NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

For a bit it seemed like they were using Hines on early downs and JT on 3rd down - very odd usage overall. Not worried until I see something like this in a more competitive game, but you’d think / hope a game like this would also mean more touches for him too.

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

He did not look great today. Running into oline when there were holes he shouldve taken

I’ll take it all day, for a down game ...

12.2 points in standard.

Send it.

We got this cat in the 3rd-5th rounds.

Lovely, just lovely. 

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I’ll take it all day, for a down game ...

12.2 points in standard.

Send it.

We got this cat in the 3rd-5th rounds.

Lovely, just lovely. 

But the point is he was being out produced in a game where some ranks had him as high as top 4 production. If he isnt getting the work in the best matchup of the season, when will he and will it be consistent 

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

But the point is he was being out produced in a game where some ranks had him as high as top 4 production. If he isnt getting the work in the best matchup of the season, when will he and will it be consistent 

Rankings are a hoax, use your own judgement.

Just trade him ... if he ain’t helping your team. 

Locked and loaded low end RB1 / high-end RB2.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Exactly. This is the type of matchup you need him to get you 25, because there are gonna be tough matchups where he'll legitimately struggle. 

I was on redzone all day so perhaps someone who watched the game could speak to this, but I'm wondering if he simply wasn't used because they had a huge lead (smart) or if Hines was sprinkled in quite a bit prior to that (concerning). 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Exactly. This is the type of matchup you need him to get you 25, because there are gonna be tough matchups where he'll legitimately struggle. 

I was on redzone all day so perhaps someone who watched the game could speak to this, but I'm wondering if he simply wasn't used because they had a huge lead (smart) or if Hines was sprinkled in quite a bit prior to that (concerning). 

Could be that Reich knew early on that the game was well in hand, and having just lost Mack for the season didn’t want to unnecessarily risk Taylor succumbing to a similar fate.

3 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Could be that Reich knew early on that the game was well in hand, and having just lost Mack for the season didn’t want to unnecessarily risk Taylor succumbing to a similar fate.

Pretty sure this is the case.

They ran him like 30 times last week.

No reason to put miles on him in a game that was out of hand after a quarter.

6 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

3 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Pretty sure this is the case.

They ran him like 30 times last week.

No reason to put miles on him in a game that was out of hand after a quarter.

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

The Jets aren't an easy run defense either.  Especially considering they're always behind. 

Have to agree with this (for now).

We are just a little disappointed we didn't get 100+ yds and a couple more catches, but we got the TD and a nice YPC (oh wait YPC doesn't count lol).

AND....most importantly, he is healthy and still a great RB to have going forward.

11 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Bold Prediction:

After the Colts Week 7 BYE, Nyheim Hines will outscore Jonathan Taylor in Full PPR from Weeks 8 through Week 16.

This would be shocking but I guess it could be like a Chubb/Hunt situation where Hunt outscored Chubb in PPR last year upon his return. But Hines is obviously not the talent that Hunt is. Rivers also likes to throw to his RBs but Taylor will catch a few balls as well.

I probably give this a 10% chance of happening.

• Like 1

Taylor looked like a “I’m a 2nd round pick and I need to impress the coaching staff” guy in the first half. Running hard but was pressing, and missed some holes on runs.   

He looked much better in the 2nd half. He broke off chunk runs on his scoring drive and showed much better vision. 

He’s a rookie with no preseason, so it’s going to take some time IMO. Behind that OL and with his athletic ability, I think he can be big down the stretch of the season for fantasy owners. 

Trapped in an RBBC cause the colts are dumb as hell. It's so frustrating watching JT move the chains every time he gets 2-3 touches, then they sub him out and WIlkins/Hines set up a nice juicy 2nd/3rd and 14 into a punt. Reich is an idiot. Let your rookie who also looks like your best back get some reps to get hot.

• Like 1