NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, DJSatane said:

“true to some extent, for example they gave him 3rd and goal and then removed him from 4th and goal. However, he does not impress enough in the touches he does get. Back to those advanced stats, its just facts. Should they give him more burn? Yes, but JT needs to also show up more.”

This is that same tired narrative, just a different player on a different day. It’s allllll about the player, nothing else is relevant. You say Taylor needs to do more, but can you show us what he left on the field with carries he did get? No? Shocked, truly! The run Taylor got looked like what a FB would get. The upside is that this game was a huge win for them. There’s mention of an ankle, so we owners have to hope that’s what we’re seeing & that they will lean on him in the weeks to come. I can only speak for myself, if they don’t, I’m fuq’d as usual! 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Not until he shows he is a competent back. Rather start Kalen Ballage or Salvon Ahmed. 

So it has come to this.  Kalen Ballage of all people.  Kalen Ballage.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So it has come to this.  Kalen Ballage of all people.  Kalen Ballage.

Honestly Kalen is looking like a savior right about now 😂 Anyone with 2 arms and legs qualifies as well.

I was one of the biggest supporters of this kid. But enough is enough.

He needs to marinate on the bench for a bit. 

Good luck to all those forced to start him this week. Just pray he trips himself into the endzone. Usage is atrocious 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Honestly Kalen is looking like a savior right about now 😂 Anyone with 2 arms and legs qualifies as well.

I was one of the biggest supporters of this kid. But enough is enough.

He needs to marinate on the bench for a bit. 

Good luck to all those forced to start him this week. Just pray he trips himself into the endzone. Usage is atrocious 

He needs to be like 10% started in leagues this week man lol how many more clunkers can owners take? Just pick up some trash off the waivers to get you 6-8 pts vs this crap lol 

• Like 2

Very talented player, gotta hope that skill & opportunity will eventually come together. I have no idea what Taylor & Damien Harris have failed to do, in order to earn some of the gravy, but it is what it is. Garbage! 

2 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Very talented player, gotta hope that skill & opportunity will eventually come together. I have no idea what Taylor & Damien Harris have failed to do, in order to earn some of the gravy, but it is what it is. Garbage! 

Damien Harris? He's received 16, 14 and 22 carries in the last 3 weeks respectively. What do you mean by he has failed to earn some of the gravy? Looks to me like that's a pretty trustworthy role and he broke the century mark in 2 of those 3 showings...

Taylor, on the other hand, has definitely been on the opposite end of the gravy trust train. Dropping from 11 down to 6 and 7 carries the last 3 weeks putting up less yardage in total for those 3 weeks (61 yds) than Harris has in his worst showing of those last 3 weeks (71 yds).

Taylor has talent, but he is not producing. Not sure why you lumped these 2 together. There is zero correlation and the reason I dropped Taylor today and have held onto Harris.

Edited by Gootz
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Colts have THE easiest RB ROS schedule until week 16 against PIT. Let's hope it clicks at some point, starting this week against GBs pitiful run defense. 

Yep, but ideally you'd wait for signs of life while he's on your bench before starting him. Just too risky to throw him out there because the floor is so low.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Gootz said:

“Damien Harris? He's received 16, 14 and 22 carries in the last 3 weeks respectively. What do you mean by he has failed to earn some of the gravy? Looks to me like that's a pretty trustworthy role and he broke the century mark in 2 of those 3 showings... Taylor, on the other hand, has definitely been on the opposite end of the gravy trust train. Dropping from 11 down to 6 and 7 carries the last 3 weeks putting up less yardage in total for those 3 weeks (61 yds) than Harris has in his worst showing of those last 3 weeks (71 yds). Taylor has talent, but he is not producing. Not sure why you lumped these 2 together. There is zero correlation and the reason I dropped Taylor today and have held onto Harris.”

The correlation is the type of looks the two are getting. Harris is good enough between the 20s, good enough to help get them down there. But once they’re there, oh god no, king Butthead has to have it all! Hines isn’t doing anything special, he’s simply being afforded more room to exploit. We don’t get their games, but we did get this one. I saw Taylor with no where to go & Hines with more time & space to make use of. Contradicting my narrative I suppose is that it could be that defenses are not going to let Taylor get rolling. But to me, the answer isn’t to put Hines in the game. When they cheat up the response is often pass off run action. Get ‘em pushed back & then pound Taylor. No way am I going to say you made mistake dropping him. Just saying, it could go that other way. 

Edited by markrc99
1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

The correlation is the type of looks the two are getting. Harris is good enough between the 20s, good enough to help get them down there. But once they’re there, oh god no, king Butthead has to have it all! Hines isn’t doing anything special, he’s simply being afforded more room to exploit. We don’t get their games, but we did get this one. I saw Taylor with no where to go & Hines with more time & space to make use of. Contradicting my narrative I suppose is that it could be that defenses are not going to let Taylor get rolling. But to me, the answer isn’t to put Hines in the game. When they cheat up the response is often pass off run action. Get ‘em pushed back & then pound Taylor. No way am I going to say you made mistake dropping him. Just saying, it could go that other way. 

The irony of these two is that Harris is on a worse team with a lot less offensive firepower. The Colts are a better team and should create more offensive opportunities since defenses have more to worry about, but he isn't. I'm not saying it's all Taylor's fault, but in theory, he definitely should be getting more opportunities to produce and he isn't. I finally gave up on him until I see something that indicates he can produce consistently.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Gootz said:

The irony of these two is that Harris is on a worse team with a lot less offensive firepower. The Colts are a better team and should create more offensive opportunities since defenses have more to worry about, but he isn't. I'm not saying it's all Taylor's fault, but in theory, he definitely should be getting more opportunities to produce and he isn't. I finally gave up on him until I see something that indicates he can produce consistently.

Anyone who hasn't is fooling themselves. Absolutely impossible to have any confidence in Taylor right now. I'd roll with Harris over him all day long. 

The question really, is is there any hope that there's still time for Taylor to emerge as a solid RB2. Unfortunately I think the answer is a resounding no. 

• Like 1

I got attacked on here last year for saying Miles Sanders wasn’t ready to be the starter last year after watching the first few games. Jordan Howard was far more effective because of his experience. I think that is what we are seeing here. Jonathan Taylor could be a fantasy asset later this year or next season. 

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I got attacked on here last year for saying Miles Sanders wasn’t ready to be the starter last year after watching the first few games. Jordan Howard was far more effective because of his experience. I think that is what we are seeing here. Jonathan Taylor could be a fantasy asset later this year or next season. 

Not trying to be anyway but didn't Sanders have injury issues??  Thought I remember him consistently being banged up tell end of season.  As for Taylor right now he has lost the coaches trust.  But he's a rookie and wouldn't be the first one to finish strong.  Have to hold and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Was this dude that bad before the bye? I feel like ever since the ankle news, that's when they started benching him. What if he's not 100% and the coaches are just being cautious? Just wishful thinking...

Edited by buckets88
  • Like 2