NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

I'm fully comfortable starting him this week, banking on the coaching staff seeing the same stuff the rest of us have. In an iffy matchup I'd feel nervous because I wouldn't be surprised if they turned elsewhere quickly, but against HOU I expect he will eat. Far cry vs. earlier this year when he constantly disappointed with great matchups. 

Assuming Mack signs elsewhere, I see JT being a mid-low RB1 next year as well.

Edited by trilly
51 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

In any order: I see him being in the bottom tier of this list so likely late 1st.... 

• CMC 
  • Chubb
  • Cook
  • Adams 
  • Henry 
  • Kamara
  • Ekeler
  • Metcalf
  • Hill
  • Diggs
  • Allen 
  • Hopkins
  • Barkley*

No way in hell would I take Kamara, Ekeler, Barkley, or any WR if Taylor was still available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

No way in hell would I take Kamara, Ekeler, Barkley, or any WR if Taylor was still available.

Agree. Kamara has been a shell of himself minus Brees, Ekeler has yet to prove he can handle starting a starting RB load for a full season without getting injured, Barkley (see Ekeler).

Taylor has emerged as a major workhorse in Indy during the last three weeks.  You want me to go back and rewatch the Week 1 game when Marlon Mack was starting?  Uh...ok.

6 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

In any order: I see him being in the bottom tier of this list so likely late 1st.... 

• CMC 
  • Chubb
  • Cook
  • Adams 
  • Henry 
  • Kamara
  • Ekeler
  • Metcalf
  • Hill
  • Diggs
  • Allen 
  • Hopkins
  • Barkley*

this should probably be moved to a '21 mock thread, but kelce belongs somewhere on this list as well....

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Who would you take him over? Not questioning it, just curios. 

Metcalf, Diggs, Allen, Hopkins, Barkley & Taylor.

Robinson has produced this year despite one of the worst situations possible.  When you watch him play, you can tell he is a flat out stud. I think he’s clearly a better RB than Taylor... JT is just faster.  Jacksonville can only get better on both sides of the ball, and they’d be foolish to waste draft and FA capital on their backfield, so he’s an easy Top 8 RB for me next year.

As the poster above mentions, you also forgot Kelce, but I figured that was just an oversight and not really relevant.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

There were people dumb enough to take him in the 2nd this season so anything is possible

Taylor has been a lot better than the player you selected in the second round.

10 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

There were people dumb enough to take him in the 2nd this season so anything is possible

I got thoroughly trolled when I joined this site for pumping the brakes on taylor. Anyone with common sense knew he was being overdrafted. Thanks to the posters who didn't tear me a new one for exercising common sense in the wake of fantasy hype.

• Like 1