Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Mack updated ADP is disrespectful, he's 131 compared to JT 48. That is outrageous difference for a RB who is the starter backed by the coach. Whoever gets Mack that late is getting tremendous value. Camp reports Mack has been great and JT still dropping passes at scrimmage.  

most are playing the long game. if mack wasnt there JT adp is 2nd rd jacobs territory. so if you believe JT takes over by week 8 then top 50 adp is fine.

sure mack could carry you early in the season which is good adp value but who knows how long when the writing is on the wall.

 

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Well thats dumb

 

for me yeah but some of these guys are starting drafts with CMC/Barkley + Connor/Ekeler/Carson + JT ..also don't play in K/DEF leagues so there are 2 additional flex spots

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

for me yeah but some of these guys are starting drafts with CMC/Barkley + Connor/Ekeler/Carson + JT ..also don't play in K/DEF leagues so there are 2 additional flex spots

 

This is what I did.  Feels like I took Conner too early tho (21st).  Are you saying you think this is a good start?  Or too early for Conner, Taylor?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think taking JT in the 3rd is fine if you build the team right. I would have to get a stud RB 1st followed with another stud in the 2nd or a very high floor WR1 like Julio. Then JT in the 3rd

If you plan on taking Michael Thomas or Adams In the first round or a TE in the 2nd round I don’t think you can risk taking JT in the 3rd. Just my opinion 

Edited by Stonej14
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stonej14 said:

I think taking JT in the 3rd is fine if you build the team right. I would have to get a stud RB 1st followed with another stud in the 2nd or a very high floor WR1 like Julio. Then JT in the 3rd

If you plan on taking Michael Thomas or Adams In the first round or a TE in the 2nd round I don’t think you can risk taking JT in the 3rd. Just my opinion 

 

my friend in my league did that lol went julio and then kelce and taylor in the 3rd....needless to say after i went rb heavy in the first 4 rounds an then took mack later i can tell i messed up his draft when he sent out a message saying i can draft something other than rbs lol his starting rbs are jordan howard & taylor...he has dobbins and armstead on his bench...not exactly what i would want as your first line of defense

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If you want to win your league, take this guy in the 3rd round.  Marlon Mack lol!  Marlon Mack.  

yeah, this could be a classic case of over-thinking things in fantasy.  It's very likely that in a few weeks, everyone is going to be wondering why the hell we were so afraid of Marlon Mack.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

 

This is what I did.  Feels like I took Conner too early tho (21st).  Are you saying you think this is a good start?  Or too early for Conner, Taylor?

 

I think it's a great start if you had a front pick ..if he ends up in a RBBC it's not a huge loss as he's still flex worthy..if he becomes a bell cow behind a top 3 OL ..it's league winning. I took Connor at 2.2 in a league but again ..4 flexes ..and a keeper ..so ADPs/scarcity was not even. I'm in a few "pro" leagues and Connor was picked routinely in the 2nd and JT routinely in the 3rd (this was July) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, this guy right here said:

 

Mack can't catch either.

 

i have watched plenty of mack to tell you that is a lie...his career is 52 catches for 410 yards...not crazy numbers but its mainly because of injuries he had throughout the years that cut those seasons short...2018 he was injured for half the season and then came on the scene an exploded...dude was disgusting during that stretch

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Power-O said:

 

i have watched plenty of mack to tell you that is a lie...his career is 52 catches for 410 yards...not crazy numbers but its mainly because of injuries he had throughout the years that cut those seasons short...2018 he was injured for half the season and then came on the scene an exploded...dude was disgusting during that stretch

 

No, the receiving numbers are low because they take him out on third down and don't throw to him the first two downs. Maybe he's great but the team/coaches he plays for don't have the confidence you have in his ability to catch the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

 

No, the receiving numbers are low because they take him out on third down and don't throw to him the first two downs. Maybe he's great but the team/coaches he plays for don't have the confidence you have in his ability to catch the ball. 

 

that is true that they do sub him but you do have to factor in the time he has missed...he does catch passes and much better than taylor at this point...i get you drafted taylor so no point in going back and forth...

Edited by Power-O
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...