NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Klientel said:

I wouldn’t take him in round one until there is some clarity with Marlon Mack. When Mack comes back there will be 3 RBs in the mix there. 

Mack’s career is over. He tore his achilles, he is done.

• Like 1

Obviously everyone calling him a first rounder is on the assumption Mack is gone. In the unlikely chance he returns, it'll be a huge hit to both of their values.

Edited by trilly
7 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Yeah, he was already beaten up the last several years as it is... this was definitely the deaths knell

8 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Ya sad to say but I think you’re 100% right. I can’t think of a single RB who had this injury that came back and was good. It’s hard to think of any athlete in general.

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Ya sad to say but I think you’re 100% right. I can’t think of a single RB who had this injury that came back and was good. It’s hard to think of any athlete in general.

Well recover in general: Emmanuel Sanders seems to have done pretty well, and linemen and other positions have also recovered, but RBs... There is the story of Curtis Martin, but his Achilles tear was in College.

• Thanks 1

This was macks last year of his contract.   This was his year to ball out and get paid.  Tough luck for the kid.   Having said that why would colts bring back a rb fresh off Achilles injury when your high draft pick just balled out? I just don't see him in colts uniform next year.  Hines comes in at 2 mill next year he'll be back....wilkins comes in just under 1 mill he should be back ...that's about 3 mill for your back up rbs...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Farfromhome said:

"This was Mack's last year of his contract. This was his year to ball out and get paid. Tough luck for the kid. Having said that why would colts bring back a rb fresh off Achilles injury when your high draft pick just balled out? I just don't see him in colts uniform next year. ..."

Pretty sure he's been there & done that, to no avail. Players look to establish their worth to negotiate an extension before their contract is up. They want to go out & perform with some longer term security & signing unrestricted RBs when their market value is at a premium is something GMs tend to avoid. But even before Mack got hurt the Colts weren't looking to pick up his option year. If memory serves, there were a lot of us here who liked him before the red flags were all aflutter. For us, unless nothing goes his way, he's going to be a familiar name to click & I suspect a mid-round choice, which is too high for me. However, it's easy to envision a situation where he becomes a priority add.      

I could see a late rounder maybe to challenge Wilkins, but the way Hines and Taylor finished the season, there's no reason for Indy to feel like another high usage RB is a need.   

• Like 1