Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Finley threw the ball 13 times (!) last night, another sign the whole plan was to attack the steelers run D suggesting the truth of their weakness is out.

To be fair, if I had Ryan Finley against that secondary I'd throw the ball even less, but yeah attacking them via run is the way to go. Let's hope JT brings it home for us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, herschel said:

solid game against a tough defense.  coaching looked pretty poor in the second half and went away from him.  late season push will put him into second round territory next season i would think?

Yea 2nd round sounds about right, I'd love to have him there

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was only watching RedZone, but it seems like the coaches blew that game playing around. They were up 2 scores in the second half and should have controlled the clock and fed Taylor. Instead they got cute with Rivers and it cost them. I'd love to have Taylor again next year but the way he was used this year was so frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, herschel said:

solid game against a tough defense.  coaching looked pretty poor in the second half and went away from him.  late season push will put him into second round territory next season i would think?

Late first in some drafts I'd guess.  Expect huge volume next season.  Like Zeke volume.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could possibly keep this guy next year. The coaching staff scares me. While trying to prove that Hines is a guy who should get carries and pulling stupid stuff like yesterday's lack of runs is a worry. Reports said that Reich called run plays but pee river kept checking those runs to passes. Hard to tell right now. If mack returns I think he falls out of first. 2nd or 3rd is sweet though. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buckmcbuck said:

Could possibly keep this guy next year. The coaching staff scares me. While trying to prove that Hines is a guy who should get carries and pulling stupid stuff like yesterday's lack of runs is a worry. Reports said that Reich called run plays but pee river kept checking those runs to passes. Hard to tell right now. If mack returns I think he falls out of first. 2nd or 3rd is sweet though. 

Mack is a FA...very hard to see them resigning him. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Watched the entire game. Spineless play-calling stopped him from having a huge day. They lost a very winnable game. 

I saw JT had like 16 points or so at the half in my league, and I thought going into halftime he was gonna easily get over 30 Why Indy didn't ride the hot hand so to speak in the 2nd half with a 2 score lead is anyone's guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I saw JT had like 16 points or so at the half in my league, and I thought going into halftime he was gonna easily get over 30 Why Indy didn't ride the hot hand so to speak in the 2nd half with a 2 score lead is anyone's guess.

 

Simple. They panicked. Steelers hit back, a couple of easy 3 and outs, and they immediately gave up on the run game.

They need to watch a few Titans games, and learn to use Taylor the way the Titans use Henry. Keep him in the game at all times and use him to kill clock when you've got a lead. Instead, they were playing 'hero ball' with 50 year old, father of 12, Philip rivers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

 

Simple. They panicked. Steelers hit back, a couple of easy 3 and outs, and they immediately gave up on the run game.

They need to watch a few Titans games, and learn to use Taylor the way the Titans use Henry. Keep him in the game at all times and use him to kill clock when you've got a lead. Instead, they were playing 'hero ball' with 50 year old, father of 12, Philip rivers.

Nailed it Pred.  
 

Many teams seem to forget that the simplest path to victory is to find an advantage and exploit it over and again until the opponent is forced to drastically change defensive tactics.   Then you work those 1on1 wr matchups.   
 

gotta be excited for JTs future.   The endless stream of doubters who confused talented with familiarity in the system and opportunity can crawl back in the hole of shame.   👀 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Right now I feel as If I am Rocky driving in my vehicle after Apollo Creed died. There is no easy way out, but I am starting him.

Still my favorite post of the FF season 

 

bravo 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A a Colts diehard and JTaylor owner Sunday was brutal.  JT still got me 20, but to see the Colts completely abandon him and then choke away the game was maddening.  I love Reich but that was a disaster.   That strategy Made no sense to anyone. Now we’re still fighting for the last Playoff spot.  DUMB. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 11:19 AM, Cleanface said:

A a Colts diehard and JTaylor owner Sunday was brutal.  JT still got me 20, but to see the Colts completely abandon him and then choke away the game was maddening.  I love Reich but that was a disaster.   That strategy Made no sense to anyone. Now we’re still fighting for the last Playoff spot.  DUMB. 

Reich said that Phillip audibled out of some Taylor runs.  That sounds about right.  I hope the Colts O-line gets healthier, and Rivers moves on, in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 2:02 PM, Buckmcbuck said:

 yesterday's lack of runs is a worry. Reports said that Reich called run plays but pee river kept checking those runs to passes.

 

Here is one of those reports:

Quote

As for why the Colts kept passing – 26 pass calls in the second half, just eight running plays – Reich and Rivers both said some calls were made at the line of scrimmage, by Rivers, after he surveyed the Steelers’ defense. And they defended those calls, saying the 2020 Indianapolis Colts offense has made its bones by taking what the defense has given it. That’s true. And the Steelers, Reich and Rivers agreed, were giving them the pass.

“I don’t know if that’s so much getting away from the run,” Rivers said when I asked him why the Colts went away from the run. “(Against) our three-wide personnel, they were in base defense – and there’s not a lot of good runs against that.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2020/12/27/colts-vs-steelers-colts-blow-17-point-lead-after-bizarre-play-calling-shift/4029515001/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Reich said that Phillip audibled out of some Taylor runs.  That sounds about right.  I hope the Colts O-line gets healthier, and Rivers moves on, in 2021.

 

Do you think a QB like Carson would improve this team?  Personally, I think for fantasy purposes we hope Rivers returns for 2021.  Otherwise I think this offense takes a huge step back.  A full offseason together (covid permitting), I think could really benefit J. Tay/Hilton/Pitt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kdko said:

 

Do you think a QB like Carson would improve this team?  Personally, I think for fantasy purposes we hope Rivers returns for 2021.  Otherwise I think this offense takes a huge step back.  A full offseason together (covid permitting), I think could really benefit J. Tay/Hilton/Pitt.

As an Eagles fan, Carson was HORRIBLE this year but so was our Oline and receiving core because of injuries. It doesn't get talked about enough. I don't think he should stick around Philly (things have gone too sour, and personally I think his implosion had more to do with just the talent around him), but I by no means think he's done as a QB. I think he'd rebound very well in Indy with the awesome Oline and what should be a strong run game for the foreseeable future. Just make sure the guy has some damn weapons smh. 

Edited by USWAY
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

26 passes v. 8 runs in the 2nd half while leading is totally Phillip and totally unacceptable.  The man has been blowing almost incomprehensible leads in this fashion for his entire career.  Phillip has never won anything and he never will win anything.  For Taylor, for the Colts, and for fantasy, they need to make a change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, USWAY said:

As an Eagles fan, Carson was HORRIBLE this year but so was our Oline and receiving core because of injuries. It doesn't get talked about enough. I don't think he should stick around Philly (things have gone too sour, and personally I think his implosion had more to do with just the talent around him), but I by no means think he's done as a QB. I think he'd rebound very well in Indy with the awesome Oline and what should be a strong run game for the foreseeable future. Just make sure the guy has some damn weapons smh. 

 

I have serious doubts Wentz will ever psychological recover from what has happened in Philly.  Having an MVP like season only to have your backup tear through the playoffs and win the Superbowl and Superbowl MVP.  Then subsequently playing worse, and worse until you lose your starting job to the backup and sit your a** on the bench being paid as much as you do.  J-Tay could have an MG3 like season next year coupled with Rivers next year, which would make him a solid top 5 back.  I'll pay handsomely if Rivers is there under center next year, i'll probably fade a bit if they bring in Wentz or another QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

26 passes v. 8 runs in the 2nd half while leading is totally Phillip and totally unacceptable.  The man has been blowing almost incomprehensible leads in this fashion for his entire career.  Phillip has never won anything and he never will win anything.  For Taylor, for the Colts, and for fantasy, they need to make a change.

 

We're talking fantasy here.  Obviously real life performance decides who's there next year, but who is a QB that benefits RB's more than Rivers?  Wentz?  Yeah right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kdko said:

 

We're talking fantasy here.  Obviously real life performance decides who's there next year, but who is a QB that benefits RB's more than Rivers?  Wentz?  Yeah right.

If Rivers audibles out of runs for an entire half of football, and he will, that's NOT going to be good for Taylor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...