NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joe Burrow 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

He did look really good on the last drive, wish they gave him one more chance to win the game, they had time for one last play. 

Absolutely...I was thinking the same thing. The clock wouldn’t have run out and they could have had the FG if they didn’t score 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I say that as a dyed-in-the-wool LSU fan who thinks a statue of Burrow should be built outside of Tiger Stadium and who thinks No9 should be retired at LSU. Lol. In fact, the wallpaper on both my

The guy with 3 rings in the past 5 years laughs at this and burrow is plenty mobile

People don’t even give his rushing ability any credit. Had a friend tell me Tua was the far superior scrambler and runner over Burrow which is just false. Burrow moves in the pocket better than Tua. B

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Absolutely...I was thinking the same thing. The clock wouldn’t have run out and they could have had the FG if they didn’t score 

I agree completely, but I think calling him a QB1 ROS is a bit premature. I didn't get to watch the game Sunday, but I am thoroughly excited to watch him play the Browns Thurday. 

Burrow will be limited all year by having Bobby Hart as his right tackle. Bengals cant run the ball, so they have to throw quick passes to john ross who has stone hands. He’ll finish qb 20 or less.

kid has talent, but other than green and boyd, there’s not much around him on offense

1st Half: 9/14 for 51 yards (3.7 ypa), 3 sacks

2nd Half: 14/21 for 142 yards (6.8 ypa), 1 INT, 0 sacks

The interception was a bonehead play, but at least it wasn't a blown coverage read or something that reflects on Burrow's passing skills. Just don't do that again. Burrow looked great on the final drive. Had AJG not been flagged for that close call offensive PI, everything about the Burrow narrative this week would be different.

What's really good is in a close, low scoring game they ran about 45 pass plays counting sacks and scrambles. At least in superflex leagues, Burrow should get the kind of volume he needs to be a fantasy relevant player with that high rushing floor.

Just now, rex_bulkhead said:

If he keeps averaging 50 passes per game, pretty close to 0. On the bright side if he did make it through he would shatter the all-time single season pass attempts record

I’m not even a Bengal fan, and that was painful to watch. Although, as you can see from my avatar, I’m an LSU fan and a big Burrow fan. 

I was nervous about drafting him as a QB1 in a league. Paying off so far. Almost dropped for Ben or Wentz before this game.

Anybody worried about Burrow losing Uzomah? He also needs to throw deep more often or defenses can manipulate him. The OL is scary, but with certain volume it seems hard not to start him going forward.

Just now, Singing in Dwayne said:

I was nervous about drafting him as a QB1 in a league. Paying off so far. Almost dropped for Ben or Wentz before this game.

Anybody worried about Burrow losing Uzomah? He also needs to throw deep more often or defenses can manipulate him. The OL is scary, but with certain volume it seems hard not to start him going forward.

He made Sample a thing...so not really worried about the loss of Uzomah. And throwing deep would be nice, except his OL didn’t give him time to do that. 

um this dude totally gave the American psycho vibe in last night's post game interview.. this is unacceptable I have never lost 2 games in a row in my life... he listened to Phil Collins last night and killed hookers

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So far he's outscored Stafford every week for me, while riding the pine for me.  He's got a few tough matchups, but I think it might be time for a promotion. 36/61/44 pass attempts so far to with 5 TD's to 1 INT.  What are the thoughts on him ROS?

6 hours ago, humanpuck said:

So far he's outscored Stafford every week for me, while riding the pine for me.  He's got a few tough matchups, but I think it might be time for a promotion. 36/61/44 pass attempts so far to with 5 TD's to 1 INT.  What are the thoughts on him ROS?

I did the exact same thing - I've been starting Stafford as I wanted to "wait and see" with the rookie.  But, with how much he's airing it out and playing well, I think it's time (well overdue) for me to start him.

• 2 weeks later...

schedule not looking awesome coming up for next 5 weeks: @IND, CLE, TEN, BYE, @ PIT...the games @ home, eh ok I guess - but you don't like @ IND or @ PIT. after that eases up a bit...

@WAS, NYG, @MIA, // playoffs: DAL, PIT, @ HOU