Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Cousins has gushed about him in a few post game interviews. And he’s starting. All I need to start him with some exceptions 

 

 


If all you need is a starting spot and some nice words from the QB, then that’s your decision.
 

Some of us like to make conclusions based more off what actually happens on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

God why did Seattle have to suck so much in the defensive running game.......

My fear is ATL is the same and MIN decides to just run Mattison/Boone (or Cook if he's back) all day again.

By the way, has Cousins always been a one-read guy? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

My fear is ATL is the same and MIN decides to just run Mattison/Boone (or Cook if he's back) all day again.

By the way, has Cousins always been a one-read guy? 

 

Cousins has always been terrible, yes.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:


If all you need is a starting spot and some nice words from the QB, then that’s your decision.
 

Some of us like to make conclusions based more off what actually happens on the field.

Keep chasing points and looking at targets in a vacuum.  Let me know how that works out for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


 

Some of us like to make conclusions based more off what actually happens on the field.

His 278 yards the previous two weeks also happened on the field. Too many fantasy players always sit boom and bust players right after they bust, guaranteeing that if the players alternately boom and bust (as often happens) that they will often sit the player when they boom, then react after they boom and get them back in the lineup for a bust. 

Edited by TuesdaymorningQB
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Keep chasing points and looking at targets in a vacuum.  Let me know how that works out for you.


Chasing points? Isn’t that what you’re doing with Jefferson?

 

Fact: The Vikings throw less than any other team in the league except the Ravens

 

Fact: JJ has ONE Red Zone Target in 5 games

 

Fact: JJ has more than 5 Total targets once this season

 

Fact: Right now the way the Vikings are using him, if he doesn’t hit on a long play or two, you’re almost certainly getting next to nothing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


Chasing points? Isn’t that what you’re doing with Jefferson?

 

Fact: The Vikings throw less than any other team in the league except the Ravens

 

Fact: JJ has ONE Red Zone Target in 5 games

 

Fact: JJ has more than 5 Total targets once this season

 

Fact: Right now the way the Vikings are using him, if he doesn’t hit on a long play or two, you’re almost certainly getting next to nothing.

Doesn't he lead all Vikings WR in first downs?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


Do you get extra points in your league for first downs?
 

I don’t.

Come on man you know that's not why I put that it.  It's another on-the-field factor.  Sheesh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Come on man you know that's not why I put that it.  It's another on-the-field factor.  Sheesh.


It’s an on-the-field factor for the Vikings but not for most fantasy leagues.
 

My assessment has nothing to do with the player... I think he’s talented and has a bright future.  It has to do with his fantasy outlook, and for me he’s not an every week starter until they start making an effort to use him more on underneath routes and in the red zone.  You can’t bank on a 50-yd catch every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That one hurt. I could have started literally anyone else in the flex spot and won. Not his fault, Minny just fell in love with the run. Still believe in him, but it looks like it'll come with ups and downs fantasy wise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DM45 said:

That one hurt. I could have started literally anyone else in the flex spot and won. Not his fault, Minny just fell in love with the run. Still believe in him, but it looks like it'll come with ups and downs fantasy wise. 

Kirk cousins looks at 1 read all game, run Thielen, and thats it. Next game it could be all Jefferson, but Kirk throwing that INT towards Jefferson made him disappear. I started him over Aj Brown and im looking like an idiot, but its not Jeffersons fault. Its the bad QB

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

what are we thinking? he was a blow up spot for seattle but put up a dud. this ATL been good for any offense. packers went off... last week dj moore, mike davis and robby anderson went off. safe to say thielen, mattison and jefferson should eat?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting him but I don't like it (have to). He'd be a must start in any other offense, but the Vikings are run first and Kirk Cousins is terrified of throwing the ball at times, unfortunately. He's also never in for any redzone plays so just have to hope he burns the D for a long bomb on a play action.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, INFAMOUS_OH10 said:

Starting today thinking maybe Mattison isn't as effective running the ball and Cousins looks Jefferson's way more than last week, 🤞

Against Atlanta there is plenty to share. Let's just hope Cousins shares today and not be so locked in on Thielen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Against Atlanta there is plenty to share. Let's just hope Cousins shares today and not be so locked in on Thielen.


I think they run all over ATL today. They won’t be hesitant to give the ball to Mattison 35 times since they expect to get Cook back after the bye.

 

Jefferson will need a big play to return WR2 or better value... I anticipate 6 or less targets incoming.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...