Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

I didn't do my homework this season, but I've been watching a lot of videos, and a lot of people have been making a mistake that he's a slot receiver, he's so much more than that, dude can run any route. Soon as he lines up outside he is a different animal.

 

Does anyone know where to get the stats for the different routes he ran this past Sunday? I see people post these squiggly line stat photos from time to time, next gen stats? But not sure what link

 

Edit****** Found it******

spacer.png

 

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting a repeat of last week, but what are people's thoughts on JJ not being able to prepare this week? I'd be more confident if he took that momentum into practice all week and solidified that WR2 role.

 

On the other hand, I remember dropping buckets in a basketball game and couldn't miss. That week of practice I couldn't miss either. The game the weekend after I couldn't hit anything.....

 

We shall see.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sweeknee said:

I'm not expecting a repeat of last week, but what are people's thoughts on JJ not being able to prepare this week? I'd be more confident if he took that momentum into practice all week and solidified that WR2 role.

 

On the other hand, I remember dropping buckets in a basketball game and couldn't miss. That week of practice I couldn't miss either. The game the weekend after I couldn't hit anything.....

 

We shall see.

OAaRV.gif

Practice makes perfect.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sweeknee said:

On the other hand, I remember dropping buckets in a basketball game and couldn't miss. That week of practice I couldn't miss either. The game the weekend after I couldn't hit anything.....

Did u not catch the passes to u that game as well? Basketball is not football and you are not a pro athlete. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I didn't do my homework this season, but I've been watching a lot of videos, and a lot of people have been making a mistake that he's a slot receiver, he's so much more than that, dude can run any route. Soon as he lines up outside he is a different animal.

 

Does anyone know where to get the stats for the different routes he ran this past Sunday? I see people post these squiggly line stat photos from time to time, next gen stats? But not sure what link

 

Edit****** Found it******

spacer.png

 

 

That YAC tho !

You love to see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Did u not catch the passes to u that game as well? Basketball is not football and you are not a pro athlete. 

Right...with your logic then a Wide Receiver in the NFL should produce the exact same stat line week after week because they aren't playing basketball and are a pro athlete. Noted.

 

It's called repetition. Especially important for a rookie...who has only started one game....without an offseason...

 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sweeknee said:

Right...with your logic then a Wide Receiver in the NFL should produce the exact same stat line week after week because they aren't playing basketball and are a pro athlete. Noted.

 

It's called repetition. Especially important for a rookie...who has only started one game....without an offseason...

 

[...]

Vikings are planning on opening practice facilities Thursday, he will get his practice time in.

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Dude looks good! Makes fools out of those defenders!

Hoping for the Chris Harris formula here: talent draws targets. JJ’s talent pops off the screen. 
 

So psyched to have this guy. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not typically one who puts a WW pickup straight from free agency to being in my starting line-up, but JJ might have a better chance than any other with the COVID postponement and additional injuries.  The next 3 weeks look juicy

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, brosephd said:

dude can easily come away as the best rookie receiver in regards to his current opportunity. 

Yeah I thought it was between him and Ruggs but looks like it will be Lamb and JJ. JJ should have a better year than Jeudy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked him up today off waivers. Saw the highlight reels from last week and oh boy that TD catch making two defenders miss was a beaut. I hope he secures himself firmly in the eyes of Cousins as defenders try to limit Thielen. Now only if Kirk could get more comfortable slinging it over the season!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

With MT out, looks like I'm slipping ol boy into the lineup!!!

Yeah man I'm on the fence. Who did you take JJ over for week 4? [...] He's a rookie with a small sample size so I feel like his floor is still pretty low for now. However that ceiling.... I know his team isn't very good, but with the bad D, that can actually work to his advantage. Is he this years McLaurin? Bad team, talented your guy. Is that too aggressive? I'd like to wait another week to see but am in a spot with Godwin so am considering pulling the trigger. Go JJ

Edited by tonycpsu
Complaint about moderation removed.
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Yeah man I'm on the fence. Who did you take JJ over for week 4? [...] He's a rookie with a small sample size so I feel like his floor is still pretty low for now. However that ceiling.... I know his team isn't very good, but with the bad D, that can actually work to his advantage. Is he this years McLaurin? Bad team, talented your guy. Is that too aggressive? I'd like to wait another week to see but am in a spot with Godwin so am considering pulling the trigger. Go JJ

Might take him over DJ Moore this week as a yolo play. His upside and ceiling is just as high even with a less favourable target share.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Yeah man I'm on the fence. Who did you take JJ over for week 4? [...] He's a rookie with a small sample size so I feel like his floor is still pretty low for now. However that ceiling.... I know his team isn't very good, but with the bad D, that can actually work to his advantage. Is he this years McLaurin? Bad team, talented your guy. Is that too aggressive? I'd like to wait another week to see but am in a spot with Godwin so am considering pulling the trigger. Go JJ

 

He is in my flex, I got Hopkins Boyd Gage Ward and MT who's out, dobbins white and ward are my only options at flex and I think I'm going with Jefferson, injuries uncertainties, just may get a shootout in this game

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fortunate enough to not have to start him this week. I'd like to see another solid outing from him before I'd feel comfortable with him in a flex spot. I think he's overtaken Lamb as the best looking rookie WR so far this year - and I think he's in a great scenario. Reminds of the the White->Julio and now Julio->Ridley passings of the torch in ATL. But let's not forget he is still a rookie, and I'm looking at last week more as a long-term hint of what's to come, but not as an indicator that Jefferson has arrived already. I expect him to come back down to Earth this week. Of course, if I'm wrong, and he stays in orbit - I'll be as happy as anyone as he was my last round draft pick this year :)

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting tidbit on JJ:

Jefferson's breakout day, which featured seven catches for 175 yards and a touchdown, was the third-most receiving yards compiled by a Vikings rookie in a game. He's way more than a slot receiver, which the Vikings knew when they drafted him. The offense showed its belief in Jefferson by lining him up on the outside on 45 plays versus Tennessee where he'd be tested and ultimately win his matchups against No. 1 corners. "We need to continue to ask more of him," offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak said. "He's shown every indication that he can handle it."

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

How's the matchup with Houston looking? I keep hearing from experts that Minnys D is very bad and will have to throw to keep up. It seems like Kubes and Zimmer aren't wired that way and want it to be the Dalvin Cook show. What are you guys (and girls) thinking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...