Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JAG_challam said:

I for real just got an alert from Yahoo fantasy:

"Justin Jefferson started off 2020 HOT but has cooled since..."

WTF are those idiots doing over there, and how can I get a job where I can be that wrong???

I dont get it... he's been producing for 2 weeks straight. How is that cooling off?

12 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

I for real just got an alert from Yahoo fantasy:

"Justin Jefferson started off 2020 HOT but has cooled since..."

WTF are those idiots doing over there, and how can I get a job where I can be that wrong???

Thought the exact same thing when I saw.

Clown noses on!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Foppatosakic said:

A mix of gamescripted out and bad weather. Tough to trust but the next matchup is juicy.

Thielen wasn’t “gamescripted out” Or bothered by the bad weather.

It’s not Jefferson’s fault, but the only guys on this offense who are weekly starts are whoever is starting at RB and Thielen.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He’s very talented, but in this offense he isn’t yet used in enough ways to make him a reliable start.

He wasn’t even on the field for a lot of red zone sets.

Well that’s just not true. Many red zone packages only have one WR anyways.

Usage is fine. He’s a starter. Tonight’s game was a predictable trap game especially with Dunbar returning to cover him. And Roby did shut him down last week after he got his catches.

Kirk tunneled in on Theilen which is always a risk. 

He’s still a weekly start (and no brainer start next week) and Kirk loves him. Not worried in the least.

Edited by Magoo
17 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Usage is fine. He’s a starter. Tonight’s game was a predictable trap game especially with Dunbar returning to cover him. And Roby did shut him down last week after he got his catches.

He’s still a weekly start (and no brainer start next week) and Kirk loves him. Not worried in the least.

Many RZ packages also have two or three WR's. It certainly was a true statement if he wasn't on the field for most of the RZ sets.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Many RZ packages also have two or three WR's. It certainly was a true statement if he wasn't on the field for most of the RZ sets.

The not true was in response to not being used in enough ways. Not whether he was in red zone sets or not. 

19 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I don’t think it’s accurate to say “Kirk loves him” (at least not in terms of targets).

He’s only had more than 5 targets once so far, and he’s mainly a field stretcher... reminds me of the way they used Diggs last year.

I think his upside is 2019 AJ Brown (which of course we’d all take), but that type of efficiency is hard to replicate.

Also, most of us got him off the wire or with a late round pick, so it’s fair to evaluate whether he’s worth starting over other solid options we probably drafted higher.

19 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I don’t think it’s accurate to say “Kirk loves him” (at least not in terms of targets).

He’s only had more than 5 targets once so far, and he’s mainly a field stretcher... reminds me of the way they used Diggs last year.

I think his upside is 2019 AJ Brown (which of course we’d all take), but that type of efficiency is hard to replicate.

Also, most of us got him off the wire or with a late round pick, so it’s fair to evaluate whether he’s worth starting over other solid options we probably drafted higher.

Cousins has gushed about him in a few post game interviews. And he’s starting. All I need to start him with some exceptions