NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, egolam said:

You compare him to Henry while conveniently forgetting Henry rookie year with people calling him jag too because he wasn't used as the primary back from the get go.

I'm not saying JT is a bust career-wise. My sole concern is this year. I realize some play in keeper/dynasty, but the vast majority are redraft. So my perspective is coming from that vantage point. Heck if I was in a keeper league I could completely understand keeping him if you used a mid-round pick on him. But in terms of redraft, I'm not sure he has startable value at all ROS. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

Beside 2 games, he always cleared the 10 pts in ppr, Wilkins has 1 good game, Hines has 2. It's more than likely that he had his worse game of the year and gets back to 10+ pts sooner rather than later. If you can trade or drop him for something better than sure pull it, That's decent enough for a 4th/5th/6th round pick

Edited by egolam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very interested to see how the workload shakes out today. I'm getting heavy James Conner/Benny Snell vibes from earlier in the season. Not sure if either has a good game against the Ravens front, but I just don't see them going away from Taylor yet.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, MonsterMan said:

I'm going to fade him this week in a tough matchup vs Ravens, but Indy has soft Defenses in the run for the next 6 weeks, so he should be chalk after today.

He can’t be trusted as “chalk” in any matchup until he starts playing better, and the coaches prove to us that last week’s usage issues were a one game thing.

Yuck. It felt like he was getting comfortable early in this game, then the fumble happened. Seemed he was still the starter prior to the fumble though and Wilkins didn't impress. Schedule opens up after this but we'll have to see how the usage is......again. *sighs*

Stuck in an ugly committee the rest of the year because of the fumble + last week. Unfortunate. Going to be a gamble week to week with an OK 5 point floor.

Edited by harck

next 6 games are all against bottom tier run defenses. fact they were going to him early and he got the rz carry are both good signs.  im not scared of wilkins, but he needs to put up some numbers next week....

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, fluffy69 said:

of players. Not literally a mountain. I shouldn't need to clarify or explain that.

I know what you mean. On those short yardage plays it’s on the line more than the rb. If he gets the call to run inside the line needs to open a hole or move the mountain. 

2 hours ago, herschel said:

next 6 games are all against bottom tier run defenses. fact they were going to him early and he got the rz carry are both good signs.  im not scared of wilkins, but he needs to put up some numbers next week....

He looked good early on but that fumble was costly.

16 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Buy low candidate of the year imo. Schedule opens up and this guy gives me “winter is coming” cold games vibe and it gets cold in Indy. 

A kitten dies every time someone brings up the soft opposing run defense schedule that the Colts have. Please think of the kittens.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Buy low candidate of the year imo. Schedule opens up and this guy gives me “winter is coming” cold games vibe and it gets cold in Indy. 

Indy plays in a dome lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If you guys actually watched him play he was looking good until he fumbled. It’s just always something seems like with him. And Wilkins is a JAG let’s be real. He had 11 carries for 39 yards and looked the part of a backup RB. Let’s not get carried away here. The colts seem to still be giving him plenty of opportunity and I personally don’t think that’s changing. He may be a watch and wait for now but I wouldn’t write him off completely.

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tough opponent and bad game flow but our guy still scored a nice TD.

Rivers is so very cooked, I think that is hurting the whole offense.

Rivers has looked cooked his entire career - it’s just how he looks.  He outperforms his appearance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4