NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the problem. Too many mouths to feed with Irv also in the mix and good defensive pressure on Kirk = mediocre game for Jefferson (granted: for Thielen too). It sounds crazy but I'm thinking of benching him against a tough Chicago secondary.

[...] silly for a guy with his stats for someone to say the problem is too many mouths...He has gotten it done all gd year...yesterday's hurt I agree but seriously dudes been top 15... so can't trust any wrs then

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Cost me yesterday but silly for a guy with his stats for someone to say the problem is too many mouths...He has gotten it done all gd year...yesterday's hurt I agree but seriously dudes been top 15... so can't trust any wrs then

He is a great player and a fantastic ww pickup but the last argument is simply not true. [...] he had a couple of these mediocre games over the season. And for the first part I'm not sure if you followed the last 4 weeks closely you noticed that Smith was missing all these weeks (one week with Thielen missing too). He is redzone guy and therefor a threat for Jeffersons value. That certainly doesn't mean JJ couldn't have a good game without a TD but it's harder to accomplish.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
36 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's playing. But they have 2 other starting CBs that are very questionable (DNPs all week) and there slot corner has already been ruled OUT.

Thats good news for Jefferson, but Cook has been seeing more and more volume. Im hoping for a shootout otherwise itll take Jefferson deep bomb catch to get those pts.

Going into next season he's obviously a must have in keeper leagues, but where does everyone think he goes in redraft? 3rd round maybe, possibly 2nd? Kind of sucks he is stuck in this offense and with Cousins, but he showed he can produce even with that. If the Vikings improve on defense in the offseason that could make them even more run oriented though. 

19 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

Going into next season he's obviously a must have in keeper leagues, but where does everyone think he goes in redraft? 3rd round maybe, possibly 2nd? Kind of sucks he is stuck in this offense and with Cousins, but he showed he can produce even with that. If the Vikings improve on defense in the offseason that could make them even more run oriented though. 

Wouldnt take him before the 3rd. 

1 hour ago, KCTD25 said:

I'd probably take him in the 3rd or 4th.  As you noted, the team he's on, as well as Cousins' love for Thielen in the red zone, will make Jefferson a bit inconsistent.  High WR2 with WR1 upside.    

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

He is WR6 in this early yahoo ranking. Early third round pick for 12 team leagues. https://www.yahoo.com/now/2021-fantasy-football-rankings-way-too-early-top-40-213034086.html

Some of this is awful (MT outside of the top ten WRs!), but I think they have Jefferson in the right spot. He's definitely in that mid tier WR1 group.