NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

Humor me here...they still roll him out at the beginning of games as the nominal "starter" and there's credence to the hot hand approach given what we've seen with Wilkins and Hines. GB is horrendous against the run. If he starts hot, could this potentially be something like the Vikings game (I don't see 25+ carries, but maybe 15-20)? I know we have zero reason to think he will start hot bc he's busted in so many great matchups already, but he was legitimately looking good against the Ravens until that fumble. If this game was in GB, I'd lean towards the "he wants to show out in WI angle" but that's not in play.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, trilly said:

Humor me here...they still roll him out at the beginning of games as the nominal "starter" and there's credence to the hot hand approach given what we've seen with Wilkins and Hines. GB is horrendous against the run. If he starts hot, could this potentially be something like the Vikings game (I don't see 25+ carries, but maybe 15-20)? I know we have zero reason to think he will start hot bc he's busted in so many great matchups already, but he was legitimately looking good against the Ravens until that fumble. If this game was in GB, I'd lean towards the "he wants to show out in WI angle" but that's not in play.

[...]

There is nothing that would make me confident in starting this dude right now unless it’s a deep league and he was my only option. [...] Tonight’s game should be a slugfest. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, buckets88 said:

Was this dude that bad before the bye? I feel like ever since the ankle news, that's when they started benching him. What if he's not 100% and the coaches are just being cautious? Just wishful thinking...

Im not buying the injury. He hasnt missed any practice time lately.

16 hours ago, buckets88 said:

Was this dude that bad before the bye? I feel like ever since the ankle news, that's when they started benching him. What if he's not 100% and the coaches are just being cautious? Just wishful thinking...

Yeeaaah... im gonna have to go ahead and uhhh take the blame for his decline. I traded for him over his bye week. Significant change once I acquired him lol. 

7 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

After 10 weeks of the 2020 season, in PPR

Nyheim Hines is the RB16

Jonathan Tayler is the RB19

Hines is currently outscoring Taylor in 2020.

talk about burying the lead?  didnt think he was top 30, let alone top 20....

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, herschel said:

talk about burying the lead?  didnt think he was top 30, let alone top 20....

I figured he would around RB25 after the last 3 weeks. Speaks to how bad RBs have been this season.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, Gootz said:

Damien Harris? He's received 16, 14 and 22 carries in the last 3 weeks respectively. What do you mean by he has failed to earn some of the gravy? Looks to me like that's a pretty trustworthy role and he broke the century mark in 2 of those 3 showings...

Taylor, on the other hand, has definitely been on the opposite end of the gravy trust train. Dropping from 11 down to 6 and 7 carries the last 3 weeks putting up less yardage in total for those 3 weeks (61 yds) than Harris has in his worst showing of those last 3 weeks (71 yds).

Taylor has talent, but he is not producing. Not sure why you lumped these 2 together. There is zero correlation and the reason I dropped Taylor today and have held onto Harris.

As for Harris, I think the gravy he’s talking about is twofold...TD opps inside the 10 and passing game work. 

4 hours ago, Cleanface said:

I’m feeling this week might be a game they give him some opportunity v Bad GB run d. He’s staying on the bench, just hoping he might get something good going for ros.  

Yep. 3 TD coming in the next couple weeks while he's on everybody's bench. Just enough to get the hype train rolling into next season.

• Like 1

No chance I’d play JT over Harris this week.   One is the bellcow (100 yards 2 of 3 weeks),  and the other is still trying to find his footing behind 2 backs playing well.     

The bench is where Taylor belongs until we see him pop.   Not in your lineup...hoping and praying this is the week 🤞 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

No chance I’d play JT over Harris this week.   One is the bellcow (100 yards 2 of 3 weeks),  and the other is still trying to find his footing behind 2 backs playing well.     

The bench is where Taylor belongs until we see him pop.   Not in your lineup...hoping and praying this is the week 🤞 

Yeah, I can’t believe people are STILL trying to justify getting this guy in their lineups. Like what more do you have to see? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Yeah, I can’t believe people are STILL trying to justify getting this guy in their lineups. Like what more do you have to see? 

Im still very much on board with JT long term— but yeah— not a great option in redraft currently.     

I was tough on him coming into the season, and got lit up for it on here. I'm going to start him today, not because I feel like he's going to get a huge workload...but because I feel like he's going to break one. Also...my other options suck.