NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Hes not the league winner we thought he was with this usage. Terrible.

I mean this is the first game he really busted.

The kid’s just a rookie, deserves a very long leash.

Just moronic play calling. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I mean this is the first game he really busted.

The kid’s just a rookie, deserves a very long leash.

Just moronic play calling. 

Yeah I’m specifically talking about play calling and usage. They had a 3 RB rotation this week. 

• Like 1

16 attempts in comparison to 18 combined for hines/wilkins.  defintely not a great game, but guessing they are going to try and save them where they can for the later in the season given hes a rookie.  the colts had this one in hand from the start and the bears never really threatened....

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, herschel said:

16 attempts in comparison to 18 combined for hines/wilkins.  defintely not a great game, but guessing they are going to try and save them where they can for the later in the season given hes a rookie.  the colts had this one in hand from the start and the bears never really threatened....

He don’t get carries when they winning by a lot, he’s basically going to be a headache all year long, just shocked they spent a 2nd round pick on a rb they they had no intent on playing from the jump....

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

I dont really the buy that argument that theye saving him because they had the game in hand. Thats two weeks in a row now. 

It seems liked they rotating all 3 backs with Taylor being the "main" guy in the committee.

And now he's possibly hurt.

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I dont really the buy that argument that theye saving him because they had the game in hand. Thats two weeks in a row now. 

It seems liked they rotating all 3 backs with Taylor being the "main" guy in the committee.

And now he's possibly hurt.

Hurt? 

He was in at end of game and made last run, he will be fine. Colts D will keep him relevant and his schedule gets easier after the bye big time. Looked much better than Hines and Wilkins by a mile. They need to call some screens for him, hasn’t dropped a pass all year. And a run outside instead of up the centers a** would be great

• Like 1

He was in there on the last couple kneel downs FWIW.. his usage today was maddening. I couldn’t figure it out, lots and lots of Hines today and sprinkles of Wilkins. Doesn’t settle well with me.

• Like 1

I mean 16 carries is fine...there's not a whole lot of backs that get a lot more then that. He'll get a few more if he starts dominating but he's looking just ok so far objectively. A little more passing game work would go a long way for his value.

• Like 1

If he can be game scripted out, he’s not an RB1. He’s just not. Maybe his role will expand later on, but he’s not the hurry-up/third down back, and they don’t give it to him to kill the game either. He’s the head of a committee. RB2 at best until that changes. 

13 minutes ago, herschel said:

This.

They're 3-1 now.  And in those 3 straight winning weeks vs the Vikings, Jets, and Bears was the opponent ever really in it after half time.

They haven't needed to really exert all that much effort.  The last two weeks especially, their defense never even looked close to being challenged. 

Yea, we'd love to see Taylor get 25 touches and two TDs a game, but it hasn't been necessary for the Colts.

Let's see what happens in more competitive situations. 

• Like 1

maybe it's just me, but he also doesn't look that good. I'm not saying he looks bad, and he definitely looks better than Hines and Wilkins, but he definitely doesn't pop off the screen like the generational talent so many claimed him to be.

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

This.

They're 3-1 now.  And in those 3 straight winning weeks vs the Vikings, Jets, and Bears was the opponent ever really in it after half time.

They haven't needed to really exert all that much effort.  The last two weeks especially, their defense never even looked close to being challenged. 

Yea, we'd love to see Taylor get 25 touches and two TDs a game, but it hasn't been necessary for the Colts.

Let's see what happens in more competitive situations. 

I can see not overplaying Taylor vs the lousy Jets but this game was competitive for 2.5 quarters. What happened to all the check downs that we saw in week 1 to the Indy RBs? This offense doesnt look good, the pace, playcalling, JT's usage, QB play etc.

• Like 2

I thought he looked pretty good today, but his useage is still terrible. Dude is pretty raw, but he's not getting the touches he needs to develop. He looked good in the passing game weeks 1 and 2, but they've seemingly written him completely off there for the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

maybe it's just me, but he also doesn't look that good. I'm not saying he looks bad, and he definitely looks better than Hines and Wilkins, but he definitely doesn't pop off the screen like the generational talent so many claimed him to be.

Colts are a joke their defense won’t be able to win them games against big time offenses.  You would think they would want to get the best offensive weapon on their team rolling and comfortable like CEH, but nope they playing mind games.  Lets hurt the kids growth by giving trash Hines and trash Wilkins half the carries.

Just now, Evincar said:

I can see not overplaying Taylor vs the lousy Jets but this game was competitive for 2.5 quarters. What happened to all the check downs that we saw in week 1 to the Indy RBs? This offense doesnt look good, the pace, playcalling, JT's usage, QB play etc.

I agree, it was ugly.

But the Bears had 3 points until the final 90 seconds.

I think they'll unleash the beast as they face bigger challenges. 

5 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

He looks fast. I notice most of his nice runs today were when he bounced them to the outside and used his speed. Doesn't look like a natural in between the tackles like a James Robinson. 

For everyone saying that they’ll unleash him when they play more competitive games... will they though? Teams typically run the ball when they are up, and it’s not like they can pass the ball at all anyway. If they were going to unleash the run game, I would think it would be in games that they are trying to run out the clock. Ya know, games they’re winning.