Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joe Burrow 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I say that as a dyed-in-the-wool LSU fan who thinks a statue of Burrow should be built outside of Tiger Stadium and who thinks No9 should be retired at LSU. Lol. In fact, the wallpaper on both my

The guy with 3 rings in the past 5 years laughs at this and burrow is plenty mobile

People don’t even give his rushing ability any credit. Had a friend tell me Tua was the far superior scrambler and runner over Burrow which is just false. Burrow moves in the pocket better than Tua. B

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Putting together an all time rookie season so far. Kid is special  

Totally. I think he lost 2 starting linemen during the game, but still finds a way. Def the sign of a special player.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Those three games with no TDs are hurting him. He’s on pace for something like 20-21 right now. Hopefully he continues to build and we see thar number go up in the second half. If only he had an OL. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Those three games with no TDs are hurting him. He’s on pace for something like 20-21 right now. Hopefully he continues to build and we see thar number go up in the second half. If only he had an OL. 

How is he on pace for 21 interceptions? He has 5 in 7 weeks.

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

He said he's on pace for that many TDs.  Also why he said hopefully he builds on that number.

Ahh I saw it as TD/INT ratio. You can still build on a      20/21 TD/INT ratio but I should’ve saw he didn’t mention interceptions specifically at all.. read it quick. Isn’t 27 TDs the rookie record? On pace for 20-21TDs with zero in those games against Baltimore and Indy is impressive on this cincy team as a rookie 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Ahh I saw it as TD/INT ratio. You can still build on a      20/21 TD/INT ratio but I should’ve saw he didn’t mention interceptions specifically at all.. read it quick. Isn’t 27 TDs the rookie record? On pace for 20-21TDs with zero in those games against Baltimore and Indy is impressive on this cincy team as a rookie 

OH.  I got you now.  Didn't understand what you were seeing thinking he was saying 20-21 interceptions, but I didn't realize you read it as 20/21 (TDs/Ints).

But yeah Burrow is balling out.  Crazy what he's doing behind that patchwork line.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

How is he on pace for 21 interceptions? He has 5 in 7 weeks.


I said nothing about interceptions. Not sure where you got that. 

And I just kept reading and saw where you were coming from. I was saying he’s on pace for 20-21 TDs. My apologies for the misunderstanding. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:


I said nothing about interceptions. Not sure where you got that. 

And I just kept reading and saw where you were coming from. I was saying he’s on pace for 20-21 TDs. My apologies for the misunderstanding. 

All good, my bad really.. in all I just hope Burrow keeps this up and have been impressed thus far. Next week at home against Tennessee seems like a good play. 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me crazy but I am starting Burrow over Mahomes this week. I don’t see Jets keeping it competitive and this TEN-CIN matchup has sneaky shootout potential. I drafted Joey as my keeper for next year, the kid is a special talent. So it’s Time to give him a ride!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

Main worry with Burrow is his line is decimated. I think they could be without three starting offensive linemen.

they just acquired a lineman from seattle. Supposedly he's a decent pass protector. Dreadful with run blocking

Link to post
Share on other sites

This game does have a lot of shootout potential. Bengals defense will likely give up at least 28 points to the Titans. Bengals have already taken a very pass first approach without Mixon. Titans defense is pretty bad, especially the secondary. I believe they lost their second round rookie corner to an injury, but I think Adoree Jackson could return this week. Either way, Burrow should have no problem throwing on these guys, just a matter of will the offensive line hold up. A bad oline can really kill your fantasy QB. Drives get killed by penalties and sacks.

Edited by LionKid90
Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the consensus on him this week. The pros are that he has a great matchup and should throw a lot without Mixon. The cons are that he will be without three starting offensive linemen and could see winds between 15-25 mph. His line was already bad, can it really get much worst?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

What is the consensus on him this week. The pros are that he has a great matchup and should throw a lot without Mixon. The cons are that he will be without three starting offensive linemen and could see winds between 15-25 mph. His line was already bad, can it really get much worst?

Do you have any good news?

I’m starting him and hoping for the best with Murray on bye. 
 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yardimatt said:

Do you have any good news?

I’m starting him and hoping for the best with Murray on bye. 
 

 

 

 

The locals seem confident with the replacement plans for the OL. At least they are not freaking out. I'm not worried about the wind.

Another plus is Tenn will be missing two DBs for the game.

If u want to read the local takes on the OL, below is the link. Good luck!

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-o-line-tests-progress-depth-injury-update-lawson-hopes-to-chop-wood-i

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...