NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Every year for the past 3 years, Cousins has been able to support two solid WRs in MIN.  I am putting my #5 waiver in for him. They are a run dominant team, but Cousins likes to sling it too.  The Vikings have been awful so far this year, but Cousins has been able to rebound in the past.  I think the emergence of Jefferson could be the spark they need

I mean Diggs was so up and down last year due to Cousins. Very volatile. Would love to have him, but not at what he’s going to be going for. JJ should be a decent WR3 though with upside. He’s probably got the same upside as Higgins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean Diggs was so up and down last year due to Cousins. Very volatile. Would love to have him, but not at what he’s going to be going for. JJ should be a decent WR3 though with upside. He’s probably got the same upside as Higgins.

True. I'm not saying JJ is going to be a seamless every week starter, but a more than viable fill-in? Why not! The talent and opportunity potential are both there, regardless of how bad Cousins has been

Just now, FitzMagic said:

yeah my move for this week is grab alshon jeffrey...old but he will be defacto number 1...desean jackson didnt pan out but i believe this one will...i like JJ but like fizmagic said diggs was so up and down last year id rather let someone else deal with the headache..

12 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

That was with a top defense. Seems like the overall sentiment is that the Vikings can't lean on their defense/run game anymore and will be forced to sling it to get Ws.

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Is the upside here that he is the wr1 in the offense and thielen goes back to his comfortable slot role? We looking at a top 24 play every week?

I know the history with Burrow and huge last season says slot is his place but the three biggest plays last week were from the outside.  And those jump ball skills are readily apparent. He's the complete package and whichever personnel package he'll be in there. I wouldn't go nuts on last week because he knew exactly how to beat Fulton but the skills and now opportunity are there for him to be top 24 for sure.  

As far as "every week" I'd lean no on that if only because MIN is really a run first team.  Always lower floor for non-super elite week to week.

44 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Is the upside here that he is the wr1 in the offense and thielen goes back to his comfortable slot role? We looking at a top 24 play every week?

Both of them do their most damage from the slot. I’d heard that Jefferson played more slot than Theilen this week so I just wonder if they take turns throughout games & there really is no WR1 in MIN anymore

1 hour ago, Power-O said:

im not sure if im going to pull the trigger on this one...he is not the main guy and the vikings havent been an offensive powerhouse...what do you guys think?

The Vikings defense is the youngest in the league and it'll be a steep learning curve. Vikings will be playing from behind a lot. 

Sincerely,

A disheartened Vikings fan

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
18 hours ago, Mmiller186 said:

Look at his schedule, looks juicy until week 14. Might go all out on this kid.

think this sold me on #1 waiver.

next 3 weeks hou, sea, atl. will have to put up major pts for min to have a shot at winning

bye

gb +

det +

chi :(

dal+

car +

jax ? has played trash wr so far. ind, ten (no aj), and thur night preston/parker, fitz 18/20

[...] Is he a guy that could become a weekly starter moving forward, or more just a bench stash for depth that you could maybe play if you really needed to? [...] how much priority are you putting on trying to pick up this guy if he isn't already owned by someone?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed FAAB question. FAAB is highly league context-dependent, which is why FAAB questions go in AC.
10 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Where was he lining up on most of his plays, and on his carches - outside or slot?

Overall he played 51-of-65 snaps 78%

Route ran on 91% of dropbacks with a 33.3% target share

Bisi Johnson played 5 total snaps

From what I have read JJ played the vast majority of his snaps on the outside, Thielen too, as it was Beebe in the slot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Power-O said:

im sadly buyin into this guy...i see shootouts in the future lol

I'd buy in at the right price. The right price just doesn't exist this early in the season for such a deep position. I think he will be no worse than a WR3. On the days Cousins is right then the sky is the limit.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Explain please.

His week 3 performance just seems like an anomaly. That's not MINs game. Diggs frustrated people. This kid is not Diggs. He'll go back to 2-30 / 3-30 and people will drop him. People expect monster games every week. They get fed up with people they drafted in the early rounds. They won't be patient with this guy.