NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

Looks like he lost control of the backfield coming out of the BYE... not the rookie bump everyone expected. Disaster for his owners if Wilkins actually gets the start going forward. If Taylor still earns the start, RB2 RoS.

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yes it’s so hard to beast behind a near NFL level line in college.

Similar to another Wisconsin rb who balled out in college, I think it was montee ball. Badgers o line is usually good and elevated him,  and then he faded out of the nfl. Melvin Gordon has done ok but is not a world beater either.. but Taylor did have a lot of production albeit with a million carries in college regardless. 

15 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Sounds like the Colts are already giving up on him?  They are in Win-Now mode with Rivers at QB so clearly they showed they feel they have better options. 

they have him gl carries and he didnt capitalize.  i wouldnt say they are giving up on him, but you can only go to the well so many times...

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

they have him gl carries and he didnt capitalize.  i wouldnt say they are giving up on him, but you can only go to the well so many times...

thing that drives me nuts is on the gl carry to Taylor it was obvious run up the middle with no hole. On the very next play they bring in Wilkins and run a little stretch play and he makes one cut and scores. If they keep Taylor in he scores on that play too. It’s not so much the player to me it’s the usage. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

thing that drives me nuts is on the gl carry to Taylor it was obvious run up the middle with no hole. On the very next play they bring in Wilkins and run a little stretch play and he makes one cut and scores. If they keep Taylor in he scores on that play too. It’s not so much the player to me it’s the usage. 

from what i saw, taylor needed to go up and over on that play as opposed to going low and trying to find a hole.  could be wrong but it seemed like he could have broken the plane if he went high....

I was kind of feeling like the whole world was recommending to buy him the last week or two and I didn't really get it. As in buy him at RB1 costs. He just hadn't looked good enough before this game for that. I have a lot of him and he has just never felt like that type of asset at really any point outside of maybe the 1st game without Mack. Hopefully he can respond to being benched.

What a grave disappointment. I don't see the situation improving either. You get badly outplayed by your two backups in a cupcake matchup. Just an absolute nightmare scenario. Couldn't even think about starting him against Baltimore next week. 

45 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

I wonder how many people are gonna come on this thread and admit they were Wrong as hell bout dude .... cause this thread bout a month ago are night and day difference 😂😂

I posted in this thread well over a month ago that he had no vision and got **** on. 

56 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

I wonder how many people are gonna come on this thread and admit they were Wrong as hell bout dude .... cause this thread bout a month ago are night and day difference 😂😂

That is the opposite of how things work in these forums from what I have seen. But I will definitely say that my acquisition of this player has so far been a disaster. Everything about his situation and schedule was perfect except for the player himself. And I do indeed feel stupid.

Edited by Buckmcbuck
4 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Hopefully he will respond after being benched.....I’m glad I got some other options available until he figures out how to play the RB position. He’s officially my RB5 now until further notice.

This is really all we can hope for.  Picked him up during the bye and was hoping he’d come out strong.  As a diehard Colts fan I’m glad to see we have some weapons and we moved the ball great, but fantasy wise pretty disheartening to see JTaylor finishing w 5 pts when the Colts RBs got ~45 total.  Did not see that coming. 

• Like 1