NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

On 12/10/2020 at 8:46 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Put it another way:

Going forward, Hines is a full ppr flex play.

Wilkins is a desperation RB5 in standard.

Jonathan Taylor is a mid-range RB1 in all formats.

Like I said...

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

On 11/12/2020 at 11:54 PM, StevenSC400 said:

This guy can’t break tackles, he can’t juke defenders and runs into his own linemen. The small amount of optimism I had has gone out the window. This was the confirmation game. 

On 11/12/2020 at 11:54 PM, Leopard said:

What a nightmare, drop city. 

On 11/13/2020 at 4:41 AM, DJSatane said:

This guy will be known as just another TRich. Trich 3.0 or 4.0 now? not sure but yeah, just another TRich and thats all. BUST.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Soafanforlife said:

Things obviously change every week. This is football. He ran the ball like TRich for over half the season what’s your point? I had him benched for a lot of games but started him right after he started to turn things around after the packers game. And regardless he still wasn’t droppable. Idk who would drop him at any point in the season. For me he was taking up bench space for a good portion of the season. But patience pays off sometimes.

Edited by StevenSC400
23 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Things obviously change every week. This is football. He ran the ball like TRich for over half the season what’s your point? I had him benched for a lot of games but started him right after he started to turn things around after the packers game. And regardless he still wasn’t droppable. Idk who would drop him at any point in the season. For me he was taking up bench space for a good portion of the season. But patience pays off sometimes.

I agree and no shots taken here from me. I was just putting up sentiment checks and highlighting how this is a common theme every season. The ebbs and flows of the season, and this being the NFL, makes fantasy seem super easy in hindsight, but not so easy in the moment. All I will say is that for the vast majority of these forums, attention is paid to the box score, and not actually how the players play, how they run, what the coaching staff is doing to put them in positions to succeed. It's so, so hard to find a run first team with a top tier O line, a great defense, and a back who has talent. Granted, not everyone has time to do watch these machinations of the league closely, (I certainly don't), so that makes who you follow and listen to for advice (hint: people that do have time/do this for a living) THAT much more important. 

Objectively speaking, the only downside one would have holding onto Taylor was if you were facing some tough byes and needed to pick up players. Otherwise, in most normal sized leagues, someone with the above requisites would never go on the wire, so I agree: he was never a drop. 

• Like 1

Le'Veon Bell cost more at auction in my league at the start of September 2020 than did Jonathan Taylor.  I am going to have to spend some bucks to land Taylor next year, but I plan to do so.

Might even be a must-start in week 16 - PIT is looking rather mortal now with all of their injuries on D, and IND's D could also prey on PIT's recent ineptitude on offense and give JT some short fields to work with. Nice to see rookie RBs like JT, Akers and Dobbins coming on strong to close the year.

his break away speed on the long td run was very impressive.  also, was nice to see hines hand off to taylor on the wildcat rz carry for his 2nd td.  mixing up the play calling as opposed to just hand off and run it straight up the middle definitely helped with this game....

From PFF:

Taylor has been a different breed over his last three games. Over his first nine contests, Taylor ranked 43rd among 52 qualifying running backs in rushing grade at 62.4. Over the course of his last three contests, he has earned a 90.0 rushing grade that ranks first among all players at the position.

The second-round rookie also leads the NFL in explosive run rate, as 12 of his 55 carries since Week 11 have gained 10 or more yards. Taylor is also second in broken tackles per attempt at 0.33. The Colts rookie recorded just 10 of those explosive runs on 113 carries over his first nine games, and he generated only 0.07 broken tackles per attempt.

Taylor's improvement is truly uncanny, and he will look to continue this trend in Week 15 against the Houston Texans, who have the second-lowest-graded run defense in the NFL.