NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, aapox said:

lol @ this (The stone cold comment, not your content). I guess there’s a non-zero chance Bell spoils the milk in KC but I just can’t see that happening. I know he’s had his ups and downs and diva type nature but one I think he’s agree was misguided (steelers holdout) and the other was honestly understandable. 

Theres nothing misguided about wanting to be paid what you’re worth. The Steelers offer to Bell was meaningless since there was little guaranteed money & even if healthy he wouldn’t have seen the back end of it before being cut as a cap casualty. From an organizational standpoint it’s wise not to pay a premium for running backs, doesn’t mean they have to go along with it.

Back to the matter at hand. The biggest difference between CEH and Bell is pass pro. The Chiefs simple don’t trust CEH to do it, where Bell is one of the best at it. The reason CEH doesn’t get those fantasy friendly dump-off  receptions is he never hangs back to block - he’s either taking a handoff or running a route.  It also limits Mahomes ability to check out of a run play into a pass. 

I think CEH will still have a huge roll within the offense overall, but will likely cede high leverage situations - 3rd down, hurry up, & a good bit of goal line - to Bell once he’s established in a few weeks.

Edited by PrestigeWW
Typo
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Leveon Bell is essentially Drake on the dolphins and MEH is Kalen Ballage.🤣😂🤣

Drake on the Cardinals is a good comp for CEH to me. I image Bell as Edmonds with more TDs and a few more targets a game.

47 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Statement game from CEH incoming.

Maybe, but he’ll have to do it with the same type of workload and role he has had - I don’t see the Chiefs going out of their way to create a CEH statement game - there is no incentive to do so.  I expect his usual very good but not great stats. 

4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I'll take the glass half full approach and say at least Bell isn't taking the job.

Says who? Jay glazer? Lol. Nobody knows anything yet. If bell goes back to bell from 2017 he will absolutely take the job no questions asked. 

Edited by StevenSC400

CEH has skill all over the field. He’s younger, more agile, prob a better burst... bell isn’t taking anything except a few touches... goal line touches the ones CEH doesn’t get anyways lol

Edited by Zekepeak86
On 10/16/2020 at 1:09 PM, Proteus said:

Healthy competition and the need for Bell to become familiar w the offense dictates that MEH will up his adrenaline and testicular fortitude enough to have at least as good a game as he had in week 1.

It’s going to be glorious for us MEH owners.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, sSektor said:

There's a very, very high chance this ends up being a Rojo/Fournette situation, as in Rojo having a stranglehold on the bulk of carries while Lenny never gets up to speed.

Fournette got hurt.

• Like 1

So....how did Bell look this year, purely from the perspective of his physical ability and running (i.e. I'm sure he looked like a** in that crap offense).  Did he look like he was the Bell of old, just not getting any room to run?  Or did he look sluggish and slow?