NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

thebadferret

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

Agreed. The upside and hope of him being a RB1 is likely all but fine. However, the idea that he becomes a flex play seems like a reach. He likely keeps a similar workload but loses some carries near the goal line. Teams don’t really use a goal line back like they used to. They interchange. People are acting like CEH won’t ever see a carry inside the five yard line again.

CEH likely stays in the 10-15 pts per game range. But yea, we can let go of the hope of him being a RB1.

Bell is not a "goal-line back". You're not bringing in Bell because you need help in short yardage situations. Bell is an elite talent who is a certified three down back. Sure, Bell might get goal-line. Bell could also get early downs, passing downs and everything in-between lol.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I love the way everyone knows exactly how each back will be used.  It will take weeks for this to play out to where we can estimate usage (if we are lucky).  CEH is only getting ~60% of the snaps today anyway.   

fwiw anyone that has watched Chiefs games knows that the lack of rushing TDs is mostly on the O-line.  That doesn’t mean CEH won’t lose some goal line work but it also doesn’t mean holes will magically open up because Bell is here.  

if you want to sell, I’d at least wait and hope Reid comes out with some coach-speak and says CEH is still our guy, then hope he scores on Monday.

glta

Edited by BigBlueMachine
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, BigBlueMachine said:

I love the way everyone knows exactly how each back will be used.  It will take weeks for this to play out to where we can estimate usage (if we are lucky).  CEH is only getting ~60% of the snaps today anyway.   

fwiw anyone that has watched Chiefs games knows that the lack of rushing TDs is mostly on the O-line.  That doesn’t mean CEH will lose some goal line work but it also doesn’t mean holes will magically open up because Bell is here.  

if you want to sell, I’d at least wait and hope Reid comes out with some coach-speak and says CEH is still our guy, then hope he scores on Monday.

glta

I feel like no one else has brought up Osemele being out for the year who seemed to be their best run blocker this season. With the injuries and opt outs the line isn’t as good as it was last year.

• Like 3

Just now, whatisfootball said:

I feel like no one else has brought up Osemele being out for the year who seemed to be their best run blocker this season. With the injuries and opt outs the line isn’t as good as it was last year.

great point.  Plus I think their stat line would look a lot worse if Mahomes didn’t Houdini his way out of so many sacks.

15 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Nah Carlos Hyde runs with power. He’s Christine Michael. 

Michael never once had more than 22 receptions in an entire season. Helaire has 18 in 5 games. You guys are so ridiculous. I know you are ecstatic Bell owners, but going this absurd is just crying wolf. 

15 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Michael never once had more than 22 receptions in an entire season. Helaire has 18 in 5 games. You guys are so ridiculous. I know you are ecstatic Bell owners, but going this absurd is just crying wolf. 

Don’t own either but k

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Bell is not a "goal-line back". You're not bringing in Bell because you need help in short yardage situations. Bell is an elite talent who is a certified three down back. Sure, Bell might get goal-line. Bell could also get early downs, passing downs and everything in-between lol.

PREACH

48 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Hines is averaging 3.2ypc, 

Helaire is 4.2ypc. Guess who else is 3.2ypc in 2020? You guessed it! Le’Veon Bell.

Don't ever disrespect Lev the Juice Man like that. Make no mistake, this is his backfield. The All-Pro RB will have the one-game wonder CEH carrying his Kool Aid jug for him on the sidelines

• Haha 1

Where this is really likely to hurt CEH is in the passing game.  Bell is one of the best pass-catching backs ever (still probably decent at it; he caught 66 balls last year) and nobody loves RBs in the passing game like Andy Reid.  CEH had caught 3.4 passes per game so far this season.  Let's crank that down to 1.5 per game now that Bell's on site.  (Be generous and make it 2.)  Take away 25% of CEH's carries and you have a guy getting 12 carries and 2 catches a game without goal line work.  Give him a TD every third game and that's going to be, what, about 11 PPG in PPR?  That's probably where I'd project him in games when Bell's active if I had to make the call right now.  A useful player but not a must-start type of guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There is no way they make this move and outbid Miami if they don't see a problem with the RB situation. Bell is bigger and has great hands, so will be a 3 down back and handle GL work. I have neither players but just observing the situation this seems a classic AR move to frak up FF. :P 

Best wishes to CEH owners but Bell is going to get plenty of touches.