Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Who's gonna do that now?

Now? Probably no one. I did have a friend text me something along the lines of “****, didn’t realize I would have to play Taylor week 1” though. The “league winning upside” sounds great until week 5 happens and he’s still the 1 B to Mack. Owners will probably start to panic then

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Good early season trade target after he starts off slow. 

Now this is the smart take here.

Though I wonder who possibly takes him and thinks he produces immediately?

I mean, I hope he does.  I reached for him at the back of the 4th round in my superflex league, though I still think that's too high, for the chance that he does become the clear lead back by mid season.  Don't necessarily think that's probable, but no risk it no biscuit.

But I'm not starting him this week, even against the Jags.  Playing Mostert at rb2 and then flexing either Kerryon or DJax.

But if you can take advantage of someone who hasn't really thought it out, best of luck.  I might give it a try in other leagues in a couple weeks.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

The problem with picking him in the late 3rd and early 4th is that comparable running backs around that draft price don’t have to split time with another RB averaging 1000 yards a season for the last 2 seasons. I just did a draft today and he went right before Mostert at pick 60 which I think is about right, maybe a tad too late. If you can get Carson, Conner, David Johnson, or even Gurley if you believe his knees will hold up, at least you know you will be at worst on the favorable side of any rbbc and at best have a workhorse back starting week 1. With Taylor, this is not a foregone conclusion.

Depends on the league. I drafted him at the very back end of the 3rd in a 12 teamer and I think something like 22 RBs were off the board. All the guys you list were gone.

That's the issue with ADP discussions. It's all relative to the league. In some leagues you can draft RBs a bit later and in some leagues you have to overpay because everyone is overpaying. However, it's fine because there will be better WRs in later rounds.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Now? Probably no one. I did have a friend text me something along the lines of “****, didn’t realize I would have to play Taylor week 1” though. The “league winning upside” sounds great until week 5 happens and he’s still the 1 B to Mack. Owners will probably start to panic then

I'm willing to gamble my entire chances at a title that Jonathan Taylor doesn't cede meaningful touches to Mack by week 5. Taylor could have the job to himself with one long run to the house as soon as Sunday, and by the way he gets the Jaguars without Yannick Ngakuoe.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Depends on the league. I drafted him at the very back end of the 3rd in a 12 teamer and I think something like 22 RBs were off the board. All the guys you list were gone.

That's the issue with ADP discussions. It's all relative to the league. In some leagues you can draft RBs a bit later and in some leagues you have to overpay because everyone is overpaying. However, it's fine because there will be better WRs in later rounds.


This is also true. In this year’s draft, I’ve liked my mock drafts a lot more going RB RB in the first 2 rounds. I also think with the trend of the RBBC becoming more prevalent and the fact that it’s becoming a much passer friendly league being able to support 2 stud WRs, productive RBs seem to be drafted higher than productive WRs just due to supply and demand.

Edited by WaiverLooter
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I'm willing to gamble my entire chances at a title that Jonathan Taylor doesn't cede meaningful touches to Mack by week 5. Taylor could have the job to himself with one long run to the house as soon as Sunday, and by the way he gets the Jaguars without Yannick Ngakuoe.

In the same boat brother... if he dies he dies... but I’m betting on rocky aka JT

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

The problem with picking him in the late 3rd and early 4th is that comparable running backs around that draft price don’t have to split time with another RB averaging 1000 yards a season for the last 2 seasons. I just did a draft today and he went right before Mostert at pick 60 which I think is about right, maybe a tad too late. If you can get Carson, Conner, David Johnson, or even Gurley if you believe his knees will hold up, at least you know you will be at worst on the favorable side of any rbbc and at best have a workhorse back starting week 1. With Taylor, this is not a foregone conclusion.

I took a combination of Carson and Taylor at the round 3-4 swing with the Idea that i'd start Carson untill Taylor takes over. If it works out I'll have two great options to play or trade. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to where JT when in other leagues. In my 12 team league, I scooped him up at the very end of round 4. I was stocked he was still on the board and I could have him as my RB3/flex.

Edited by RoseLin23
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NInsko said:

I took a combination of Carson and Taylor at the round 3-4 swing with the Idea that i'd start Carson untill Taylor takes over. If it works out I'll have two great options to play or trade. 

This is exactly what I did too lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This dudes draft position was way high this year.  ****, I was getting my Masters at UW-Madison while this dude was balling there....I don't know...I just don't get the translation to the pro game per say.  I especially don't get the draft stock when there is a perfectly acceptable, and identical, player in Mack in the backfield.  Anyways, I just feel like he was too expensive for the circumstances.  

Not a finer school to attend. Was glad I was able to go there as well, but I went when Russell Wilson was driving around state st in his escalade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Now? Probably no one. I did have a friend text me something along the lines of “****, didn’t realize I would have to play Taylor week 1” though. The “league winning upside” sounds great until week 5 happens and he’s still the 1 B to Mack. Owners will probably start to panic then

 

especially if you're 1-3, with byes ready to put the final nail in the coffin.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Athletic's Zak Keefer said the Colts drafted RB Jonathan Taylor to "spell [Marlon] Mack mid-game, keeping him fresher for the fourth quarter."

It's enough to make Taylor drafters sick. But we've known for a while Mack wouldn't be completely phased out of Indy's offense, and that Taylor would have to assert himself to take over the backfield. Head coach Frank Reich has pledged to "ride the hot hand" this season. Those who drafted Mack could get solid usage out of the back this year, including this week against what should be a bad Jacksonville defense. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Athletic's Zak Keefer said the Colts drafted RB Jonathan Taylor to "spell [Marlon] Mack mid-game, keeping him fresher for the fourth quarter."

It's enough to make Taylor drafters sick. But we've known for a while Mack wouldn't be completely phased out of Indy's offense, and that Taylor would have to assert himself to take over the backfield. Head coach Frank Reich has pledged to "ride the hot hand" this season. Those who drafted Mack could get solid usage out of the back this year, including this week against what should be a bad Jacksonville defense. 

I just read this, too, a little while ago.  That's what they're saying for now but I expect Taylor to eventually take over probably by the 5th game at the latest.  I drafted Taylor to be my 3rd rb in a couple of leagues so it isn't like I'm forced to start him as my rb2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Athletic's Zak Keefer said the Colts drafted RB Jonathan Taylor to "spell [Marlon] Mack mid-game, keeping him fresher for the fourth quarter."

 

Not an Athletic subscriber so I don't know the whole context, but its not like Mack is a Zeke, Barkley or McCaffery, Why would a team spend valuable draft capital just to be Marlon Macks caddy?

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bogey said:

 

Not an Athletic subscriber so I don't know the whole context, but its not like Mack is a Zeke, Barkley or McCaffery, Why would a team spend valuable draft capital just to be Marlon Macks caddy?

if this is true then Reich and  company are too dumb for words - high draft pick to spell Mack..lol!!  maybe it was leaked so teams won't gameplan for Taylor.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bogey said:

 

Not an Athletic subscriber so I don't know the whole context, but its not like Mack is a Zeke, Barkley or McCaffery, Why would a team spend valuable draft capital just to be Marlon Macks caddy?

I would just wait to see how he's used.  It's too early to push the panic button for those who drafted Taylor as their 2nd rb but those who drafted him as that should have known that something like this could happen.  Hopefully you drafted good depth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Taylor could come into a big role because of a Mack injury. I think the guy has missed games every year of his career. And this coming from a guy that passed on taking Taylor because it was too early when I didn't trust the workload.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's probably going to hit some home runs early, but Mack is not going away this season unless it's via injury. He's a good back and the Colts can essentially run him into the ground. Not sure why people can't swallow the fact that MM is a solid professional back and there's a reason Reich and company like him. As a Colts fan, their plan is pretty obvious to me. Running behind big Q, Castonzo and Kelly, I'd love to have both these guys on my team in the right spot. Competition breeds performance in the NFL.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

if this is true then Reich and  company are too dumb for words - high draft pick to spell Mack..lol!!  maybe it was leaked so teams won't gameplan for Taylor.

 

More likely they drafted Taylor to eventually take over as the main guy,  but probably not the early part of this season.

I'm guessing maybe 40% of the work to Mack's 60% would be optimistic this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...