NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Is there any indication of Thielen missing next week yet? Also if Cook misses time, this high end WR2 is a WR1 until futher notice. Easy to see he would be the best player on the team

Supposedly he's had 2 positive tests and 2 negative tests. So it's up in the air right now. If he's for sure positive, he still has a chance of playing next week as if he's asymptomatic, the 10 day window would have passed. If they are false positives, obviously, he plays next week. So I'd say it's likely that he plays next week, but won't know for sure until they figure out the tests.

1 hour ago, WVFalcon said:

He was getting redzone targets which is something I was hoping to see with Thielen out. The route running on that second TD was exquisite. I would expect Thielen to play next week, but I'm hoping the redzone looks continue.

Would be great to get JJ as the WR1 in this offense for one more week 

2 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

What a stud. Did he get more uncatchable targets though? He usually catches almost every target, but he only came down with 7 of 13 targets yesterday.

I didn't see the whole game but I remember a couple that were basically throw aways by Cousins under pressure, plus a red zone target that was just well defended.

18 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

He was getting redzone targets which is something I was hoping to see with Thielen out. The route running on that second TD was exquisite. I would expect Thielen to play next week, but I'm hoping the redzone looks continue.

Let's not forget Irv Smith was out too. He got 2 redzone targets (2 TD) two weeks ago. If he is back this could also mean fewer targets in the RZ.

• Thanks 1

I'm honestly a little surprised to see JJ ranked so highly across the board. I might regret this, but I'm benching him this week against the Jags. I imagine game script will favor the run game, we may see Cousins throw only 20 passes or so. I'd also like to see JJ get some red zone targets while Thielen is playing. Irv Smith being out gives me some hope that JJ will get some more work, but I think I'll go against the grain and roll with Claypool this week.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Poopyfist said:

I'm honestly a little surprised to see JJ ranked so highly across the board. I might regret this, but I'm benching him this week against the Jags. I imagine game script will favor the run game, we may see Cousins throw only 20 passes or so. I'd also like to see JJ get some red zone targets while Thielen is playing. Irv Smith being out gives me some hope that JJ will get some more work, but I think I'll go against the grain and roll with Claypool this week.

Possibly, but with Cook banged up and Mattison out, I could see them throwing a little more than usual (unless they actually give Abdullah a lot of run).

He had a 48 yard reception negated on OPI in overtime too. It was about as borderline as it gets, but it further illustrates how he is just scratching the surface of how dominant he can actually be--even in a scheme that does not come close to maximizing his skills. Just an absolute total package WR alpha.

• Like 2
Just now, thebadferret said:

In dynasty he already is I*d say. Know some dynasty experts who put him over DK and AJ Brown right behind Adams and Hill.

i'll second those sentiments ...

and the back end of redrafts will not be so scary next season with this kid readily available in those slots 👍