Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, fluffy69 said:

I got thoroughly trolled when I joined this site for pumping the brakes on taylor. Anyone with common sense knew he was being overdrafted. Thanks to the posters who didn't tear me a new one for exercising common sense in the wake of fantasy hype.

Your apology would be more topical if Taylor had been overdrafted.  In fact, he is well on his way to becoming a league winner and one of the draft's biggest steals.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Your apology would be more topical if Taylor had been overdrafted.  In fact, he is well on his way to becoming a league winner and one of the draft's biggest steals.

Taysom Hill for free off the wire represents exponentially more value as a QB play over Taylor drafted anywhere at RB. But you do you.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Taysom Hill for free off the wire represents exponentially more value as a QB play over Taylor drafted anywhere at RB. But you do you.

Yeah because productive QBs are SO hard to find in 12 team, one QB leagues that most people play in.

And top 5 running backs (for the last three weeks, and likely to continue, going forward) grow on trees.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to look at JT over the 2nd half of the season. Stats can be deceptive. JT is a rookie (D Montgomery is not) and he has been time sharing throughout the year. He did not look very good over the 1st half but last 3 games he has played (granted bad run defenses) real well. At the moment I don’t feel he is a 1st rounder but he could be if he continues the way he has played recently. 
 

all I can say is I am a happy owner playing him right now! We’ll see how it turns out🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deejay said:

We need to look at JT over the 2nd half of the season. Stats can be deceptive. JT is a rookie (D Montgomery is not) and he has been time sharing throughout the year. He did not look very good over the 1st half but last 3 games he has played (granted bad run defenses) real well. At the moment I don’t feel he is a 1st rounder but he could be if he continues the way he has played recently. 
 

all I can say is I am a happy owner playing him right now! We’ll see how it turns out🤷🏻‍♂️

Good post, just want to add on that Taylor isn't the only back to do this. Mr. Montgomery himself was pretty worthless most season up to the last three weeks, then we got guys like Akers taking over. Maybe it's just rookies getting their stride or whatever, but late season RB pushes are not confined to just any one player. I like Taylor as a player but I would be hard pressed to take him as my first pick off the board.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Good post, just want to add on that Taylor isn't the only back to do this. Mr. Montgomery himself was pretty worthless most season up to the last three weeks, then we got guys like Akers taking over. Maybe it's just rookies getting their stride or whatever, but late season RB pushes are not confined to just any one player. I like Taylor as a player but I would be hard pressed to take him as my first pick off the board.

Yeah I think the learning curve for all rookie players, usually steep, was even worse this year with no OTAs, a limited camp, and no preseason.

Smart drafters in 2021 are likely going to consider the second half of the season more useful for assessing Taylor's prospects going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was honestly hoping for more... the Texans are god awful against RBs in every facet of the game (rushing, pass-catching, etc.).  Solid game, but not smash spot numbers you hope for.

 

Will be interested to see how he does next week; every one of his good games (even earlier in the season) have been in the cakiest of cake matchups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Was honestly hoping for more... the Texans are god awful against RBs in every facet of the game (rushing, pass-catching, etc.).  Solid game, but not smash spot numbers you hope for.

 

Will be interested to see how he does next week; every one of his good games (even earlier in the season) have been in the cakiest of cake matchups.

Tonight's game should be interesting.  Pitt D hasn't been the same since losing line backers and already weren't great against the run.  One LB might be back next week, but considering cincy can't do anything except run (and not well) it will be telling how this depleted line backing core handles the run game as a forecast for next week.  If any Cincy RB gets 60 yards this week (a tall task), managers shouldn't be scared next week..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Was honestly hoping for more... the Texans are god awful against RBs in every facet of the game (rushing, pass-catching, etc.).  Solid game, but not smash spot numbers you hope for.

 

Will be interested to see how he does next week; every one of his good games (even earlier in the season) have been in the cakiest of cake matchups.

 

I'll bet no one likes facing Pittsburgh, no one except Quentin Nelson, and Ryan Kelly. He'll tuck in behind those guys and give you a respectable day. Just wouldn't expect a huge ceiling type day. Definitely don't see league winner type performance. Maybe nice complimentary piece to the 2 or 3 best players on a league winner.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, fluffy69 said:

 

I'll bet no one likes facing Pittsburgh, no one except Quentin Nelson, and Ryan Kelly. He'll tuck in behind those guys and give you a respectable day. Just wouldn't expect a huge ceiling type day. Definitely don't see league winner type performance. Maybe nice complimentary piece to the 2 or 3 best players on a league winner.

 

Maybe, but him even being seen as a strong start in this matchup during championship week is way beyond where we were just a month or so ago.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree that PIT isn't likely to be a ceiling game, but one of the appeals of a guy with home run speed is that there's always the chance he can turn a solid week into a great one off one carry. He'll be hard to sit given he just saw a season high in snap share.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trilly said:

Agree that PIT isn't likely to be a ceiling game, but one of the appeals of a guy with home run speed is that there's always the chance he can turn a solid week into a great one off one carry. He'll be hard to sit given he just saw a season high in snap share.

You seeing CIN? JT is going to feast against this self imploding PIT team

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

You seeing CIN? JT is going to feast against this self imploding PIT team

Yeah, they're fishing in their depth charts for linebackers right now. You're right, the blowup potential is still there next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...