Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Denzel Mims 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn’t read past this paradox. Tried.

According to a tweet by Pat Mayo, and referenced on The Athletic Fantasy Football Podcast by Jake Ciely: Since 2005 there have been 17 times that a team has been a 14.5 + underdog. In those games

The very intriguing part of his size/talent and the gut feeling he’s gonna be special right away if given opportunity and get better play from the QB position. Mims is 6’3” 207, he’s a speed demon who

I mean their OL did improve a whole lot than last season (so much better) and it will be Darnold's third season. This could be the year he breaks out if he really is the real deal. Target share will def be there for Mims, but how much time is he gonna get to practice with Darnold during this pandemic? That's the real question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gohawks said:

There aren’t a lot of set in stone rules for fantasy football but avoiding players that play for a crackhead coach is one of them. 

 

think DYNASTY! --- gase will be gone before mimsy finishes his sophomore year

giphy.gif?w=696&ssl=1

 

15 hours ago, sSektor said:

Did Gase get fired yet?

 

coming soon

ZBAGnSb.gif

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pros of Mims landing on the Jets:
- his biggest competitors are Jamison Crowder and Quincy Enunwa who never topped 900 yds

Cons of Mims landing on the Jets
- Darnold is still rough and has barely topped 3000 yds (or 13 games)
- Gase is not just rough, he's wretched. His offenses after the Manning era have been... well, offensive.
- It's still the Jets. They had 2 winning seasons in the past decade, and I'm not convinced they feel the need to become better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Pros of Mims landing on the Jets:
- his biggest competitors are Jamison Crowder and Quincy Enunwa who never topped 900 yds

Cons of Mims landing on the Jets
- Darnold is still rough and has barely topped 3000 yds (or 13 games)
- Gase is not just rough, he's wretched. His offenses after the Manning era have been... well, offensive.
- It's still the Jets. They had 2 winning seasons in the past decade, and I'm not convinced they feel the need to become better.

This doesn’t really alter your analysis, but his main competition is Perriman.

Link to post
Share on other sites

His QB is not bad at all, but hasn't really proven anything even if he hasn't had much of a chance to.

But seeing Parker, Drake and Tannehill last year I am beginning to think no one can flourish in the Gase chambers.

Wish they had fired him last year

As a dynasty owner I am hoping for a legit offensive minded hire next year like Beinemy or Carmichael

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Anyone else feel like he’s going unnoticed among the rookie WRs? He’s currently on my waivers in my 14 team league and I’m thinking of dropping Perriman for him (read that Breshad P. had swelling on the same knee he tore a ligament on).

Yes, the coaching is sus but he’s one of the few receiving options on the team 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 12:46 AM, shaolincage said:

Anyone else feel like he’s going unnoticed among the rookie WRs? He’s currently on my waivers in my 14 team league and I’m thinking of dropping Perriman for him (read that Breshad P. had swelling on the same knee he tore a ligament on).

Yes, the coaching is sus but he’s one of the few receiving options on the team 

 

With him coming off IR soon, I've picked him up and will wait and see. I sense with all the Jets injuries he'll be put in a position to get a chunk of targets right off the bat 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Mims, I like hims.

Might pick him up & see how things shake out.

This WR corps is so devoid of talent .. they need playmakers.

You can’t expect to win ball games just chucking it to Crowder 15 times out the slot. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Mims, I like hims.

Might pick him up & see how things shake out.

This WR corps is so devoid of talent .. they need playmakers.

You can’t expect to win ball games just chucking it to Crowder 15 times out the slot. 

I added him two weeks ago. His college tape looked amazing, and it seems Darnold has been enjoying throwing to him in practice. 

Any coincidence between Mims being activated and Darnold coming back this week? I think not. I expect him to get a moderate target share right out of the gates since they are crying for weapons to spread the field out a bit and move the chains. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish I had added him prior to yesterday... Likely no Perriman next week. Could be a great upside dart throw if you're hit with byes. 7 targets in his first NFL game is nothing to sneeze at and we know this offense is going to be chucking the ball all day. 

Edited by kidsgotsoul
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Wish I had added him prior to yesterday... Likely no Perriman next week. Could be a great upside dart throw if you're hit with byes. 7 targets in his first NFL game is nothing to sneeze at and we know this offense is going to be chucking the ball all day. 

Definitely liking what I saw on the connections with him and Darnold. He's a big-bodied guy with 4.3 speed and great hands. No byes incoming for him either so that's another plus. Not a league winner by any means, but I can see some TDs incoming for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...