RB2 and Bell as a flex. 

We need to try to cash in on CEH, he will have the workload to himself on Monday, and I would expect he will get most of it the following week. Kind of sets up perfectly for Bell to make his big splash week 8 against the Jets.