NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

On 11/2/2020 at 12:04 PM, dorwell said:

Seems like it. Detroit is below average against the run. Not sure how strong their corners are.

Yuck, can Cook please travel the world or so? 

Next games, defense against the run (trend, last 3 games):

Chi: 19th

Dal: 18th

CAR: 8th

JAX: 26th

Bucs: 13th

Bears: 19th

As long as Cooks is healthy and in town this doesn't look good for Thielen and Jefferson.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is that he has seemingly passed Thielen as Cousin's first read. Unfortunately, he has had a TD taken away by blatant PI (that were called and set Cook up for a 1 yard run in) both the game prior and the one last night. Unfortunate, but it happens.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, activeobserver said:

Its not his fault lol, Cooks ruins his value. I've been watching the games and when targeted the kids an absolute stud. 

Just wait Minnesota will fall behind and have to lean on Justin Jefferson... The hard part is what games will those be?

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Or you never start them.

They can be very matchup dependent.  Not just the players matchup but your fantasy team's matchup on the week.... If you're playing a team you may need some extra help against then fire up the boom or bust players.  If you're playing a team you should beat then you can take a more conservative approach and play the safer floor player.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Just wait Minnesota will fall behind and have to lean on Justin Jefferson... The hard part is what games will those be?

Maybe not necessarily fall behind but if teams are successful in containing cook. Perhaps matches against the bears and bucs maybe good weeks to start jefferson?

23 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

They can be very matchup dependent.  Not just the players matchup but your fantasy team's matchup on the week.... If you're playing a team you may need some extra help against then fire up the boom or bust players.  If you're playing a team you should beat then you can take a more conservative approach and play the safer floor player.

Agreed. I was just playing devil’s advocate to the previous poster’s comment.

The fact that Jefferson is a “must-start” because he’s going to have some boom weeks is laughable.

Call me crazy, but I actually like his outlook going forward. Even with the low volume yesterday, he did OK (7.9 points in 0.5 PPR), and he had a chance for a much bigger day if not for a PI that set the team up at the 1-yard line.

I'm also curious as to how many of Cook's runs come vs. stacked boxes. I think he had one of the higher %'s last year, though Henry was even higher; if that's true this year too, maybe teams load up even more than they already are with Cook going absolutely nuclear and take their chances vs. MIN's passing game.

• Like 1

I really dont know what to do with this guy. Too talented to drop. Too hit or miss to start. I keep looking for excuses to bench him. In easy matchups they run too much. In hard matchups, will Cousins be able to target him? Hate the matchup this week vs CHI.

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I really dont know what to do with this guy. Too talented to drop. Too hit or miss to start. I keep looking for excuses to bench him. In easy matchups they run too much. In hard matchups, will Cousins be able to target him? Hate the matchup this week vs CHI.

I think he's just one of those guys where, unless you're absolutely stacked at the position, you just gotta take the good with the bad and have faith that the odds will end up being that he has more positive than negative weeks. He should've had a TD this week but got interfered with in the EZ. Also, this week's matchup might seem bad at first glance, but if Chicago keeps Cook in check, it could open things up for Jefferson.

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

How does everyone feel about JJ tomorrow? Any chance of Cousins getting to throw a 30+ times? The matchup is brutal. 

I couldn't justify starting him despite tons of bye weeks and ended up dropping him.

7 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Really?

WR17 in standard

WR22 in PPR

Capable of blow up games. 

Yeah 3 double digit games all season and him being my WR5 i couldn't justify holding but im sure he'll be scooped up.

Kirk Cousins is 0-9 lifetime MNF with just 11TD and 6 interceptions. Throw in the less than favorable matchup and the form of Dalvin Cook feels like a risky start with Jefferson. Always a chance he snags a long TD reception but all up odds are against him having a good performance.

• Like 3